Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

both are bad but the blitz is better, id just get an envy insted

#3 Rexxyman

Rexxyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

envy you say well im new to paintball so does it have a on/off asa and a clamping feedneck?

#4 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

doesnt come stock with a on off asa but i think it has a clamping feedneck, since your new do you have a good mask, 4500 psi tank and good loader?

#5 Rexxyman

Rexxyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

i have a ok mask and a good loader im getting a tank with it

#6 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

get a good mask trust me ive been using a bad mask for a year or two and now that i have a good mask i am playing 1000x better. also which loader do you currently have? and when buying a tank get a 4500psi carbon fiber tank.

#7 Makushin

Makushin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

envy you say well im new to paintball so does it have a on/off asa and a clamping feedneck?

Neither the envy, blitz, or e1 come stock with on/off asa's and the blitz has a much better feedneck than the e1.
The e1 is more expensive than the blitz, only has 2 firing mides, and a stovepipe feedkeck.

#8 Rexxyman

Rexxyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Jt overdrive at the moment but i also have a old ricochet apache that feeds 20bps

#9 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Neither the envy, blitz, or e1 come stock with on/off asa's and the blitz has a much better feedneck than the e1.
The e1 is more expensive than the blitz, only has 2 firing mides, and a stovepipe feedkeck.

e1 has an on off asa milled into the frame

#10 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

Jt overdrive at the moment but i also have a old ricochet apache that feeds 20bps

ok use the ricochet its not bad, for a marker get a GoG envy and than go to a proshop and try on masks find which ever one fits best, is comfortable and has a thermal lens and finally buy a 4500 psi carbon fiber tank and your good.

#11 Rexxyman

Rexxyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

ok but i cant afford the tank with it but my feild i go to rents them out for 10$

#12 Dust

Dust

Newbie On the Block

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Our new players guide says to buy the tank before the gun.
When you are looking for your gun, its better to get the GoG eNVy. I have it myself as my first gun and its an awesome thing for a new player. It shoots, it isn't too complicated, easy for me to maintain and an easy feedneck.

#13 Unknown PB

Unknown PB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

mask, loader and tank always come before getting a gun look at the new players guide for details why.

#14 Rexxyman

Rexxyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

Nevermind i found some cash in my stash and i can afford a tank so thnks ill be getting a gog envy

#15 PBJ88

PBJ88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

i dont know about the e1 but i do know that the blitz is not a bad gun... i was one of the few that got ahold of a dud and had a massive headache trying to get it fixed but now that its up and running its great. ive had a few guys running higher end guns at my field who actually put down their guns and played a few games with my blitz just because it was fun.

if you can find a nxe jrny they are also fantastic. they feed up to 20bps just fine. and they are pretty cheap...at least they were :-/

#16 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

i dont know about the e1 but i do know that the blitz is not a bad gun... i was one of the few that got ahold of a dud and had a massive headache trying to get it fixed but now that its up and running its great. ive had a few guys running higher end guns at my field who actually put down their guns and played a few games with my blitz just because it was fun.

if you can find a nxe jrny they are also fantastic. they feed up to 20bps just fine. and they are pretty cheap...at least they were :-/

i also had a blitz and it was a dud as well and after having constant problems such as a stripped cup seal and blown reg orings as well as a leaking valve out of the box...getting past those problems the gun is still loud, rough on paint and noms all my batteries. The envy is a much better gun.

#17 Rexxyman

Rexxyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

thanks

#18 Rexxyman

Rexxyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

does it matter what psi or cu inches of tank i get?

im gettin a Guerrilla Air Compressed Air Tank W/ Myth Regulator 48/3000

Edited by Rexxyman, 12 August 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#19 erpig

erpig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

does it matter what psi or cu inches of tank i get?

im gettin a Guerrilla Air Compressed Air Tank W/ Myth Regulator 48/3000

If you're playing at a field the tank size doesn't matter, you'll probably run out of paint before you run out of air. You'll get around 500 shots. I'd try to save money and not shoot so much, you could get about a hopper and 2 pods out of the tank which is good enough.

Edited by erpig, 12 August 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#20 Rexxyman

Rexxyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

yea the refill station at my feild is 20 ft away from the speedball and woodsball feilds :tup: :tup:

#21 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

4500 psi is always better

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#22 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

This question came up recently in this thread: http://www.techpb.co...1

My comment from that thread is here, though some references will only make sense if you read the original thread.

Hitman2513, on 03 August 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

fathulk91219, on 02 August 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

I was just saying that the E1 lends itself to customization since the bolt engine (the G3 bolt) is arguably the best in its price bracket(which is the only thing you can't change in a gun) and all the replaceable features (feedneck, board, barrel, regulator) are not. The bolt engine was used on the Dangerous power G3, which a few years ago was considered a benchmark. Some people have reported getting 9 pods out of the e1 on a 68/4500 fill. In essence, its a good gun that can grow as you do.

The blitz just has a reliable stacked tubed blowback operation similar to the Spyder VS series. Blowback systems are naturally rough on paint but Azodin has tried to make the operation softer while spyder has been trying to make their guns more efficient. That's why Azodins have more trouble getting up to higher velocities. There are not upgrades for the board (well there is but its a pain from what I understand).

