#2 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

TiPX all the way. :D

I'm not saying that cause i'm a fanboy.(in relation to a T8.1) Mags are cheap, using remote line and CO2 is easier, it is smaller, more/better holsters,

I have talked to people who have owned /used bother and almost all of them like the TiPX more.

Posted Image

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

I love my T8.1, but that is just me.

#4 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

I've had an sa17, t8.1, and 2 tpxs. Personally, the tpx is the best, the mags are cheap, and running constant air makes it alot better. My only gripe is changing co2s, it is kind of a bitch at times when the cap doesn't like to come off.

If you are running constant air with a remote line, go tpx, if you want fsr and run with 12ies, go with the t8.1

#5 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

and now you can get a First Strike mod for the Tipx

Posted Image

#6 sir farts a lot

sir farts a lot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

for the tpx first strike kit can you still use regluar paintballs

#7 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

yep

Posted Image

#8 nitsua

nitsua

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

Me and two of my friends bought T8.1's together. We had the opportunity to use TiPX's at my local field and to be honest I like the feel of the T8.1 better. While the TiPX mags are significantly cheaper I, again, found them to be a little less solid then I'd like. And I always ran my pistol with 12ies because as far as I was concerned it was my "stock class" gun. That being said I did sell my pistol to buy a pump to go true stock/open class. And my friend traded his to a fellow here on the forums because, well, he likes trading guns and wanted to do a pump/autococker project with me. But that last friend one still has his and still loves it.

Technically the TiPX is more convenient, but hey they both work great the T8.1 just cost more for mags!
TechPB || MCB

#9 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

I have shot a T8, a T9, a T8.1, a SA-17 and a TiPX. I love my TiPX (hence why I traded for one), and it kicks ass to play wit hit. Irecently got into mag fed, but I am also a cheap bastard, so I like not having to pay 30-35 for Tib mags. When I get a second TiPX, I am going to get it with a GunHead Mod so I can shoot FS's out of it, and keep one norml.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

Why get the TPX?

GET THE TiPX

#11 sir farts a lot

sir farts a lot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

whats the difrence between the tpx and the tpix

#12 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

The Tipx is just the new version of the TPX only difference is that the remote line kit is easier to install and the barrell has traction grooves and the mags on the TIPX have 7 balls not 8

Edited by REDCOBRA, 20 August 2012 - 11:37 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Pirate

Pirate

I'm in it for the booty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:25 AM

I'll forever go with Tiberius. Yeah, kind of a fanboy. I have 2 T8's, and I love them.
Only reason is, my friend and I were doing a 1v1 Pistol match. We both pop off a couple clips.
Then, he runs out of CO2 and paint at the same time. Same time I ran out of paint. He has to stop, reload the clip and then the CO2.

I dropped one mag, started running, reloaded the mag on the run, then bunkered him.

I will say that the TiPX is a solid pistol. But that one thing sells the Tiberius for me. Granted, if you're only carrying 2 or 3 mags for the pistol, it's null. But I have 13 mags for my two Tib8's.
It REALLY depends on how you want to run it. As a "Primary", the Tib8 might suit you better. But for a side arm with only 2-3 extra clips, the TiPX will be lighter overall, and equally as good.

Headbangers Scenario Team
Proudly sponsored by
Hitman Gear | Pinokio Hoppers | Stiffi Barrels | ANS Gear
If the good die young, I'll fucking live forever

#14 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

Depends, there are upsides in both but as far as ergos the T8.1 wins, i don't care for the 86 degree frame on pistols, it seems...wierd. My opinion obviously.

T8.1 has metal magazines, a bolt out back, twist lock barrel, FS out of box, better reg, and C02 is in the mag.

TiPX has plastic mags, bolt in a clamshell, A5 barrel, regular paint only, and has co2 and paint seperate.

For me, the TiPX wins if you are dual wielding them because you can run 6 mags and 2 co2's.

However for a single pistol T8.1 is better because of pointability, I would much rather have the T8.1 (because I do :) )

#15 NotaSniper

NotaSniper

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

After owning a T9 I will never own another TA gun. Ever. I had so many issues out of the box. When they finally got it working I pitched it on eBay. A lot of people seem to like the new 8.1 but I'm going TPX for this winter.

#16 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

I enjoy the Glock 18 but you cant go wrong with a 1911... Posted Image

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#17 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

1911 is where it's at...

Anyways, between the two (not going to count the SA-17 since it's more or less a mini spyder w/ tube feed), I personally would prefer the TiPX.

#18 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

I have never owned a T8.1 only the TiPX, but since the CO2 is in the mag on the T8.1 don't you lose a 12g ever time you reload? That seems a major pain since you can get like 30 shots off each 12g
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#19 pbcanada eh

pbcanada eh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

No the co2 stays pressurized in the valve in the mag

#20 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

The tpx has several advantages over the 8.1.remote line capability,cheap mags,saves on 12gs if you do use them,and many others.overall the TPX is a mostly better pistol.

