46 replies to this topic

#1 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

I met greg hastings today! He's a funny dude, I shot him multiple times, he shot me more :) He let me test out the R7 Camera, Virtue Spire, and a yet to be released carbon fiber r7 edition tippman crossover. At the end of the day he gave me like a 1000 rounds of paint. He setup his area on the next table over, so I was near him for 6+ hours. He's a great guy and wish to play with him again. He even signed my shirt :)
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!
Current Set-Ups: Ego11, Rotor, 45/4500, Shaft 4, Trilogy, Gravity Hopper, POPS ASA, Azodin Reg, 45/4500, Shaft 4
Proudly sponsored by Zephyr and Empire

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Well that's pretty sweet.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 SublimeDPG4

SublimeDPG4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

Pics or shens.

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Pics or shens.

#5 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

So did you meet anyone important while you were there?

I love you.

#6 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

I met greg hastings today! He's a funny dude, I shot him multiple times, he shot me more :) He let me test out the R7 Camera, Virtue Spire, and a yet to be released carbon fiber r7 edition tippman crossover. At the end of the day he gave me like a 1000 rounds of paint. He setup his area on the next table over, so I was near him for 6+ hours. He's a great guy and wish to play with him again. He even signed my shirt :)

Shit he was at Fox 4 today wasn't he??? </3

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#7 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

lucky bastard the only pro's I've met were a high Thomas Taylor, and Frank Connell on his period......
109.gif

#8 ChrisO17

ChrisO17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

Greg is a good guy.

#9 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

Greg = Tony Hawk

#10 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

Hastings is a cheater from what i am told.....

Edited by OEFVeteran, 18 August 2012 - 10:40 PM.

Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#11 ChrisO17

ChrisO17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

Dude, in scenario anyone is accused a cheater if they think their paint hits them when it obviously doesn't. Ref a few scenarios and you'll understand.

#12 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

Greg = Tony Hawk

So overrated?

I love you.

#13 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

Greg = Tony Hawk

So overrated?

Yeah, but he still seems like a nice guy.
To each his own I guess.

#14 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

Dude, in scenario anyone is accused a cheater if they think their paint hits them when it obviously doesn't. Ref a few scenarios and you'll understand.

dude.... i've been playing and reffing both scenarios and speedball tournies for longer then you have most likely been playing paintball... my team has had run ins with hastings in the past at fox4 paintball, clean breaks, and he didnt get out... took a ref to tell him he was hit to be pulled form a game...

the fact that people do it doenst make it right... its still cheating, and its still against the rules of the game...

Edited by OEFVeteran, 19 August 2012 - 12:23 AM.

Mossberg 500 ZMB

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#15 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

dude.... i've been playing and reffing both scenarios and speedball tournies for longer then you have most likely been playing paintball... my team has had run ins with hastings in the past at fox4 paintball, clean breaks, and he didnt get out... took a ref to tell him he was hit to be pulled form a game...

the fact that people do it doenst make it right... its still cheating, and its still against the rules of the game...

well its what people do it gives them an advantage, waiting for the ref to check you and call you out is almost always better then calling your self out, in tournies at least
109.gif

#16 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

Pics or shens.

Don't have any pics of me with him, there was a photographer there but he was charging like $30 for a dvd with pics that you MAY be in <_<
I'll have a pic of my shirt up soon.

Indeed he was, it was raining quite heavily in the morning though, and to camoflague himself he rubbed mud on his clothes and then was walking around putting mud on people while saying "Have some mud, have some mud" It was very funny

lucky bastard the only pro's I've met were a high Thomas Taylor, and Frank Connell on his period......

LOL :P

From when I was playing with him and shooting at him, he always called his hits.
Except for when we were in staging and had a blow gun barrel war and one broke on him which he then wiped off and everyone was like "GREG'S A WIPER, HE'S A CHEATER!" It was all good though
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!
Current Set-Ups: Ego11, Rotor, 45/4500, Shaft 4, Trilogy, Gravity Hopper, POPS ASA, Azodin Reg, 45/4500, Shaft 4

#17 Impulse3159

Impulse3159

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:29 AM

Sounds like an epic time.

