• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

Welcome to the official Murica collective. Basically its the citrus connection for America. It will be a nation wide group of hard core paintball players that are proud to represent the sport. It will be split up in to 4 divisions.
Division 1- Pacific Coast
Division 2- Midwest
Division 3- South
Division 4- North East

How to be enter:
Send me a PM so I can add you. Do this so I don't get confused in the comments below.

Members:
Division 1: Panda's Revenge
Division 2: dangersnake,Chicago Paintballer, Stewie1897
Division 3:
Division 4:

Edited by epic woodsballer, 27 August 2012 - 05:15 PM.

Ohio Raiders 

#2 SublimeDPG4

SublimeDPG4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

I wan't in. I love you.

#3 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

I've been on here...2010...2011...now 2012...
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#4 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

How bout I get king of the midwest.

K? K.

#5 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Who gave you the right to be the governing body? Are there going to be events we go to? And dibs on leader of Division 1

#6 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

I would join but I would only be able to go to like 2 maybe 3 scenarios at most
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#7 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

I registered in 09? I can't remember. It's been too long. :P

From the South. Texas. So that's Division 3?

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#8 stewie1897

stewie1897

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

I would like to join. I would be in the midwest division I guess so division 2.

stewietechpb.png

#9 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

I'm in on this, just for shits and grins, if ya'll have me.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#10 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Over 1000 posts for me which means I'm so awesome I have to be let in!

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#11 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

While I agree that we should have one Single "leader" so that it's not mass chaos, I have to ask that it would be some "elected" leader? No offense to you or anything...
Hoping my Join date just auto lets me in without needing to PM....

Edited by Dragon1291, 25 August 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#12 marco 831

marco 831

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

Yup I'm in, but we have to elect leaders, not just you no offense

#13 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

This seems more like a techpb exclusive kind of thing. And don't you all think maybe somebody that has been here longer should be leader? Since it does seem more like American techpb'ers collecive?

#14 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

Ya ill do it but I can only do a few scenarios, Division 2
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#15 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,954 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

kind of an unoriginal idea. And I fail to see any proof of why you are qualified to be the "deciding" factor on who joins. Posts and join date get auto join? Sounds like you're recruiting for the couch brigade of people who play e-paintball.

Not to flame too hard but Citrus is not something that can be easily replicated. I would skype with Orange on just about a daily basis when he was forming it and a lot more work was put in than just "I want a team so that's what's going to happen". I have mad respect for the team.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#16 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

^ that

#17 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

Please, don't take this the wrong way but...

Auto ways to join:
Hae more than 10,000 posts
which is 20 times your post count...
or be a member for 3 years or more.
which is 3 years or more than you have been a member

If you want to enforce rules based on arbitrary numbers, shouldn't you be able to meet the same requirements?

I hate being the guy to piss on rainbows, but:

• If you want a "group of hard core paintball players that are proud to represent the sport", then why limit your numbers?
  • Do you not want Canadians or people from other countries to join?
  • We don't make exclusions based on post count or join dates (as much as some of you thing we do in the Mod App section :rolleyes:), neither determines the the skill level, personality, commitment, or work ethic of a forum user. Using those as standards for acceptance doesn't make much sense.
  • Citrus Connection isn't an exclusively Canadian team... There are Americans and even an Australian on the team. The team just happens to be based out of Canada. If you live far north enough in the US (or are OK with spending a lot on travel) and you have the skill to play with Citrus Connection, consistently show up to practices and events with them, and you're a respectful/trustworthy person, they aren't going to turn you away just because you're an American (I'm not guaranteeing that anybody can join Citrus Connection, don't mix my words people).
  • Citrus Connection is endorsed by TechPB and has earned their sponsorship. IF you can rally enough people to show up at events, get a jersey, or whatever else, please know you're not allowed to have the TechPB logo on anything without permission from Mike/Willie.
  • TechPB is based out of the United States... You guys can all represent TechPB with any TechPB jersey.

I'm not trying to bring anybody down, I'm just giving all of you who jumped into this some points to ponder.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#18 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

Yeah I see you guys for some reason just don't like me or something and I am not qualified to be a leader. I beg to differ I think I can do it but it seems as if im being over thrown here. If have learned from my mistakes and this shall no longer be an exclusive clan. Everyone can join as long as they can go to scenarios. And if not we won't disclose you. I feel that this should be more of just a hang out at scenarios and unite more paintball players together. How ever it will be I just want to make it fun for everyone and also be a bad ass clan of hard core players. So no more exclusions and just give me a chance. All I am asking, a chance. Thank you for all your criticism.

Ohio Raiders 

#19 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,954 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

Here's an idea to help you be more successful. Give everyone your history, post vids of you playing, give people a reason to want to play on an organization you lead. As for making it widespread all over the country, its gonna be a task. Start with just players in your state. Go to events with them and branch out to events outside the state. Meet more techpb'ers at these outside events and then you will have a regional team that actually plays as opposed to a group on the internet that just says they do. Check out the regional section of the forum, thats what it's there for: finding techpb'ers in your area.

I remember MZinCamo used to tell me about the IBC and how they would have outings to the fields all the time. That is the perfect way to start something like this. Not just saying "oh you use the internet A LOT...you must be good at paintball and therefore we should start a team"

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#20 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

No offense to Epic Woodsball, but making a team the caliber of citrus will be A LOT harder than what you are doing right now. There is more to it than just talking on the forums about something of this magnitude. Those guys play together every weekend and travel all over the place to play. If a a big scenario team that has been in paintball for a long time wanted to expand and start a citrus connection type team, I would be all for that. I would love it, but it will take a lot more experence and planning than this.

