23 replies to this topic

#1 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

Lance Armstrong has said that he's going to stop fighting the investigation into his 7 Tour de France wins, and everyone is saying that the USADA is going to strip his titles. Does the USADA really have the power to do that?

#2 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,821 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

Dude's still a fucking hero. :tup:

#3 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

What happened

?

#4 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

Lance is one of the very few people that I would go out of the way to meet
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#5 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:38 AM

the have been attacking him for years over his wins due tot he fact that they claim he was doping.... by doping i mean he was taking certain drugs, like EPO that raise a persons red blood cell count... by raising the RBC count you supercharge your body by allowing it to carry more O2 to the cells, more o2 means more energy, more stamina, more endurance, more speed, and faster recovery times...

there is also the issue of blood packing... take out a quart of blood, or a pint, all depends... let your body replenish itself, then the night before the rade, you put the blood back in via IV... no drugs needed, no drugs to be tested for... still illegal to do...

here are the facts though, EPO is a common drug used in cancer patients on chemo... as chemo tends to destroy healthy cells and bone marrow as well...

one of lance's good friends was a european doctor who has been linked to many doping cases in professional cycling...

so, the fact that lance will already test positive for all kinds of drugs due to his cancer, and that he is friends with a known doping doctor... its all very suspicious...

it would be very easy for him to dope and get away with it... but i would like to think its easier then that, and the guy won 7 tour de frances on pure talent and will power alone... but who knows, maybe he is just like every other cyclist out there that dopes....
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#6 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

http://lancearmstron...-august-23-2012

It's all Politics, happens in every sport. I fell sorry for Lance having to go through this and make his decision.

He is still the man.

#7 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,917 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

Apparently they're saying that since Lance doesn't want to fight them, then the charges are at least partially true, which means they can slap a guilty verdict on him. And from what I've been reading, apparently the USADA might be able to strip him of his titles if they have the backing of other international bodies. I think the IOC is getting in on this, along with the international body that governs all cycling. We'll just have to see how this plays out.

#8 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,999 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

Whatever. He had fucking cancer, beat it, and still won those races. That's what I take away from this all.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#9 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

the UCI has been out to get him since his first tour.... the only thing new about all this, is that his own country is now trying to strip him of the titles that he earned.... back when he was winning the Tour, 'Merica backed him like he was a hero... guess that does to show we dont support our own when they start to lose....
Mossberg 500 ZMB

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#10 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,821 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

the UCI has been out to get him since his first tour.... the only thing new about all this, is that his own country is now trying to strip him of the titles that he earned.... back when he was winning the Tour, 'Merica backed him like he was a hero... guess that does to show we dont support our own when they start to lose....

Come to think of it, I can think of plenty of other examples of this.

/notbeingasmartassatall...

#11 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

Come to think of it, I can think of plenty of other examples of this.

/notbeingasmartassatall...

thats the american way... we only support other americans if we are winning... that goes for wars, sports, court cases... wrestling... boxing... you name it... if your favorite team is losing, you abandon them for a winning team, in most cases... if the war america is involved in isnt going well, and it once was... then we loose public support... same with this... america may be a country full of badasses, but on the whole, america has no back bone...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#12 Distortion_UK

Distortion_UK

Darkest London

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

I so desperately want to believe that lance is innocent, they guy was my idol growing up, but the more you really look into it the more suspicious is becomes, like he had an inconclusive test and a week later 2 very large sums of money were transferred from his company to the drugs testing facility.

I've always wanted to believe he is innocent. But ask anyone who's really into cycling and you'll more than likely hear he is a guilty as hell. Ferrari is a well known doctor who helped quite a few people dope.

As far as the USADA having the power to strip his titles, no they don't, they can only put pressure on the guvorning body to remove them. And the cycling governing body fully supported lance.

IMO. Very big waste of your tax.

Even if he is guilty I hope no one ever finds out.

