• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 GuyWithAQuestion

GuyWithAQuestion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

I was on TechPB and facebook and my cursor started going crazy, first it was highlighting everything and then it switched tabs to my Facebook, pulled up the account info then I held the power button down and turned it off. Now it don't turn on, any help would be much appreciated. I'll press the power button and it won't turn on. The laptop is a dell xps m1530.

#2 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

Take the battery out, and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Put the battery back in. If that doesn't work I am out of ideas, either ask dell or someone else could help you with that.

With the cursor thing it sounds like you have a RAT problem.

RAT: Short for Remote Access Trojan, a Trojan horse that provides the intruder, or hacker, with a backdoor into the infected system. This backdoor allows the hacker to snoop your system, use your infected system to launch a zombie (attacks on other systems), or even run malicious code.

Have you downloaded anything lately?

#3 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

Yum. You forgot to tell him to unplug it from the wall first. Then take battery out ,etc

#4 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

Yeah I just noticed. But I woke up five minutes before writing that. Was still tired. Also kinda figured he would already have it unplugged.

#5 GuyWithAQuestion

GuyWithAQuestion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Nope,, I think its all good though. I woke up this morning and it worked fine, thanks guys.

#6 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

Just to be safe do a virus scan.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#7 iKickYellow

iKickYellow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

Also known as a remote administration tool to make it sound less lethal. Im %90 sure your infected with a rat. Check your processes for anything weird and check your temp folder. I used to use these a while back, trust me. You'll never know its there. If he used a free shitty crypter its probably on your system but just doesnt connect to him. If its decent then check if you've downloaded anything fishy and track it to its origin, and check what process its under. If its darkcomeg it usually comes as winupdt, but becareful some of those are crucial to your system. And a REALLY good tip would be to change your facebook password...

#8 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

Also known as a remote administration tool to make it sound less lethal. Im %90 sure your infected with a rat. Check your processes for anything weird and check your temp folder. I used to use these a while back, trust me. You'll never know its there. If he used a free shitty crypter its probably on your system but just doesnt connect to him. If its decent then check if you've downloaded anything fishy and track it to its origin, and check what process its under. If its darkcomeg it usually comes as winupdt, but becareful some of those are crucial to your system. And a REALLY good tip would be to change your facebook password...

:huh:
Or you can just do a virus scan.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#9 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

Virus scans don't pick up all viruses.

#10 iKickYellow

iKickYellow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

Virus scans don't pick up all viruses.

Its not hard to find a nice crypter, or half ass it and pay $2 for a FUD crypt.

#11 stewie1897

stewie1897

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

It sounds like a RAT, although your computer may seem fixed, you might still have a RAT. You should seek out some white hat assistance. RAT's can be very dangerous if you have any personal information on your laptop.

stewietechpb.png

#12 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

I'm late I know, but scan it. Trust me, if you have any virus, trojan or whatever, turning off your computer does no good. The state of the virus will either stay the same or get worse from here and on.

#13 iKickYellow

iKickYellow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

It sounds like a RAT, although your computer may seem fixed, you might still have a RAT. You should seek out some white hat assistance. RAT's can be very dangerous if you have any personal information on your laptop.

You roam around hf?

#14 SquadZLeader

SquadZLeader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

Just like they said
It can be RAT but not 100% right
Even tho ur computer look fine but the program still in ur files
I suggest u to do a scan on ur computer and look at ur start up folder and the start up regedit (U can google it if u don't know the location for it)
Cuz mostly it's not RAT
it's just like kind of random number generate the x and y location to make ur mouse move around and have a loop for it so it's like endless
and the reason i told u to check the start up folder and the start regedit cuz mostly when u start ur computer the program will auto run
If is rat it will auto run and take control of ur computer
if is just a program that move ur mouse around then it will have timer when to auto move ur cursor
u can so check in taskmanger to see some strange program running in ur background example like "gagabadsfi.exe" those are the program u have to remove
it's really easy to guess

i had a lot of problem on my computer with the virus and weird programs running i do that to remove them

Also just let u know if its RAT then u should notice ur internet really slow cuz it's transfer ur computer screen and stuff to other computer
it's use massive internet connection to do that

Edited by SquadZLeader, 25 September 2012 - 06:45 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users