#18 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

Sounds like an epic time.

He was such a nice guy, and like I said, literally set up his area within 6 feet from me :)
At the end of the day he just gave me the last 1000 rounds of paint from the case he was using. I'm debating if I was to shoot it, keep it, or try to sell it on techpb :D
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!

#19 iamit

iamit

Holding the line for the skinnys.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

ive met him at supergames and hes a cool person. still wish he would come out with GHTP2 for PC.

#20 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

Can't tell if serious... :unsure:

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#21 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

ive met him at supergames and hes a cool person. still wish he would come out with GHTP2 for PC.

There's one for the iPad, and he was talking about a new game soon ;)

Can't tell if serious... :unsure:

Greg was a cool dude, and I would doubt him being a cheater.
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!

#22 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

as i said in another post, my old team has had run ins with him before... as well as quite a few people i've played with...

cheating is apart of the game, if you get away with it, you get away with it... if you dont, well, you clearly are not a good cheater... but, that doesnt make it right... its against the rules, and it doenst get any more simple then that.... thats why i don like the guy.... he could be the nicest person in the world, but the simple fact that my team has had experiences with him cheating at fox 4 events, make me not like the guy....
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#23 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

Greg is a great guy, the first time I met him was many years ago when he played on XSV.

I love his energy and he's an amazing person and player.

#24 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Met him 4 years ago I think. I have a signed sweatshirt and signed gearbox. He seemed to be pretty chill imo, even though we didn't see him much (Big Game scenario, He was just in some bushes apparently.

#25 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

as i said in another post, my old team has had run ins with him before... as well as quite a few people i've played with...

cheating is apart of the game, if you get away with it, you get away with it... if you dont, well, you clearly are not a good cheater... but, that doesnt make it right... its against the rules, and it doenst get any more simple then that.... thats why i don like the guy.... he could be the nicest person in the world, but the simple fact that my team has had experiences with him cheating at fox 4 events, make me not like the guy....

agreed, but for me I play for the team I do what it takes to win... Unless its bribing or black mailing....
109.gif

#26 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

He was at CPX one day. I walked passed him like 5 times and I didn't realize it was him until I was at home.

#27 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

He was at CPX one day. I walked passed him like 5 times and I didn't realize it was him until I was at home.

My dad showed up to pick me up and he said something like "So no Hastings? What a rip off!" Then Greg turned around and introduced himself, my dad's face was as red as a tomato :P
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!

#28 tripp

tripp

Proudly Sponsored by ANSGear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

ive played 4 or 5 scenarios with him and when playing with or against him i havent even seen him wipe
ive seen him shoot the shit out fo peopel he thought were wiping, but never wipe himself lol
Sponsored By: ANSGear, Valken Paintball Southern Maryland Paintball
Posted Image
Bob Long 2k4 alias + freak + halo too

#29 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

Everyone wipes from time to time, its just part of the gam.

#30 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

Everyone wipes from time to time, its just part of the gam.

No...just no.

#31 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

That's cool man. I met him when he was doing an event at Camp Pendleton, seemed like a real cool guy, real laid back and easy to talk to. Had a good time playing during the event, but I don't think I ever saw him in game, woulda been cool though!

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#32 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

I have met greg at oklahoma dday a couple times. He has always been pretty cool. First time I met him we were doing interviews with paintballx3 and he comes up behind us I say "Hi greg Im greg" (my name really is greg)and we started bsing from there.

#33 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

Greg was on my team for a few games and we were down in the swamps, crawling through the muck, and we SMOKED the other team :D
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!

#34 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

WHAT
AND NOBODY TOLD ME?!
GOD. DAMMIT. I. HATE. EVERYTHING.
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#35 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

WHAT
AND NOBODY TOLD ME?!
GOD. DAMMIT. I. HATE. EVERYTHING.

He's coming back for a scenario in october.
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!