Edited by Distortion_UK, 24 August 2012 - 05:37 PM.

Posted Image

Complete Guide To Paintball Health- http://www.techpb.co...0

How to Play Snake- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=104279

#13 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

I so desperately want to believe that lance is innocent, they guy was my idol growing up, but the more you really look into it the more suspicious is becomes, like he had an inconclusive test and a week later 2 very large sums of money were transferred from his company to the drugs testing facility.

I've always wanted to believe he is innocent. But ask anyone who's really into cycling and you'll more than likely hear he is a guilty as hell. Ferrari is a well known doctor who helped quite a few people dope.

As far as the USADA having the power to strip his titles, no they don't, they can only put pressure on the guvorning body to remove them. And the cycling governing body fully supported lance.

IMO. Very big waste of your tax.

Even if he is guilty I hope no one ever finds out.

I hope he is innocent the only Tour I missed was the '98 Tour IF he did dope then I dont know what to say to that
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#14 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

He's an american hero and it'd be a real bummer if he had been cheating the whole time.

#15 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

Whatever. He had fucking cancer, beat it, and still won those races. That's what I take away from this all.

Thats my thing who cares if he was doped as a mother fucker the man had cancer? Obviously these people have never been to a caner ward or else they would shut the hell up and give him another medal...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#16 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

Thats my thing who cares if he was doped as a mother fucker the man had cancer? Obviously these people have never been to a caner ward or else they would shut the hell up and give him another medal...

My aunt had cancer like 5 years ago and she's still having trouble just keeping a healthy weight. People don't understand how bad it is
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#17 spqr-king

spqr-king

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

My aunt had cancer like 5 years ago and she's still having trouble just keeping a healthy weight. People don't understand how bad it is

Exactly my cousin had it and visiting him was some of the most heartbreaking shit ive ever had to do...

#18 Distortion_UK

Distortion_UK

Darkest London

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

Beating cancer is one thing, but it doesn't entitle someone to then take performance enhancing drugs in order to win. I don't know if he did, and I hope he didn't.

I know people who have cancer and I've had friends who I've lost to cancer, just because you have cancer doesn't mean your above the law, if someone steals......oh but he has cancer. No, not gonna work, rules are rules.

Yes he beat the odds, I admire him so much and have read all his books and it realy is an inspiring story.

But if he took performance enhancing drugs in order to win he should rightly be stripped of his titles.

I feel the USADA is on a witch hunt but they have to look at this with out bias and forget who he is, who he has inspired and what he has overcome. You can't have one rule for one person and one for the rest.

Edited by Distortion_UK, 25 August 2012 - 12:55 PM.

Posted Image

#19 spqr-king

spqr-king

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

Beating cancer is one thing, but it doesn't entitle someone to then take performance enhancing drugs in order to win. I don't know if he did, and I hope he didn't.

I know people who have cancer and I've had friends who I've lost to cancer, just because you have cancer doesn't mean your above the law, if someone steals......oh but he has cancer. No, not gonna work, rules are rules.

Yes he beat the odds, I admire him so much and have read all his books and it realy is an inspiring story.

But if he took performance enhancing drugs in order to win he should rightly be stripped of his titles.

I feel the USADA is on a witch hunt but they have to look at this with out bias and forget who he is, who he has inspired and what he has overcome. You can't have one rule for one person and one for the rest.

DIDNT WE GET INTO IT ABOUT WIPING!!! LMFAO Posted Image

Cheating is cheating is cheating. Posted Image

I honestly dont know. Would the drugs fighting his cancer count as "performance enhancing" I mean what do they expect him to not get treatment? Plus I know I dont know half the shit thats in things I get from my doctor... In that case its kind of like the blade runner guy in that he has a deformity or disease that gives him no advantage or disadvantage but is so outside the realm of what they normally deal with so its a huge deal...

