3 replies to this topic

#1 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Ok so I have the Cannon T3 which is a solid DSLR but it lacks a mic input. Now if I had mad amounts of cash I would just upgrade to a camera with one but sadly I do not. How should I capture audio with a quality microphone and then sync it to the film? What microphones would allow me to do this in a digital format while giving me good audio quality? Im not to worried about it but it would be nice for interviews in the future. I interviewed Mr.H at MAO and the audio was less then stellar due to the noise from the booming speakers of the HK booth lmfao

#2 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

I'd probably go with a Zoom h1n, and the mic of your choice. The zoom is around $100, and the mic will cost you from $20 to $500...depending on how much you want to spend. Its a digital recorder, so you plug the mic into the recorder, and it records to a micro sd card

To sync the audio you can either get a directors board, or simply clap, or snap your fingers. All you have to do then is line up the peaks in your editing software.

Edited by IhasAcellular, 15 August 2012 - 06:31 AM.

Posted Image

#3 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,928 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

I do basically what Ihas is describing. Have a shoe mounted azden(sp?) microphone and plug it into a digital recorder. then you just have to sync it in post preduction

#4 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

3rd'ing what everyone else said.

AdoramaTV on YouTube has a new web-series about DSLR video. I'd recommend you check that out.
Actually, they JUST did an episode discussing how to capture sound off camera.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users