• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 AzodinBlitz2011

AzodinBlitz2011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

I'm looking to buy a new mechanical gun and not sure which is best for me. I want a mech gun because electric guns have too many problems for me and i don't shoot very fast when im playing anyway

Things gun must have in order of priority:

-Mechanical
-Easy maintenance
-gun that is known to have little problems
-does not chop

budget $130

Edited by AzodinBlitz2011, 18 August 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

Please don't post the same question on multiple sections of the forum.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

any tippmann will be good, the newer spyders are good as well

Thinking that electros are fragile and difficult is a common thing newer players do. It is quite the opposite . Electros have many functions that make them more fail safe than mechs such as pressure relief valves. I would recommend an electro over a mech .

Posted Image

#4 iKickYellow

iKickYellow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

Do ALOT of research and read around the forums. Btw make sure you have a tank, mask, hopper before you get a gun.

#5 Makushin

Makushin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Kaos.

#6 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

automag or mech ion

#7 Paintballer69

Paintballer69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

Azodin Kaos, but do some more research and look into maybe picking up a cheap used electro for a little more

#8 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Electros have many functions that make them more fail safe than mechs such as pressure relief valves. I would recommend an electro over a mech .

He's talking general reliability, not stuff that it does.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#9 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

all mechs will chop unless you have a an electronic loader. fact. and go for a kaos, and electros don't have many problems. most of them are user error anyway, but yea kaos

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#10 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

all mechs will chop unless you have a an electronic loader. fact.

Wut? Automag with a LVL10 bolt. That doesn't chop. And I couldn't chop balls with a tippmann and I was TRYING to chop balls with it. My friend couldn't chop evil with his 98 either, that also had a gravity feed.

Chopping is a pointless argument :P
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#11 Blarg

Blarg

"\_(ಠ_ಠ)_/"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

Anything from Tippmann,
anything from Azodin,
any of the 2012 Spyders.
Posted Image

#12 MrBlanco

MrBlanco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

I've actually never chopped using my tippmann 98 with ACT. I don't shoot it very fast but the ACT on it works.

#13 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

Spyders and Azodins are the same piece of crap Tippmann is shit too.

Mech Ion, Cockers, Mags, and Pistols are the way to go.
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#14 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

I don't see why they are that bad? IMO, if it shoots 300 FPS, stays together, can be used for more than 1 game/outing, then it's a good marker.

Spyders and Azodins and Tippmanns are great starter markers for those who just want to get their toes wet into the sport. There's nothing wrong with going with one of them.
I personally would say get a tippmann since they have the least amount of problems out of the box. Most markers "break" due to the player taking them apart incorrectly and well, breaking something. Most Azodins are good to go out of the box but I have heard some problems, same goes with spyders.

from my personal preference and experience, I would say go with a tippmann 98 with ACT, or an Azodin Kaos. Either one will be good enough for several outings and won't break the bank.
http://www.ansgear.c...tbasicblack.htm
http://www.ansgear.c...inkaosblack.htm

Save a bit more and perhaps get a GOG envy
http://www.ansgear.c...ballgunenvy.htm
Or an Azodin Blitz:
http://www.ansgear.c...tz2011black.htm

These are 4 very solid markers imo.
Some people may say get the Blackheart for the envy or the Extcy instead, but if you don't expect yourself playing that often, it won't be necessary

#15 Titan429

Titan429

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

Tippmann 98 gets my vote

#16 Buckyboy098

Buckyboy098

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

USED PUMP!!!!!!!!!!Mechanical?? yes the are mechanicalEasy maintenance?? read and keep the manual on hand gun that is known to have little problems?? not that I have heard of does not chop?? it chops if you chop the balldont want to shoot fast?? will limit the amount that paint you shoot budget $130

#17 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

USED PUMP!!!!!!!!!!Mechanical?? yes the are mechanicalEasy maintenance?? read and keep the manual on hand gun that is known to have little problems?? not that I have heard of does not chop?? it chops if you chop the balldont want to shoot fast?? will limit the amount that paint you shoot budget $130

#18 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

To start, most mechanical markers won't chop if you have an electric hopper to consistently feed paint. Good cheap hoppers are the Revy, the Invert TOO, and Kingmann Fasta 9v.

