31 replies to this topic

#1 bigschank

bigschank

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

Not too long ago the DYE NT 11 was 1550 bucks. Now ANS has them on sale for 899 or 999 with a rotor and 100 more for some of the more special colors. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this the second price drop on these markers? Usually when these types of high end markers go on close out, they sell quick. It looks like ANS has a TON of these still in stock. Why aren't the NT 11's selling? I thought these were top of the line markers last year?

#2 drunkenpriest

drunkenpriest

I relax 8 days a week.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

they were never top of the line, the only top of the line thing about them was the price. The reason why they never sold so well was how they shot. I personally shot one and it was kind of loud and kicky. Opposite of what its supposed to be especially at its price range. And i forgot about the reliability issues

Edited by drunkenpriest, 23 August 2012 - 04:13 PM.

Posted Image

#3 bigschank

bigschank

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

So pretty much, they were never good enough to justify the high price tag to begin with. I guess now we will see if 900 is fair for them....

#4 drunkenpriest

drunkenpriest

I relax 8 days a week.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

So pretty much, they were never good enough to justify the high price tag to begin with. I guess now we will see if 900 is fair for them....

not even 900, mavbe 500 or 600

Edited by drunkenpriest, 23 August 2012 - 04:12 PM.

Posted Image

#5 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

I know some owners had quite a few reliability issues with them. A local team here used to praise them like the second coming until they started whatever kind of paint they put through them.

#6 bigschank

bigschank

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

Let me ask this then, last season and the season before, the DYE sponsored teams all seemed to shoot NT's over DM's. I can understand DYE pushing the NT on their pro sponsored teams to try and increase the sales of them, but if they player thought the DM shot better than the NT and they had the choice, were they forced to shot the inferior NT marker instead of the proven DM?

#7 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Let me ask this then, last season and the season before, the DYE sponsored teams all seemed to shoot NT's over DM's. I can understand DYE pushing the NT on their pro sponsored teams to try and increase the sales of them, but if they player thought the DM shot better than the NT and they had the choice, were they forced to shot the inferior NT marker instead of the proven DM?

Question

Answer

#8 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

it flopped.

#9 drummie224

drummie224

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

i was wondering about that, they are really cheap on bst, nt11's for like 500 were makin me wonder what was up

#10 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

They shoot like shit, never work right, and break an ass ton of paint.

Or they work really great and never have issues. There extremely extremely hit or miss.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#11 owenator

owenator

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

some work amazingly, i shot one and it was the smoothest gun i ever shot too this day, then it started DEMOLISHING any kind of paint we put through it
SLIPPERY WEASEL

Wolfwood "but really, when you get older, one of the best things in life is a really good shit. Makes life worth living."

#12 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

There should be a new one coming out this year at cup, whether it will be good or not is yet to be determined.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#13 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,821 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

They were a type of gun that was 'best at nothing' so-to-speak.

The DM overshadowed it on smoothness, and in honesty - reliability as well. Any poppet was more efficent, and the NT was priced right up there, but the demand wasn't too great after the initial hype died out. Now you can find them in the BST for basically pennies.

#14 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

I really like them. When they work of course :P
If DYE makes a new one and it works right. It will be my favorite marker. If only they screens. I'm so lazy on changing modes.

#15 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

It's not necessarily that it flopped, it just didn't do well with the DM series line

I've spoken with representatives with Dye, and here is what happened-

Nothing shoots like a DM. It has the weight, and the smoothness to make it one of the smoothest shooting guns in paintball. The NT should have been marketed towards people who shot POPPETS, because the NT has a very fast bolt speed and it has a "pop" like a poppet. The problem was that people purchased the NT, thinking it was going to shoot like a DM, and it didn't.

It has a faster bolt speed than the DM, it's lighter than the DM, and has slightly more kick than the DM. So DM owners hated it. People who bought the NT, thinking it was going to shoot like the DM, were terribly dissapointed.

The NT is a great gun, I used one for almost a year. But it doesn't have the weight, soft shot and sound signature of the DM series.

The DM was built to shoot the most brittle paint in paintball, and was built to be the softest shooting gun in paintball.

The NT was built for speed, it was built for "semi auto" shooting. The DM was designed for PSP, the NT was designed more for the NPPL

Since the NT was pissing off their existing customers, they chose to shelf the NT for a while and just focus on the DM series.

The NT is a great gun, for players who are thinking about switching from a poppet. Poppet owners like the NT, but spool owners? Especially DM owners hated it. So instead of cannibalizing existing sales with two spools, Dye is putting the NT on the shelf for a little bit to focus on the DM line

#16 alex5947

alex5947

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

It's not necessarily that it flopped, it just didn't do well with the DM series line

I've spoken with representatives with Dye, and here is what happened-

Nothing shoots like a DM. It has the weight, and the smoothness to make it one of the smoothest shooting guns in paintball. The NT should have been marketed towards people who shot POPPETS, because the NT has a very fast bolt speed and it has a "pop" like a poppet. The problem was that people purchased the NT, thinking it was going to shoot like a DM, and it didn't.

