6 replies to this topic

#1 Beast_Killa

Beast_Killa

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

This isn't exactly paintball related, but I figured this would be a good place to ask and get some nice answers.

So today was the first day of Pre-Season for soccer. After running for a little while, I got this intense pain in my right shoulder blade. But, this isn't the first time it's occurred. A few years ago, when I was more in shape than I am now, we had to run several miles for school. Again, after a short time, I got sharp pain in my shoulder.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? It's happened for as long as I can remember when running long distances, but I never really looked too far into it. Now that I'm starting soccer this year, I want to know whats wrong.

Also, it only seems to happen in my right shoulder, never in my left. Which is why I don't think it's my posture, because I would assume if you had bad posture while running, you'd get pain in both sides.

Thanks a lot.

#2 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

I get this too, on occasion. I find that it's generally caused by a few things. First of all, what I eat and drink before running has a huge impact. Eating shit and not hydrating causes problems.

Also, stretching beforehand helps, as does deep breathing while running.

That being said, I would see a doctor if it is really bothering you.

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

#3 Doctor Hank

Doctor Hank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

Its most likely that you are over exerting yourself and getting whats commonly known as a "stitch", like a "stitch in the side". However, a "stitch" is merely referred pain from poorly oxygenated or fatigued muscle, and in your case it is most likely your diaphragm, sending referred pain via the phrenic nerve, which manifests in the shoulder (phrenic nerve travels that far up). It is actually fairly common in prolonged cardiovascular exercise, especially when overexerting yourself, as you can spasm your diaphragm, causing the pain.

Or your a wuss. What the hell do I know.

#4 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

I have that problem as well, but i think i may have learnt what exactly the problem is. learning is magic

This is the first time i have seen someone with the screen name " doctor" who i believe may actually be a doctor LOL

Posted Image

#5 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

I think hank may becorrect. Hydrate like crazy, no soda or sugery drinks. Lots of good ole fashion water. Maybe eat a banana every day too. Then keep the running up and it will eventually stop as your body adjusts to the running. I lost 40lbs running and have kept the weight off for a couple years now.

#6 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

I have it in my ankles...after a mile+ I have a intense pain shooting up from my ankles...it's been like this for a month or so now. I play soccer and sometimes I have to go out because I can't even walk. It's horrible...

#7 newwestswag

newwestswag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

I get the exact same thing as the OP and I really don't know what it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users