#20 Distortion_UK

Distortion_UK

Darkest London

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

DIDNT WE GET INTO IT ABOUT WIPING!!! LMFAO Posted Image

Cheating is cheating is cheating. Posted Image

I honestly dont know. Would the drugs fighting his cancer count as "performance enhancing" I mean what do they expect him to not get treatment? Plus I know I dont know half the shit thats in things I get from my doctor... In that case its kind of like the blade runner guy in that he has a deformity or disease that gives him no advantage or disadvantage but is so outside the realm of what they normally deal with so its a huge deal...

He was on epo to help recover from cancer and that accounts for the traces in some early tests which were then deemed acceptable. It's the inconclusive tests from 2001 and 2009 that they're really looking at, USADA is claiming a lot with no apparent proof only testemonys from former team mates, if everything is as lance says it is he could go to the trial and breeze it because....they've got no concrete proof, their words against his. With hundreds of negative tests to back him up.

But why did he stop arguing? Did they have something certain on him that would destroy him and his reputation if he went to court? Or has he really just had enough? He's been badgered since 1999 that's 13 years of claims and accusations, you can see where he is coming from when he says he can't go n like this any longer. If he got proven innocent itd only comeback in 5 or so years time and start again. Maybe he's looked at it like that and thought fuck it, I'm never going to be innocent in the eyes of the USADA so why bother fighting them...

It's likely to be a story we will never truly know. If he ever admitted anything it'd destroy his legacy and foundation. He will never admit it/ be able to convince everyone he's innocent. And USADA will never stop until they get the answer that they want.

Edited by Distortion_UK, 26 August 2012 - 12:33 PM.

Posted Image

#21 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

And he's been fighting the charges since 1999. you know how much money in lawyer fees that had to be costing him? The statute of limitations on doping charges is 8 years, but can be extended "if a cover up is involved" Who's going to say "I doped exactly 8 years ago, so you can't do shit about it."

Plus, how can they say whether or not a cover up was involved if they don't have proof of his supposed doping?

#22 Distortion_UK

Distortion_UK

Darkest London

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

We don't know what the USAD has on Armstrong, for all we know they could have concrete evidence. They don't need to publicly say it, but if they say it to lance he isn't going to go to court, lose and then have his foundation lying in tatters. Maybe he's cut his loses to save his foundation?

No one knows and to be honest we probably won't. Never will lance admit something like that, not even on his death bed, it'd ruin a legacy he's built.
The USADA is always going to say he's a doper, some say it's a move to block him from entering politics. Which is plausible.

Edited by Distortion_UK, 28 August 2012 - 04:13 PM.

Posted Image

#23 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

I think it's pretty fucked up to keep attacking him many years after he competed

They had him, he was competing, they had every opportunity to test him in any way, shape or form they wanted to. They did, he came back clean...

Now, many years later, they are going to keep going after him?

Defending yourself, even against bogus charges, sucks your precious life, precious resources and hard-earned money from your pocket. He's done with the competitive racing, who gives a fuck what they say about him.

He was there, he submitted every test and they tested it in every conceivable way.

What is happening here, is a bunch of attention-whoring bureaucrats, who know that attacking Lance Armstrong puts THEM in the spotlight. They don't get the kind of response from going after other cyclists, so in order to stay "relevant", they go after this big kahuna.

It comes a time in a man's life, when it's time to move on to bigger and brighter things. As I've said many times to people after I've thrown in the towel and walked away - "Do what you gotta do yo.... just do what you gotta do...."

#24 Distortion_UK

Distortion_UK

Darkest London

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

It's not that black and white mike. While he did perform over 400 clean tests there were some which were deemed inconclusive, especially ones regarding epo, they kinda let it slide as it tied in with his cancer treatment. There were a few other alleged results that were dodgy from 2004 when he donated lots of money to a testing lab.

Regardless it shouldn't have taken this to do something about it. USADA was out of their jurisdiction and had no right to press these charges even the uci confirms that.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users