It has a faster bolt speed than the DM, it's lighter than the DM, and has slightly more kick than the DM. So DM owners hated it. People who bought the NT, thinking it was going to shoot like the DM, were terribly dissapointed.

The NT is a great gun, I used one for almost a year. But it doesn't have the weight, soft shot and sound signature of the DM series.

The DM was built to shoot the most brittle paint in paintball, and was built to be the softest shooting gun in paintball.

The NT was built for speed, it was built for "semi auto" shooting. The DM was designed for PSP, the NT was designed more for the NPPL

Since the NT was pissing off their existing customers, they chose to shelf the NT for a while and just focus on the DM series.

The NT is a great gun, for players who are thinking about switching from a poppet. Poppet owners like the NT, but spool owners? Especially DM owners hated it. So instead of cannibalizing existing sales with two spools, Dye is putting the NT on the shelf for a little bit to focus on the DM line

lol... I can just see Billy Wing doing a video next year " Yea umm for the 2013 DM we have a bunch of new features, we added some new grip pads for comfort, we added some new color ways, and a new trigger"

The DM line hasn't changed since the DM6, I wonder if they will actually do something new this year.

Bob Long g6r Dust black/Gloss red, Empire Prophecy, GA 68/45 with ninja reg
feedback +9/0/0http://www.techpb.co...47&fromsearch=1

#17 drummie224

drummie224

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

i heard that once you got your NT into Billy Wings hands for a tech and tune it would shoot fantastic

#18 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

It's a piece of crap and they finally realized it.
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#19 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

lol... I can just see Billy Wing doing a video next year " Yea umm for the 2013 DM we have a bunch of new features, we added some new grip pads for comfort, we added some new color ways, and a new trigger"

The DM line hasn't changed since the DM6, I wonder if they will actually do something new this year.

Not trying to start 'this' argument again (you guys know the one...), but if I do... no shits are given!

Flow plug - taken care of
Eype pipe/detent system
ASA - sleeker, straight port
Regulator
Board
Feedneck (I've used a Prophecy, Rotor, and Revy with no issues)
Tool-less grips
Trigger - improved bearings/technology
Back cap/sleeve
Color-coded o-rings (no, it's not a performance feature, but it's still a nice touch since so many people whine about the different o-rings on the bolt)

The bolt system works, I still don't see why people complain about a proven bolt system. They aren't hard to work on, they have just as many o-rings as any other spool on the market, and it's not like they have issues chopping paint. They shoot great... what more do you want?

The Ego line's chopping "issue" was fixed with the Cure 1... the Cure 2, 3, and 4 were improvements to the existing Cure bolt, but they weren't serious changes in the technology, but you're all OK with accepting them as major improvments. The Zick 1 and 2 for the Ego line and the LP Poppet for the Vice/G6R make a difference in shot quality, sure, but the Intimidator style markers are poppets, the DM is not a poppet. The QEV/Plank system for the Ego line was changed/improved upon, but again, the Matrix system works. The Geo and Clone bolt systems have been modified/changed, but they had serious room to improve shot quality and chopping/leaking issues respectively.

I think the most valid argument anybody has against the DM line is the yearly release, but honestly, how many of you buy a NEW marker every year? Sure, it cuts down the price in the used market, but again, how many of you buy new markers every year, and how many of you whore around used markers?

The DM line is already done right. Make sure you've lubed the bolt sail and tail o-rings, set your dwell somewhere between 17 and 21 ms, back your LPR out two turns, and then back out the LPR some more until you get the consistency you desire. Done.

All Bob Long markers require frequent checks with a pressure tester. The Luxe can be a nightmare if you don't know what you're doing. Older Egos have QEV's to mess with. The Ego 11 still shoots like a poppet. Geo 2's don't shoot as nice as the DM line. The NT can be all kinds of trouble. Tell me again why X, Y, and Z markers are perfect and the DM is garbage. The point is, you're never going to satisfy everybody, and EVERY marker has it's own flaws, has features that are undesirable to some people, or is lacking features that are desirable to some people.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#20 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

Erg just basically said it...
Posted ImagePosted Image

I didn't like my dm12 because it just didn't feel right in my hands and i need an oled board :P

#21 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

I just wish they would get rid of eye pipes. Fucking hate those things. I thought they would be really cool but now being a reflex owner for about 2 years i have come to hate them. Regular eyes and eye covers are just easier in the long run.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#22 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

The NT was bad and Dye should feel bad.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#23 alex5947

alex5947

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

Not trying to start 'this' argument again (you guys know the one...), but if I do... no shits are given!

