7 replies to this topic

#1 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

Anyone going to this? I really want to make another large scenario this year but I've never been to Sherwood. Any insight about the field or it's scenarios would be helpful.

#2 aka Mich

aka Mich

Ohana PB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

I'm planning on being there. In my opinion it's a great field, they run it really well and are always making little changes to the field that make it interesting to go back to. Quite a few experienced players and teams attend their scenarios as well that know the field, they're usually split up pretty evenly so one team doesn't roll the field.

Posted Image

#3 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

How many people usually show up to some of the larger scenarios? I've tried finding some info but it seems kind of lacking around the interwebs.

#4 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Looks interesting, I may try to plan a trip out to play
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#5 aka Mich

aka Mich

Ohana PB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

How many people usually show up to some of the larger scenarios? I've tried finding some info but it seems kind of lacking around the interwebs.

Probably 200-250 would be a good turnout. Sometimes smaller but the commanders are out recruiting for this game so I'd expect a good turnout.

Posted Image

#6 RIP-Buttercup

RIP-Buttercup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

Yeah I was late on getting on here. My team, Rage In Paint is the one writing the game and doing all the behind the scenes stuff.

Don't let player counts stop you from coming to Sherwood. This game is looking to be anywhere from 200-400 players.

IMO, this is a bucket list field (compared to the other bucket list fields). The field is constantly being updated and is all well built. No pallets or plywood bunkers here. Most of the building and bunkers are made of railroad ties and have been spiked down. The castle at Sherwood is awesome and the field immediately around it makes it truly special. While not as pretty or impressive in pictures as other fields, Sherwood has built specifically with big games in mind. This means the playability of the field is great. Night play has about 1/3 of the field moderately lighted with an interactive system, allowing teams to turn them on or off via the power station. The rest of the field will be sparsely and dimly lit with over 100 tiki torches in strategic areas. Sherwoods brings in some of the best Refs, that are all very experienced and work hard.

Paint has been great this year and air is supplied by Paintball Indiana's air trailer (the same one that has done the past four LL), so there is rarely anything even remotely like a line.

Plenty of onsite primitive camping with both port a johns and indoor bathrooms. Plenty of hotels within 10-20 mins if your not in to camping.

As far as the game itself. It will be a moderate role playing game based off seasons 3-4 of the TV show Supernatural. We are doing our very best to make it challenging and fun for all players, whether you really want to get into rp or just want to go out and shoot stuff. When we have more things finished and approved, I will post it.

Here is the schedule for SuperNatural "Dooms Day"

Friday Night: 5-7pm Registration

Saturday:
Chrono opens: 8:00am
Registration & paint sales open: 8:00am
Mandatory Orientation 10:00am
Game on 11:30am
Diner Break: 4:30pm
Night Play 6:30 - ? (usually around 11-12)
Paint sales close: 7pm

Sunday:
Registration & Paint sales open: 8:00 am
Chrono opens 8:00am
Game on 9:00am
Lunch Break 12:30pm
Paint sales close 1:30 pm
Final Battle 1:30 to 2:30pm
Awards 3:00pm
Rage In Paint My link Northern Indiana Scenario

Sherwood Forest, Laporte, IN.
My link 80 Acres of purpose built scenario field.

#7 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

Thanks for the info. Might be time to start making some plans!

#8 aka Mich

aka Mich

Ohana PB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

I'd definitely say if you can make it, do so. The place is worth it.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users