• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

So I put this in equipment advice but then I remembered we have a pump world and that isn't getting to many answers so here

I'm thinking of getting an empire tracer to dick around every now and then. How is it as a marker? Not compared to other pumps I'm sure there are better ones. I mean will it break every other day? Is it efficient? Is it hard to pump? Etc. etc. etc.
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#2 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

it's not that great. Feels very plasticy and has a shit pump stroke. Look into a used trilly.

#3 MrSuperScottish

MrSuperScottish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

You can't beat the Trracer in terms of simplicity and durability. My only dislike was the back-bottle design. But if it's more like a mess-around/back-up marker, you can't go wrong.

And yes, it is efficient.

Edited by MrSuperScottish, 20 August 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#4 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

You can't beat the Trracer in terms of simplicity and durability. My only dislike was the back-bottle design. But if it's more like a mess-around/back-up marker, you can't go wrong.

And yes, it is efficient.

It seems really inconsistent in that vid. Would using hpa help? I plan on using a boobie tank through the back
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#5 plan_b

plan_b

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

i like the trracer. it works really well overall.

check out this post, i listed my pros and cons on another thread.

#6 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

How long does the bolt take to wear? Like I said this is only for S&Gs so at most I'll put a bag through every 2 months or so.

#7 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

I was really impressed with my Empire Trracer. For the money, it offers a lot of features you don't get with a base-level Phantom.
The 10-round springfeed kit is tricky to load, but a lot of fun to use.

The gun NEEDS a bottomline kit, but they're cheap enough if you know where to look: http://www.ansgear.c...tomlinekit8.htm

I don't get why people bitch about the pump stroke. It's not "hard" to pump at all.
Not that there's anything wrong with CCM guns, but it seems like CCM fanboys are always trying to find something about cheaper guns to bitch about.

I've heard about the bolt-wear problem, but I never ran into that issue with my gun.
Of course, I was mainly using my Trracer with the 10-round springfeed, so I probably didn't put as many rounds through it as some people.
There is some guy making replacement stainless steel bolts, but honestly I'd just contact Empire if you ever had a problem. They'd probably replace it for free.

#8 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

I was really impressed with my Empire Trracer. For the money, it offers a lot of features you don't get with a base-level Phantom.
The 10-round springfeed kit is tricky to load, but a lot of fun to use.

The gun NEEDS a bottomline kit, but they're cheap enough if you know where to look: http://www.ansgear.c...tomlinekit8.htm

I don't get why people bitch about the pump stroke. It's not "hard" to pump at all.
Not that there's anything wrong with CCM guns, but it seems like CCM fanboys are always trying to find something about cheaper guns to bitch about.

I've heard about the bolt-wear problem, but I never ran into that issue with my gun.
Of course, I was mainly using my Trracer with the 10-round springfeed, so I probably didn't put as many rounds through it as some people.
There is some guy making replacement stainless steel bolts, but honestly I'd just contact Empire if you ever had a problem. They'd probably replace it for free.

Everybody says empire will replace the bolt and I'm not to worried about it honestly. Why does it need a bottomline asa?

#9 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

For most people, backbottle tank setups are very awkward.
A bottomline setup makes the Trracer handle like a "normal" gun, especially if you plan on aiming it without taking off your mask.

#10 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

For most people, backbottle tank setups are very awkward.
A bottomline setup makes the Trracer handle like a "normal" gun, especially if you plan on aiming it without taking off your mask.

Okay. I'm probably not gonna bother with that.
Can someone please clarify whether you need to degass it to adjust the velocity or not? Or make a video or show me somewhere where it specifically states that

#11 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

No, you don't need to degas it to adjust the velocity.
Where did you read that?

#12 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

No, you don't need to degas it to adjust the velocity.
Where did you read that?

Another thread about the tracer.

And is there any decent playing footage? All I've found was a 13 year old in a scenario and a guy doing 1v1 in the woods

Edited by woodsballer414, 20 August 2012 - 10:15 PM.

#13 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

#14 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

#15 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

Thanks

#16 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Yo! Question.

I put a 10 round tube feeder on my Trracer and let my friend use it for the first time yesterday. He said the balls were popping out from the feed hole after he fired a round. Is there suppose to be a cap that closes that chamber off?
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users