Basically, if you want to upgrade, get the DP e1. if not buy the blitz for now and later when you outgrow it you can buy w.e. in a higher price bracket.

The eNVy is a descendant from the Ion which was a true customizable gun very much like a shocker.
1,260 shots from a 68/4500 on a G4 is not happening unless it's got the L7 bolt.
The Blitz is another E Spyder internally the exact same as a Spyder VS2.
Azodin's goal was to have an industry standard STBB not a softer shot blowback.

If you want to upgrade get an eXTCy stick a QEV in it and you have a super almighty Ion otherwise get an eNVy stick a Blackheart Board and QEV to hav an Ion with just as good performance but without the extra little bells and whistles the eXTCy has stock.

If $180 is the OP's price limit, then recommending the $200 eNVy with an additional ~$75 of upgrades in the Blackheart board and QEV may not be the best advice. Even going stock eXTCy + QEV is going to run the same price at about $275.

For that matter, the E1 is probably just a bit more than $180 too - likely a $190 marker. OP, I'd recommend you try go one of two paths and as much as possible:

for $170, buy the Azodin Blitz
It's autococker threaded, has 4 modes, and can shoot 13.1 bps ramp or 20 bps semi. It will be louder and kickier than the other options, though I've heard many people say the E1 is about the same for noise and kick. It doesn't need upgrades, though you can buy an on/off ASA with the Blitz for less than the price of the other markers.

for $250, buy one of Proto Rail, GOG eXTCy, Azodin Zenith
See this article for a long Rail vs. eXTCy comparison: http://www.techpb.co...1
Also consider Azodin Zenith. It is similar to the Blitz but adds on/off ASA, a 14" 2 piece barrel, and kick reduction system. Like the Rail, the Zenith is autococker threaded meaning any barrels you purchase for it aren't wasted should you want to purchase any newer, more expensive marker that's not a Luxe. Azodin has just released details on a new Zenith model (X2) to come out this fall, so it may be prudent to avoid this choice or wait on the new marker to hit the street.

I'd stay away from the E1 for reasons mentioned in this thread. At best it is another money pit for upgrades.

I'd also stay away from the GOG eNVy for similar reasons. To get a gun that can shoot the same speed as all of the rest you have to pay the same price as the Zenith, Rail, and eXTCy - all of which have more features than an eNVy plus blackheart board. Stock the eNVy has no eyes, you can't adjust the dwell, you're capped at 11 bps, and it has a stubby 10" Ion threaded barrel that you'll be tempted to waste money on replacing.

Edited by Unfated33, 13 August 2012 - 07:43 AM.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#23 urkovpb

urkovpb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

Ive had a blitz for about 2 years now and its worked just fine. only problem ive had was when i blew a macroline fitting awhile ago but that was an easy fix. I have very little experience with the e1 and other guns in this price range but i know for sure the blitz is a good gun that can hang in there with more expensive guns. mike has made videos on both guns so i highly suggest watching them to help make your decision.
Current set up: upped smart parts ion, ninja 48/3000, and halo b

#24 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#25 EMPIRE EMPEROR

EMPIRE EMPEROR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

Invest in a 4500, 3000 are steel. Its worth it for carbon fiber, Ninja makes the best tanks. The diffrence in cubic inchs is the size of the tank and how much air it carrys. I'm 6'3 so I would cramp all over if I used any tank smaller than 68ci.

#26 urkovpb

urkovpb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

After getting a good tank, mask, and hopper i would most definetely reccomend the blitz. its a good gun with very few things that can go wrong

#27 mph295

mph295

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

E1 definitely has an on/off..

#28 urkovpb

urkovpb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

I have absolutely ZERO experience with the e1 but ive had a blitz for a few years now and its served me just well. Its had no major problems and maintenance is almost non existant. Obviously its not an ego, but it can definetely hold its own against other guns in higher price ranges

#29 firebirdjimbo

firebirdjimbo

Arms Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

E1, crappy stock board but better gun overall
fistful of agg. MN ballers club, the modders guild.
My Feedback +6/-0
I FIX BROKEN GUNS

#30 urkovpb

urkovpb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

If you decide on the blitz make sure to upgrade the feedneck cause its pretty bad

Edited by urkovpb, 06 September 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#31 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

If you decide on the blitz make sure to upgrade the feedneck cause its pretty bad

In comparison to the DP E1 feedneck, the Blitz is tremendously better. It's just not a locking-arm feedneck but a twistlock. I found the twistlock to be tight enough in the vertical direction but would still occasionally allow a slight angle of rotation in the facing of the hopper. The E1 feedneck appears to be a simple pipe with no locking at all - it reminds me of the old Spyder feednecks. This will require either replacement or a gasket to work.

In fairness, I replaced my Kaos-D feedneck with a CP feedneck, but only because I picked one up used as part of a package sale. If I hadn't purchased the package I would still be perfectly comfortable with using the twistlock system.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#32 maymay32

maymay32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

get a reliable used g4 from your local shops but get a tank and better mask first

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users