• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 heylookitskarl

heylookitskarl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

So before I get into whats wrong with the gun I wanted to let you know that I bought it from a Proshop in Texas and the guy said it worked "perfectly fine"

Attached File  DYE NT.jpg   42.73KB   11 downloads

I got the gun as a christmas present for myself and one noticeably warm day I decided to take it for a spin. It worked great for the first few games. Afterwords however, I would pull the trigger and no ball would come out, so I pulled it again and the same story. After calling myself out of the game I took the barrel off only to find 2 balls stuck in the barrel back. Being a proud Tippmann owner I had no idea what was going on in the gun so I took it to the gun tech at the field and he told me that its probably too cold for the gun and the bolt was expanding faster than the body of the gun and needs to be warmed up. Sounded like a good reason because I heard the gun was so fragile.

So I took the gun out paintballing again yesterday and worked flawlessly for the first 5 hoppers then it would barely push the ball out of the barrel. I took it to the gun tech at the field and after firing it for a little bit (with no paintballs) and after pulling the trigger a third time the bolt did not move. This made him believe that the battery was out of juice. He replaced the battery and to no success he took apart the regulator, saying everything looks fine in it (being there was no debris caught in it) he took apart the bolt itself. He noticed that the bumper looked a little tattered and said that the problem may be lying in that.

Would the bumper really cause the gun to not recharge itself with air?
I want to hear what you guys think before I go off buying new parts or sending the gun out
Please help and thanks in advance :D

#2 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

Im not 100% sure but it sounds something similar to bolt stick in the DMs. I dont have very much experience with the NTs but im assuming that since its a spool, its somewhat similar. Call Dye on monday and explain your problems to them. For now I would try a full oring rebuild on the fireing assembly, relubing, and upping your dwell and taking out all the spacers until it shoots.

Edited by 510waffles, 25 August 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#3 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

For now I would try a full oring rebuild on the fireing assembly, relubing, and upping your dwell and taking out all the spacers until it shoots.

Yup. When was the last time you lubed it? DId the tech lube it?

#4 AndrewH

AndrewH

3L1Te M3Mb3|2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

I kinda had the same problem with my 2010 PMR, I took it to a ref and he walked the trigger until the gun shot. It was a little bit of bolt stick.<br>

#5 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

NTs bolt design is slightly different from the basic spool in DM and PMRs

#6 heylookitskarl

heylookitskarl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

For now I would try a full oring rebuild on the fireing assembly, relubing, and upping your dwell and taking out all the spacers until it shoots.

Yup. When was the last time you lubed it? DId the tech lube it?

Nah I lubed it the night before after hearing about how the NTs were greese whores lol
I knew I lubed it right because the Tech said that he was amazed by how well I lubed it being a tippmann owner :D

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say

Thanks for your input people

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users