I'm gonna list out some pros and cons for a few different markers...

Tippmann 98/BT4:
Pros - Incredibly hard to break with normal use, incredibly hard to break in extreme circumstances
Cons - Maintenance is a huge pain, offset feedneck, heavy, hard shot

Azodin Kaos:
Pros - Light, simple to work on, crisp shooter
Cons - Crappy feedneck, long trigger pull

Automag:
Pros - Incredibly fun to shoot, smaller profile
Cons - Heavy for size, offset feedneck, blends quality paint if you don't have a LVL10 bolt

Autococker:
Pros - Incredibly fun to shoot when properly tuned
Cons - Steep learning curve, lots of parts, hard to properly tune, not recommended for a beginner

Mechanical Ion:
Pros - Awesome shot like the Automag, simple to work on, quiet, customizable
Cons - Mech kits are $70 on top of whatever you pay for the normal Ion you buy, might not have "bolt-out-back" so you might have to buy a BOB body (and you WANT one with a mech Ion)

I'm going to recommend the Kaos. It's simple and gets the job done.

Edited by erg993, 23 August 2012 - 09:16 PM.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#19 yourmaineballer

yourmaineballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

I had an A5 and it worked great for me. I had the hall effect e-grip on it with the techt fang trigger and upgraded paddles. never chopped once for me

#20 mitchner

mitchner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

A used automag is worth considering. It will only set you back ~ $100. As another poster said, it must have the level 10 bolt. The earlier bolt was a paint blender, I know from first-hand experience. It's a very heavy gun though, so if you are smaller or a kid it may start to drag you down.

#21 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

I don't see why they are that bad? IMO, if it shoots 300 FPS, stays together, can be used for more than 1 game/outing, then it's a good marker.

Because they are a loud blowback and at their price I can find a used eNVy or cocker or mag which they all shit all over blowbacks.

Personally I hate tippmanns and tippmann clones because they are more difficult to take apart than an Ion due to the fact that everything is compressed by springs and you practically need a 4th hand to clean the trigger.
Posted Image

#22 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

I'm looking to buy a new mechanical gun and not sure which is best for me. I want a mech gun because electric guns have too many problems for me and i don't shoot very fast when im playing anyway

Things gun must have in order of priority:

-Mechanical
-Easy maintenance
-gun that is known to have little problems
-does not chop

budget $130 $500

Oh you definitely need an mag with an xvalve
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#23 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

I've used a Spyder, Tippman 98, Tippman A-5 (honestly it's more or less the same gun with different feed), BT-4 (basically the same gun again), autococker, and Kaos Deluxe. The Spyder and Deluxe are lighter than the Tippmans, BT, Autococker (and Automag). The feedneck on the Kaos is different, but it does keep a Tacamo or Primo hopper in no problem at all. There's nothing wrong with the 98c or BT-4, but the weight and ergonomics of it make it a plodding choice for a marker - you won't shoot terribly fast and it's tiring to run around with the marker. The front grips on the 98 especially are pretty far out from your trigger hand as well. I've seen some horror stories about taking a 98c-style marker apart and then losing pieces in the process. I've not used a Extreme Rage/Empire ER-3, but I've heard they're loud, kicky, and fragile. A local field had them as rental markers but I think they have switched to Tippman 98's.

The kaos-d is a standard kaos with the following changes: a regulator, an on/off ASA, a 14" .689 barrel, and the ZeRO recoil reduction system. The on/off is just a nice feature to have that saves your asa/tank threads and makes degassing your marker easy. The 14" barrel and regulator help with shot-over-shot consistency with the potential option to underbore. The ZeRO recoil reduction system takes away from the barrel rise you'd get in a 98c-style marker after firing and helps a bit with noise. I've heard the kaos marker described as a cannon for shot volume, but in my experience the Tippman 98c is slightly louder than a stock Kaos-d.