#21 nitsua

nitsua

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

I have never owned a T8.1 only the TiPX, but since the CO2 is in the mag on the T8.1 don't you lose a 12g ever time you reload? That seems a major pain since you can get like 30 shots off each 12g

You can use the mag 3-4 times before the co2 runs out. So in some ways it's more convenient. You're less likely to be caught with your pants down if your co2 runs out since it generally happens in step with the paint and all you have to do is switch the clip. That being said you can have issues keeping track of how many times you've used a magazine with the same cartridge (I used to mark the cartridge them with a dot from a sharpie after each game).

And to everyone saying the TiPX has remote line capability, so does the T8.1. Darkstar Paintball sells an adapter kit that lets the T8.1 run air out the back like a TiPX.
Edit: They did, apparently they're out of stock. My buddy just got one a couple of weeks ago I'll have to ask where he got it.

Edited by nitsua, 21 August 2012 - 11:08 PM.

TechPB || MCB

#22 Pirate

Pirate

I'm in it for the booty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

Please, 18's are for ghetto hood thugs that can't aim. Automatic pistols are for room clearing at best.
My Springfield XDm however, is the easiest, most natural shooting pistol I know (including a Glock 17, 32 (I believe that's the Sub-Compact 9mm model), and Beretta M92.

That being said, my boss has a S&W .500, and I can put my first shot on target up to 100 yards. And with that gun, that's all I need haha

Headbangers Scenario Team
Proudly sponsored by
Hitman Gear | Pinokio Hoppers | Stiffi Barrels | ANS Gear
If the good die young, I'll fucking live forever

#23 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

So you'd have to load up, say, three mags and 3 12g and if you use 2 mags then you have to reload those mags or waste the 12gs.
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#24 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

So you'd have to load up, say, three mags and 3 12g and if you use 2 mags then you have to reload those mags or waste the 12gs.

Basically, yeah, but if you're going to be playing more than a game or two you'd be changing out those cartridges anyway.
The advantage is that when you switch to a new magazine you're also switching to a new, and hopefully fresh gas source.

Also, you might loose a shot or two worth of gas when disconnecting the mag, but it's not much.

#25 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

It comes down , imo, in how you plan to use the pistol. As a last resort, hold em off, get out of there marker, TPX would do nicely.
If you plan on just rocking a pistol, then the 8.1 might be the better choice.

#26 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

Please, 18's are for ghetto hood thugs that can't aim. Automatic pistols are for room clearing at best.
My Springfield XDm however, is the easiest, most natural shooting pistol I know (including a Glock 17, 32 (I believe that's the Sub-Compact 9mm model), and Beretta M92.

That being said, my boss has a S&W .500, and I can put my first shot on target up to 100 yards. And with that gun, that's all I need haha

The XD's frame is based off of the Glock style, and all their internals are almost exactly al ike, save the external safety as compared to the Glock's pressure trigger.

I <3 my Glock 22C (Compensated version), and it's little brothers the 23 and the 27. I want to get a wheel gun for days when I don't want to wear my concealment jacket though, easier to hide. Thinking about a Ruger SP101.

#27 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

The XD's frame is based off of the Glock style, and all their internals are almost exactly al ike, save the external safety as compared to the Glock's pressure trigger.

I <3 my Glock 22C (Compensated version), and it's little brothers the 23 and the 27. I want to get a wheel gun for days when I don't want to wear my concealment jacket though, easier to hide. Thinking about a Ruger SP101.

Glocks trigger pull is heavy as shit. Beretta PX4 storm all the way ;)

#28 Overlord

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

JT splatmaster

#29 EnforcePaintball

EnforcePaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

TiPX for sure, the other pistol in it price range (the T8.1) is Good as well but I like the co2 in the gun, not the mag

#30 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

TiPX for sure, the other pistol in it price range (the T8.1) is Good as well but I like the co2 in the gun, not the mag

That's why you get an air' through adapter

#31 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:27 AM

Thats why you get a Glock trigger kit. Glock standard trigger weight is 5.5 lbs, I have mine set at 3 pounds.

#32 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

Thats why you get a Glock trigger kit. Glock standard trigger weight is 5.5 lbs, I have mine set at 3 pounds.

Czech CZ82 is best

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#33 trigg3r happy

trigg3r happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

I enjoy my colt python 8 inch barrel, nickel plated, wood grips but my glock or my walther ppk also suffice.

on a side note I love agd sydarms

#34 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

i love colt pythons as well, my grandpa has a nickel plated 6 inch barrel with textured polymer grips

#35 trigg3r happy

trigg3r happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:21 AM

I have the same one as rick from the walking dead........
I like my revolvers

although im very fond of my ppk

#36 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

yep, on a side note paintball guns are pretty cool too (i know, kinda out of the blue but i thought it may be interesting to know)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users