10 replies to this topic

#1 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

Might be moving up there and I was wondering if they have some nice fields there for airball/speedball?

#2 Mech Cb

Mech Cb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

There's a paintball shop out near Temple somewhere that may have more info, but from what I've seen...paintball isn't a big deal out here for some reason.

#3 ReconDaddy

ReconDaddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

theres a small field in killeen, then blora has rec ball. for speedball you're looking at driving to waco or austin. theres one place called webers in nolanville its a shooting range and if you have enough people to play its great but if you show up just looking to walk on there's never anyone there. they have one airball field and thats it though.
I fight for the flag that I love, the only thing that I trust.

#4 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

Do they keep it nice? What about the tourny scene in that area?

#5 War0411

War0411

Moose!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

PowerPlay Paintball in Waco has an airball field, and we routinely hold practices on Sunday's. As far as tourneys around here, there isn't much that I know of except for Comanche Badlandz in Belton that recently held a Summer series of events.

Baylor University
PowerPlay Paintball

Posted Image

#6 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

That might be a problem.....So Badlandz and Webers in the area. Are they good fields that have decent refs and techs ownership etc.?

#7 ReconDaddy

ReconDaddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

webers doesn't even have refs. its primary purpose is a shooting range it just has a speedball field set up. its def not a great field more just someplace to play. closest tourny scene is in austin and obviously theres a lot going on there.

#8 ReconDaddy

ReconDaddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

I thought comanche badlandz had shut down is that not the case, and if not whats the address ?

#9 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

I went to it this summer when I visited family (that is why I am moving) and it was open. It was a terrible experience because they had just had a tourny but if I could find a group to role with if I do move it would be fun.

#10 War0411

War0411

Moose!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

That might be a problem.....So Badlandz and Webers in the area. Are they good fields that have decent refs and techs ownership etc.?

As biased as my opinion probably is on the subject (I work for PowerPlay and play on the factory team), PowerPlay has a tech that is certified to work on everything from Autococker's to Bob Long markers, the prices are cheaper than most everywhere else I've played (I'm from the Houston area, and in college at Baylor, so I have experience with that area/pricing), and we have a solid group of regulars despite being a smaller field.

Baylor University
PowerPlay Paintball

Posted Image

#11 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

That makes me sad though. I have heard great things about powerplay but the problem is, I would live about an hour away from Waco. So until I get my license and get a car, I wont be able to go there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users