• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LucasTechPB

LucasTechPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

I know this is old news, but I'm wondering, why in gods name is Dave Banes on a great team like Tampa Bay Damage? He's big and fat and doesn't really play well, so why? They've got Keith Brown, Justin Rabackoff.... Dave Banes???

#2 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

I know this is old news, but I'm wondering, why in gods name is Dave Banes on a great team like Tampa Bay Damage? He's big and fat and doesn't really play well, so why? They've got Keith Brown, Justin Rabackoff.... Dave Banes???

Dave Bains is one of the greatest fucking back players in the game. Yes he is on the big side, but you just mentioned two snake players, you can't have a team of just also snake players or you'll get raped. As for him not being good, he is ranked 41st overall in the psp. To put that in perspective, CEP and Aftershock's best players are ranked 54th and 55th and Ollie Lang is only 3 spots above him. Dave Bains is one of the players that I'd really like to go to a clinic run by him, because he is one of the best at what he does. I hate Tampa Bay Damage, yet Dave Bains is one badass mother fucker.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#3 Mr. Scott

Mr. Scott

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

He also brings (usually) one of the bounciest cheatingest guns to the tournaments.
Feedback +22/-0
Yes, the dude with the Ninja Turtles blanket.
Proud to have never sold on PBN

#4 LucasTechPB

LucasTechPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

He also brings (usually) one of the bounciest cheatingest guns to the tournaments.

lol ya my point exactly, I mean i don't want to say he's a terrible player, but among the guys from damage.. I dont know

#5 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

Because playing back dosent mean you need to be 5'7, 130 pounds and run a 9 second 100m in order to be good. David banes has so much experience, even though you call him fat hed probably beat you at every 1v1 youd ever play against him. Communication and team work and being able to shoot lanes in the right places and the right time is what David Banes does well.

#6 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

dave baines is the beast for a reason. gotta be kidding me

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#7 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

dave baines is the beast for a reason. gotta be kidding me

Unfortunately people never seem to understand the importance of back players in paintball.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#8 ReconDaddy

ReconDaddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

baines is straight nasty dude, i'm guessing you've never been to a pro tournament live because he rips paint all over the field. As far as west coast back players go he's hands down of the greats.
I fight for the flag that I love, the only thing that I trust.

#9 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

even if a back player is great you will hardly every hear their name on mvp or announcements. think of them as the linemen of paintball. most important, yet thankless

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#10 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:46 PM

Posted Image

#11 naterab

naterab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

Have you actually seen Dave Baines play? He's very similar to Mike Paxxon, he just knows how to lock down lanes and get kills off the break. Dave Baines is one of the major reasons Tampa Bay Damage has been so successful. Same thing the Mike Paxxon. They just dominate at what they do. They're smart paintball players with killer instincts.

Edited by naterab, 01 October 2012 - 12:09 PM.

Zephyr Paintball

For any and all paintball needs

#12 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

... Your an idiot. Dave Bain's is one of the best back players of all time. He's smart, and can manipulate the field like no other player I have ever seen. He knows the other teams moves before they make them. He's a paintball genius. And you are far from it.
#63 on the roster #1 in your heart!!

#13 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

even if a back player is great you will hardly every hear their name on mvp or announcements. think of them as the linemen of paintball. most important, yet thankless

you are so right! I played football for 10 years as an offensive linemen and no matter how many rushing yards or touchdowns our team got the line never got credit for making that possible. Its the same In paintball. You would never see front players making it to the 50 or snake off the break without the back players locking their lanes down. I like to think of Dave Baines as the Matt Light of paintball. (he was an amazing offensive linemen for the patriots that helped Tom Brady become the QB that he is. Just in case you didn't know lol)

Edited by BRUTE, 20 December 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#14 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

how would you even know that?? IV never seen him get pulled for a bouncy gun or cheating... Unless you are a reff or have played with him you wouldn't know that. Your coming up with stupid excuses to add to an already stupid statement.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users