8 replies to this topic

#1 obft

obft

Bringing Sexy Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Alright, so I just got some DOW55 and a pressure tester for my Marq Hybrid Mummy. I set my LPR to just below 80 psi, and HPR to 240(haven't chrono'd as of yet, just set it in the middle of Bob Long's settings). To try it out, since this is the first time I've used a pressure tester with it, I shot a hopper through it. Then I noticed I got a leak from the grip frame. So, I shot the rest of my hopper(there didn't seem to be any change in how it fired after I realized it was leaking). I degassed it, regassed it, and stuck my finger in the breech to see if it was the bolt. It wasn't. My guess is the solenoid, since I just maintenanced the LPR, but I wanted a second opinion before I do anything to my gun. Any suggestions? I'd like to avoid sending it to BLAST because I've had a bad experience with them before with ordering off their site.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,982 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

Check the LPR hose and body-solenoid o-rings. Sometimes it's just a matter of taking stuff and re-seating it or re-attaching it.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 16 August 2012 - 07:14 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 obft

obft

Bringing Sexy Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Alright, I'm a complete newb when it comes to solenoid on anything that isnt a Spyder or Spyder clone, so could you tell me what to look for if a hose is damaged and how to reseat it?

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,982 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

There's a small hose that runs from the LPR to the solenoid, just make sure that's all the way on the barbs. As for any o-rings between the body and solenoid, just unscrewing the solenoid from the body, checking those, then screwing it back on can solve some random leaking (if that's where it was leaking from).

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#5 obft

obft

Bringing Sexy Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

Alright, so my solenoid is currently apart, as far as I dare to go, and I've found some paint on the outside. I've also found that the white cap of it looks like it should have an o-ring(because the area has a bunch of DOW55 on it), but does not. Then the other end with the silver colored metal on top appears to have an oring but no lube. There is also a completely dry metal rod type thing with a spring on it that is completely dry. The hose checks out OK.

#6 obft

obft

Bringing Sexy Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

After reassembling it, the leaking is even worse. :( No idea what's up with it.

EDIT: Alright, I found the problem. There are to extremely tiny rods that fell out without me knowing at first, and I have no idea what's up with these.

Edited by obft, 16 August 2012 - 08:40 PM.

#7 obft

obft

Bringing Sexy Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

I found out where the metal rods go, but then I somehow lost a different part, it's sort of hard to describe, but here it goes: it's the metal disc with a spring on it that pushes on the piston when you assemble the soldenoid, and it somehow fell out. So I'm out a solenoid unless I can find it. :/

Edited by obft, 16 August 2012 - 11:15 PM.

#8 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

If you lost a part you are SOL. You cant buy the internal pieces. I dont know why you took it apart in the first place. It was most likely an oring sealing the solenoid to the body, not inside of it.

If you are looking for a new solenoid check the sig Posted Image

Edited by TheGuy, 17 August 2012 - 12:05 AM.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#9 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

I found out where the metal rods go, but then I somehow lost a different part, it's sort of hard to describe, but here it goes: it's the metal disc with a spring on it that pushes on the piston when you assemble the soldenoid, and it somehow fell out. So I'm out a solenoid unless I can find it. :/

Thats why you always work on a clean desk or floor.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users