Maintenance on a kaos-d is simple unlatching and removal of the bolt to apply a bit of lube between games. You can remove and lube the striker o-ring as desired, but I don't find it to be required for play. If necessary, you simply twist off the back cap and slide the spring, bumper, and striker out. When ready to replace, just loosen the trigger frame so that the striker slides in past the sear in the trigger frame to save your o-ring from chopping. The whole thing including lubing is like a 2-3 minute procedure.

I liked the BT-4 better than the 98c or the A-5 because it was slightly lighter. I didn't like an Autococker at all because it was heavy and I felt like it had a science project sticking out of the front of it. I didn't like the Spyder because it had consistency problems (and the one I used had a gasketed feedneck). I love the Kaos-D. I feel like I'm using a much higher end marker than the price I paid for it, it's consistent, it's trivially simple to maintain, and it's durable. If you want a new mechanical, it's in a class of it's own. If you're going to get used, I'd try to hold an Autococker, Automag, and the Kaos-D. It's still a close battle - you might find you like an Automag better, but the Kaos-D still matches up well even with those high-end mechanicals of years past.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#24 Poweredby

Poweredby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:04 PM

Tippmann 98 or Azodin Kaos would be my two choices.

#25 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

Because they are a loud blowback and at their price I can find a used eNVy or cocker or mag which they all shit all over blowbacks.

Personally I hate tippmanns and tippmann clones because they are more difficult to take apart than an Ion due to the fact that everything is compressed by springs and you practically need a 4th hand to clean the trigger.

I let this go earlier but the more I see this idea the more it bothers me. An autococker IS a blowback. In fact, all of these types of markers exist in the same family: http://www.zdspb.com...nim_hammer.html

You see the Splatmaster, the Spyder, the Ego, the Excalibur, the Angel, the Autococker, the Tippman 98c, the Fusion, and the Intimidator. Now, there are plenty of people that like "spools" or "inline poppets" instead of the "poppet" family, but to try to dismiss part of the grouping as blowbacks is at best misleading.

Even if I were to grant that a Tippman is harder to take apart than a Mech Ion, I'd still need to honestly concede that an Azodin Kaos or a Spyder Xtra is easier to take apart than both.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#26 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:41 AM

I let this go earlier but the more I see this idea the more it bothers me. An autococker IS a blowback. In fact, all of these types of markers exist in the same family: http://www.zdspb.com...nim_hammer.html

they are closed bolt and aren't as loud or rough of a shot compared to a standard blowback.
Posted Image

#27 DudeinDump

DudeinDump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:57 AM

Voting for either the kaos or a tippmann. Really great guns. Get whatever you like best.

And disagreeing with hitman, don't buy used until you know the gun your buying. Used autocockers, mech ions, mags are older more complicated markers that will probably stop working for you eventually, Get something new.

#28 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

mechs and electros all have their own problems, dont think that just because it's mechanical it wont ever break, because it will break and have issues. get a cocker of the BST
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#29 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

mechs and electros all have their own problems, dont think that just because it's mechanical it wont ever break, because it will break and have issues. get a cocker of the BST

Less expensive things can break on a Mech than on an Electro (Typically).

Worse comes to worse on my tippmann, I'll probably need to shell out $50.00 bucks tops to get everything good and running again.

With some of the high end electros, blow a noid, you're down 100 bucks usually. Blow a noid on an OLD electro... well you're going to have a bad day. Ruin a board, well you get the idea.
Not saying its hard to break an electro, but if something does break, it's not going to be a fun ride to fixing it.

#30 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

And disagreeing with hitman, don't buy used until you know the gun your buying. Used autocockers, mech ions, mags are older more complicated markers that will probably stop working for you eventually, Get something new.

I don't think you can buy a new autococker :P I don't like b/s/t forums I usually buy used stuff at the field and test it all there.
Posted Image

#31 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

WGP Trilogy, if you can find one. I have been scourging the internet for one, as my friend wont sell his to me.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users