#36 81794mn

81794mn

wow i have a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:46 AM

Pretty sure taylor wasnt high...hes made it pretty cear hes a straight man of god and does not do drugs
also I use to play with greg on a regular basis, he use to run with my old team tx roughnecks all the time at vipers scenerio games theres a few videos floating around on youtube. He stayed in my room one time and let me tell you that man snores like a freight train. I remember at the 2009 deadlands game put on by viper in mt.pleasent greg and my team went out to eat after the game well he left early for the hotel and changed and we didnt so we meet him at the restraunt while he was wearing a nice polo we were all in are jerseys and pants and stuff still the waitress couldnt figure out what the hell we were, she asked if we were a basketball team or a motocross team and greg just busted out laughing. Later that night we decided to go to blockbuster and get some video games well of course greg just HAD to ask for his game and he asked the fairley attrative girl working the checkout place

this is how it went
greg "excuse me do you have greg hastings paintball for the ps2"
"um no why..."
Greg "oh because im greg hastings"
sorry dude we dont have any paintball games
then she ignored him ha!

When he was doing his tour for the new game I got a free goggle strap, poster, stickerss and ppaint at cousins paintball in dallas for helping him set up the video game booth

also have his cell phone number haha
Team-Texas Roughnecks, www.TexasRoughnecks.org

#37 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Pretty sure taylor wasnt high...hes made it pretty cear hes a straight man of god and does not do drugs
also I use to play with greg on a regular basis, he use to run with my old team tx roughnecks all the time at vipers scenerio games theres a few videos floating around on youtube. He stayed in my room one time and let me tell you that man snores like a freight train. I remember at the 2009 deadlands game put on by viper in mt.pleasent greg and my team went out to eat after the game well he left early for the hotel and changed and we didnt so we meet him at the restraunt while he was wearing a nice polo we were all in are jerseys and pants and stuff still the waitress couldnt figure out what the hell we were, she asked if we were a basketball team or a motocross team and greg just busted out laughing. Later that night we decided to go to blockbuster and get some video games well of course greg just HAD to ask for his game and he asked the fairley attrative girl working the checkout place

this is how it went
"um no why..."
then she ignored him ha!

When he was doing his tour for the new game I got a free goggle strap, poster, stickerss and ppaint at cousins paintball in dallas for helping him set up the video game booth

You should have seen him at the RXL/MXL tourny he was doing some commentary and at the end of the day all you hear is..... "Great Breakout by venom!!!!" everyone on the field and in the stand just turns to him confused as shit
109.gif

#38 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

this is how it went
"um no why..."
then she ignored him ha!

hahaha I would have LOVED to see that go down

#39 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

So I have to ask, what markers was greg using when you saw him?

At my field, he had just a Cocker. Mismatched parts and everything, but it shot like none other.

#40 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

At my field, he had just a Cocker. Mismatched parts and everything, but it shot like none other.

Completely carbon fiber tippman crossover. It's a 1 of 1, but tippman is making 15 others for the price of $1000, completely carbon fiber, comes with r7 camera, and you get to be a player in greg's upcoming video game
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!

#41 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

Completely carbon fiber tippman crossover. It's a 1 of 1, but tippman is making 15 others for the price of $1000, completely carbon fiber, comes with r7 camera, and you get to be a player in greg's upcoming video game

No facking wai.
If I spend $1000 on a mediocre, blatant, not worth the price e-mag copy, and an R7 camera, I get to be in the video game?
FUCK YEAH!

#42 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

No facking wai.
If I spend $1000 on a mediocre, blatant, not worth the price e-mag copy, and an R7 camera, I get to be in the video game?
FUCK YEAH!

The crossover was pretty nice actually. A normal one wouldn't be very good, but the upp'd to the max crossover was pretty smooth.
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!

#43 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

T'was a joke.
But you're not kidding about that video game character?

#44 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

T'was a joke.
But you're not kidding about that video game character?

Nope, Greg was telling me and a few others about it, and he's like "best part is you get to be in my new video game! what's cooler than that!"
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!

#45 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

I wonder if I could flip the crossover, not in the market for that type of marker.

#46 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

I wonder if I could flip the crossover, not in the market for that type of marker.

Assuming you kept the camera, you would need to sell it at around $700
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!

#47 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

Well, Egoballas and Giby12 go to my highschool :P

Actually ran with Giby today at xc practice.

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users