#21 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

No offense to Epic Woodsball, but making a team the caliber of citrus will be A LOT harder than what you are doing right now. There is more to it than just talking on the forums about something of this magnitude. Those guys play together every weekend and travel all over the place to play. If a a big scenario team that has been in paintball for a long time wanted to expand and start a citrus connection type team, I would be all for that. I would love it, but it will take a lot more experence and planning than this.

Then we all need to rep TechPB jerseys for D-dayPosted Image

#22 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

Here's an idea to help you be more successful. Give everyone your history, post vids of you playing, give people a reason to want to play on an organization you lead. As for making it widespread all over the country, its gonna be a task. Start with just players in your state. Go to events with them and branch out to events outside the state. Meet more techpb'ers at these outside events and then you will have a regional team that actually plays as opposed to a group on the internet that just says they do. Check out the regional section of the forum, thats what it's there for: finding techpb'ers in your area.

I remember MZinCamo used to tell me about the IBC and how they would have outings to the fields all the time. That is the perfect way to start something like this. Not just saying "oh you use the internet A LOT...you must be good at paintball and therefore we should start a team"

Thank you for the advice I will do this. And no offense taken to the other comments I realized that I need to actually meet people and play with them to get there respect. I already have the respect of my local field and they know I am not the kind of guy that would bonus ball people or shoot any body up close. I help the renters and in return when I tell them that you need to move up or something like that they listen. They know I would never screw them by telling them to walk In an ambush or something. I will post video as soon as I can figure out how to put videos on YouTube. Thank you guys for your support and helpful comments.

Ohio Raiders 

#23 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

Here's a suggestion for how to register. Kinda like the mod applications.

Area of where you live
How many scenarios you've been to
How long you've been playing
How far are you willing to go to play

#24 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

Guys PM me and you will be added. If you still think its a bad idea think of it this way. This a group for paintball to help support the group and connect people together. Unlike the citrus connection all the scenarios that we will go to will be in the U.S. unlike citrus because most of the scenarios they attend are in Canada. My goal of this group is connect paintballers together further more and have great time. I realize I need to make reputation to convince people I am a good leader. Im in the process making videos and stuff like that. Then I will attend scenarios and talk to fellow techpbers and gain a better reputation. In the mean time if this sounds like something that you would be interested in then PM and I will "add" you. This may not pick up for a while but that just depends on how many people are willing to back this. Thank you all for support and I look forward to see what the future holds.

Ohio Raiders 

#25 dangersnake

dangersnake

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

Just random stuff about me, live in WI, mostly play at BrewCity PB, shoot an etek 3, saving up for a Machine Vapor. Been playing around 10 months and I played with Midwest Whiteout and I kept up with them so I'm pretty good I guess.

#26 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

I guess I'm pretty good because my field hails me as a hero because I beat these two guys that had all new gear and Luxe's. Honestly it wasn't that hard.

Ohio Raiders 

#27 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

Yes, like Abby said we used to have the Illinois Ballers Club, which started on TechPB and kinda went nuts, we would have outings with 30+ people and just go have open play and have a great time. Some of my best paintball menories were had there, sadly it isn't around anymore because of control issues/people moving on lol.

#28 stewie1897

stewie1897

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Yes, like Abby said we used to have the Illinois Ballers Club, which started on TechPB and kinda went nuts, we would have outings with 30+ people and just go have open play and have a great time. Some of my best paintball menories were had there, sadly it isn't around anymore because of control issues/people moving on lol.

IBC was awesome, even if I never was able to make it to the outings lol.

stewietechpb.png

#29 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

I still think that this would be a good idea but for this to get going you have to start out small. The level we are going on right now is not the right way. Panda Revenge's idea of posting your area, how long you've been playing, dedication, and amount of scenarios is a great start. Instead of just posting a topic saying hey we are all from America and we should all make a club you must first take baby steps in order to begin.

This plan almost has to be started the same way America was first started. In a sense start out in your own "colonies" or area and then grow from there. On here are those regional forums. Instead of having just everyone spam a topic on their regional forum stating hey lets join Team USA, have someone on TechPB that is from the area who has a high number of meaningful and intelligent posts start a topic that is looking for new recruits to join in the building of Team USA for Paintball. Make sure that once you get the topic going and have all the attention of the members of your area that you keep the topic on track and talk about places to meet and play. If we all are willing for this to succeed we must first start small. That is are only chance to have an actual team.
Posted Image

#30 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

Announcement: So through further suggestions I have concluded that I have an idea to help this grow. So lets say there is a big scenario for example in division 1. Then a few people in that area that are on team murica kind of group together and spread the word around locally. I think of it this way if you plant a few grass seeds in an area then they will make more grass and more and more and more. Until you have a yard of grass. Same thing here. If I get a few people to go to there local field and convince a few people to do this then it will start. So once that person gets a few people to agree to "stick with him" then thet will become sort of a team or group in itself. Then you say we are part of team Murica and we wil be attending this and this. And if I get enough people to do this then it will become more than just an online thing. See you dont know if I'm a 10 year old girl or a 35 year old man that has been in the sport from the beginning until you meet me in person. So if you get what I'm saying then great if you dont you dont.

Ohio Raiders 

#31 Chicago Paintballer

Chicago Paintballer

Hold yer Tacos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

Sadly it isn't around anymore because of control issues/people moving on lol.

I was actually wondering what happened :blink:
My YouTube Channel: ChicagoPaintballer

Posted Image

I don't like getting shot by my teammates so either AIM UP or MOVE UP!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users