Eype pipe/detent system
Regulator
Board
Tool-less grips
Back cap/sleeve
Color-coded o-rings (no, it's not a performance feature, but it's still a nice touch since so many people whine about the different o-rings on the bolt)

The bolt system works, I still don't see why people complain about a proven bolt system. They aren't hard to work on, they have just as many o-rings as any other spool on the market, and it's not like they have issues chopping paint. They shoot great... what more do you want?

The Ego line's chopping "issue" was fixed with the Cure 1... the Cure 2, 3, and 4 were improvements to the existing Cure bolt, but they weren't serious changes in the technology, but you're all OK with accepting them as major improvments. The Zick 1 and 2 for the Ego line and the LP Poppet for the Vice/G6R make a difference in shot quality, sure, but the Intimidator style markers are poppets, the DM is not a poppet. The QEV/Plank system for the Ego line was changed/improved upon, but again, the Matrix system works. The Geo and Clone bolt systems have been modified/changed, but they had serious room to improve shot quality and chopping/leaking issues respectively.

I think the most valid argument anybody has against the DM line is the yearly release, but honestly, how many of you buy a NEW marker every year? Sure, it cuts down the price in the used market, but again, how many of you buy new markers every year, and how many of you whore around used markers?

The DM line is already done right. Make sure you've lubed the bolt sail and tail o-rings, set your dwell somewhere between 17 and 21 ms, back your LPR out two turns, and then back out the LPR some more until you get the consistency you desire. Done.

All Bob Long markers require frequent checks with a pressure tester. The Luxe can be a nightmare if you don't know what you're doing. Older Egos have QEV's to mess with. The Ego 11 still shoots like a poppet. Geo 2's don't shoot as nice as the DM line. The NT can be all kinds of trouble. Tell me again why X, Y, and Z markers are perfect and the DM is garbage. The point is, you're never going to satisfy everybody, and EVERY marker has it's own flaws, has features that are undesirable to some people, or is lacking features that are desirable to some people.

Flow plug- ill give Dye that. I don't know what they were thinking with the asa in front haha

Eye pipe- honestly I dont think they are that great. They are easy to crack, and if they break you are shit out of luck until you get a new one. I liked the style they had in the dm6 better.

Asa- the new asa is pretty cool

Reg- I never noticed any major performance increases

Board- still shoots 12.5

Feedneck- the newer style dm feednecks are ok

Trigger- I have never liked dye triggers, ever

Tool less grips and back caps are always nice to have.

Everything dye has done is what I consider to be minor changes.

I should have said that there have been no major improvemts to the dm line. Look at the ego line, there have been major performance updates and you can tell when you shoot them. Shit Dye could even do their own version of the top hat mod. Just do something different!

How long have they been using the fuse bolt in their markers? They could at least make little changes to make the marker more efficient.

Hell I'd even be ok with Dye moving to the lpr to the front, and cutting down the height of the marker. That's is honestly the least appealing thing about the DM line in my opinion.

Edited by alex5947, 24 August 2012 - 05:08 AM.

#24 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

Eype pipe/detent system
Regulator
Board
Tool-less grips
Back cap/sleeve

That's just flat out not true. Every time you take them apart. Prolly every 10 to 20 cases. Depending on if you go buy Bob Long's maintnence schedule or just every x amount of cases.

#25 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

The only problem with DMs and PMs is that when they started becoming affordable as used markers people with no idea how to maintain them started to buy them up. That's when all the whining started about poor air effiency and reliability.

When people pay big money for a corvette they don't whine about fuel economy nor change the oil in their driveway with whatever is cheap. So it's no surprise when a kid moves from a 98c to a used DM6 that he'll have problems if he treats a DM like a Tippmann.

#26 AndrewH

AndrewH

3L1Te M3Mb3|2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

I personally think the NT is a very sexy gun.

#27 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Hell I'd even be ok with Dye moving to the lpr to the front, and cutting down the height of the marker. That's is honestly the least appealing thing about the DM line in my opinion.

PM8.

#28 alex5947

alex5947

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

PM8.

That's why I said that, haha.

Dm6 and pm8 best guns dye has ever made.

#29 heylookitskarl

heylookitskarl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

I got an NT and I gotta say that the quality just isn't there

#30 TheTorontoRevelations

TheTorontoRevelations

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Well The Dye Dm12 is the only main dye gun that is going to be keep upgrading. The lowered the price of the Dye nt11 because of the dm12. The nt11 is basically ended production. They are going to be focusing on the dm12 or the dm13 if it comes out :P

#31 bigschank

bigschank

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

PM8.

That's why I said that, haha.

Dm6 and pm8 best guns dye has ever made.

Why not the PM7? I love mine and with the techt bolt, hmmm, super soft and quiet.

#32 K1NGofTH3farW3ST

K1NGofTH3farW3ST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

I would like the nt(if dye brings it back later, which i hope they do) to bridge the gap between the mid and high end Posted Image

Edited by K1NGofTH3farW3ST, 26 August 2012 - 11:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users