• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:28 PM

I am debating on buying a new marker and I am looking at the Dye/Proto Guns. Since the pm8 comes with the ultralite frame, HPR , LPR that are the same as the DM8 (according to what I see in the manuals). I do see that the DM comes with an on/off value and ultralite barrel, but i cant see any other functional difference. Can any body tell me what the real difference between the DM8 and the PM8 besides ultralite barrel, on/off value and different milling/ body design ........oh yeah and price?

#2 Z3R0

Z3R0

Spontaneous Hate Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

DM8 has more volume in the dump chamber allowing for a slightly lower operating pressure. This makes it a tad quieter and supposedly, lower kick.

Also, the stock DM feedneck has a lever, the PM feedneck doesn't, and the stock DM barrel is a 14" .688, the PM8 barrel is a 14" .690, and the Proto barrel has less porting than the DM barrel.

-Z3R0

sledgehammerbanner2.jpg
05 Cyborg, 06 Cyborg, PM8, Hybrid NXT, E-Mag

Classic/Pump/SC Mag, Brassterling, CCM 86'd SuperStocker, 2008 Grey Ghost, VM-68 EXC

#3 BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:12 PM

DM8 has more volume in the dump chamber allowing for a slightly lower operating pressure. This makes it a tad quieter and supposedly, lower kick.

Also, the stock DM feedneck has a lever, the PM feedneck doesn't, and the stock DM barrel is a 14" .688, the PM8 barrel is a 14" .690, and the Proto barrel has less porting than the DM barrel.

-Z3R0

Thanks.....I did not know about dump chamber ........you think it is $400 less of a kick....lol... .....I am not too concern with the barrel because i will be using an aftermarket barrel kit that i already own ..

Edited by BLACKOUT, 16 March 2009 - 05:19 PM.

#4 Z3R0

Z3R0

Spontaneous Hate Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

Definitely not $400 worth of less-kicking. The PM8 hardly has any as it is, if you tune it right.

-Z3R0

sledgehammerbanner2.jpg

Classic/Pump/SC Mag, Brassterling, CCM 86'd SuperStocker, 2008 Grey Ghost, VM-68 EXC

#5 BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

Definitely not $400 worth of less-kicking. The PM8 hardly has any as it is, if you tune it right.

-Z3R0

Thats what i figured.....i have a pm7 now and it shoots great.........i just would like to get the ultralite frame, and ind stead of spending $200 on that...i figure i would rather up grade the gun for only a few bucks more too get it......, plus the 08 comes with the hyper 3, which is nice....thanks for the info

#6 blkvicePU

blkvicePU

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

-Z3R0

Thats what i figured.....i have a pm7 now and it shoots great.........i just would like to get the ultralite frame, and ind stead of spending $200 on that...i figure i would rather up grade the gun for only a few bucks more too get it......, plus the 08 comes with the hyper 3, which is nice....thanks for the info

....why waste your money? a PM7 is a fine gun, unless your gonna play D2 or higher you have a well suited gun
Black/Gold MacDev Cyborg RX & Black Bob Long Vice (back up)
Prophecy
Crossfire 45/45
Purdue Xball 2009 Class A Xball NCPA National Champions
NTK

Indianapolis Mutiny

#7 Z3R0

Z3R0

Spontaneous Hate Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:29 PM

Yea, that's not much of an upgrade... pretty much the same thing. But if you want the UL frame that badly then go for it I suppose...

-Z3R0

sledgehammerbanner2.jpg

#8 BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

-Z3R0

....why waste your money? a PM7 is a fine gun, unless your gonna play D2 or higher you have a well suited gun

I want to get the ultrlite board for several difference reasons ,so here is what i figure .....cost of the the ultralite frame is around $200.......i can sell my pm7 for 250-300..........the pm8 (which comes with the u/l frame & hyper3)are around 500.....so instead of paying 200 for the just the frame ...i can sell my gun and get put the same amount $ and get an all around updated marker

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users