Photo

Android Thread - Any and All Things Android!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Aeladis

Aeladis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

Posted Image

Hey guys, So I've pretty much been an Android fan ever since it came out. Figured it be cool to get a thread up where we can discuss anything related to Android such as cell phones, tablets, etc.

I myself am now eligible for an upgrade at Sprint and was looking into the Samsung Galaxy S3...but I figured I should wait in case the new Galaxy Nexus is announced as rumored towards the end of this year. I've also been checking out the Nexus 7...For $199, it's definitely something that interests me enough to get me into the tablet market.

Feel free to post up what phone you are currently using, and I'll make a list out of it.

------------------------------------------

Motorola Droid Razr
-polishboy1098

Samsung Galaxy SIII
-Stix

Galaxy Nexus
-`kook

Droid X2
-LikeACheeseStick

Edited by Aeladis, 17 August 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#2 polishboy1098

polishboy1098

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

I have the Motorola Droid Razr

Or instead of a Rotor, get a used Pinokio or Prophecy and use the left over money for cool shit, like taquitos and hookers.

#3 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

I've been using android for 5 years. Love this OS so much. Using an SIII right meow.
xfire-stix9693
Ps3 - SLYGATHOR (LittleBigPlanet, Burnout Paradise, Team Fortress2, Killzone 2)
Wii - 5318 0896 2208 0310
Steam - slygathore
Building a computer is like playing with Legos, the pieces only fit one way
Posted Image

#4 Aeladis

Aeladis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

I'm so tempted to upgrade to the S3....I really like the look of it, and I know it'll be getting Jelly Bean. Like I said though, I'm gonna wait and see what the next Galaxy Nexus is going to be like. Hopefully it'll have awesome hardware, and come shipped with Jelly Bean.

#5 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:39 AM

I have a Galaxy Nexus right now, absolutely love it except for the awful camera, but I knew that going in.

Been with android since the OG. Owned an OG, Thunderbolt, X2 and Gnexus. Running a CM10 nightly right now and loving Jelly bean. Aeladis I would wait for the next nexus version since they're opening it up to multiple manufacturers this year. A Nexus by motorola would be nice assuming they do a good job.

I also have a Nexus 7 and I really like it except for the build quality. I've had screen lifting issues that I havn't been able to fix, even after removing the back and tightening the screws. It also creaks on the right side if I pinch it a tad. The software is great obviously. For how much youtube/netflix/reading I do, I think it was worth the minor build issues at least in my eyes.

I've recently thought about a switch to Windows Phone. I used to be a crack flasher but as the years have gone by I notice I only use my phone for basic things now. Texting, calls, twitter, basic stuff. I like Metro UI and if I eveer wanted to go back to android I have my Gnexus, which is no slouch of a phone

Edited by `kook, 17 August 2012 - 01:41 AM.

It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#6 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

I have a Droid X2.

My parents just recently won an Android PCTablet or whatever the hell.

"They found me in an alley way, trying to re-enter the Earths' atmosphere in an old refrigerator box."

#7 Aeladis

Aeladis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

I have a Galaxy Nexus right now, absolutely love it except for the awful camera, but I knew that going in.

Been with android since the OG. Owned an OG, Thunderbolt, X2 and Gnexus. Running a CM10 nightly right now and loving Jelly bean. Aeladis I would wait for the next nexus version since they're opening it up to multiple manufacturers this year. A Nexus by motorola would be nice assuming they do a good job.

Ohh really? Multiple manufacturers? Well then I guess I'll definitely wait. My upgrade isnt going anywhere, and my current phone is slowing down, but still not intolerable.

#8 Manley

Manley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

I have a samsung exhibit II 4g. Not the best phone but for a no contract phone and my first smart phone, I'm happy. I've been using it for basic use and emulation.

#9 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'm looking at getting a One V just for one of the second lines on my account. So's I can get the Ninja Tel ROM. That ROM is so badass.
xfire-stix9693
Steam - slygathore
Posted Image

#10 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

i used to have an android Huawei U8000
now ive gone to a LG Optimus 2X

I <3 android! :D

Posted Image

#11 cpuwhiz22

cpuwhiz22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

I have been using Linux my whole life, and Android since it was released. I am currently using an HTC Thunderbolt, which to be honest I do not care for. I only got it because it was the first 4G phone on Verizon, and since I wanted me some 4G I had to get it. The battery life on it is the worst of any phone I have had. I was running Cyanogen but had some issues with the radio where I would randomly lose data connectivity and have to either switch into and out of airplane mode, or reboot. Also, to get the GPS working there was a issue which required a reflash with a Sense rom, and then back, which was annoying. I am now back on Sense using ThunderStick, and to be honest I like it so far. I have had a few issues though where the touch screen sometimes stops responding, and requires a battery pull. It's pretty annoying because it almost always happens when I am trying to hang up on someone's voicemail, and instead the get a message of me swearing at my phone before I pull the battery.

I don't know what I want next. I am due for upgrade in November, but to be honest I will probably buy something off eBay since I currently have unlimited data, and Verizon has done away with that. From what I have read, as long as I don't get a subsidized phone I can keep my unlimited data, but if I get a new subsidized phone I will be forced into a new plan with a cap, which won't work for me since I tether all the time and can download several gigs in a few hours at times.

#12 H all day

H all day

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

i have a Galaxy S2 Lte
I pay for all my gear...Im 13.If your under 18 and pay for your gear, put this section in your sig
Proud Christian Paintballer!!

#13 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

I have been using Linux my whole life, and Android since it was released. I am currently using an HTC Thunderbolt, which to be honest I do not care for. I only got it because it was the first 4G phone on Verizon, and since I wanted me some 4G I had to get it. The battery life on it is the worst of any phone I have had. I was running Cyanogen but had some issues with the radio where I would randomly lose data connectivity and have to either switch into and out of airplane mode, or reboot. Also, to get the GPS working there was a issue which required a reflash with a Sense rom, and then back, which was annoying. I am now back on Sense using ThunderStick, and to be honest I like it so far. I have had a few issues though where the touch screen sometimes stops responding, and requires a battery pull. It's pretty annoying because it almost always happens when I am trying to hang up on someone's voicemail, and instead the get a message of me swearing at my phone before I pull the battery.

I don't know what I want next. I am due for upgrade in November, but to be honest I will probably buy something off eBay since I currently have unlimited data, and Verizon has done away with that. From what I have read, as long as I don't get a subsidized phone I can keep my unlimited data, but if I get a new subsidized phone I will be forced into a new plan with a cap, which won't work for me since I tether all the time and can download several gigs in a few hours at times.

Yeah, VZW sucks ass lately. If you can get a Galaxy Nexus or an LG Android phone for cheap, get those. The LG phones actually let you (last time I checked) uninstall the bloatware VZW tags on. And the Galaxy Nexus, well I shouldn't have to defend that phone. lol
xfire-stix9693
Steam - slygathore
Posted Image

#14 808maui

808maui

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

I have a X2

KAMEHAMEHA

Bob Long Vice

Dangerous Power G3
808 State

#15 Plattypus

Plattypus

You are FAT. First After Ten. - Ced.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Currently rocking an HTC EVO 4G LTE on Sprint. I picked it over the SIII because the pentile SAMOLED screen makes me cry.

If you get shot in the jaw you remember you are playing paintball, man the fuck up and say thank you sir, may I have another. - Cdn

Southern California Ballers Club - Grazi #69 - Brotastic Bro Club of Win V.1
My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users