4 replies to this topic

#1 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

So, I'll get to the point: Can Barrel Adapters hurt efficiency, consistency, accuracy, reliability (in terms of barrel breaks), etc.?

I know that there are some who say No, and of course others who say yes. So, which one could it be?

Also I should note that I mean these barrel adapters:
http://www.ansgear.c...pters_s/933.htm

And Not like the TechT iFit Kits.

Thanks!

#2 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

So, I'll get to the point: Can Barrel Adapters hurt efficiency, consistency, accuracy, reliability (in terms of barrel breaks), etc.?

I know that there are some who say No, and of course others who say yes. So, which one could it be?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I think all you're going to get is some saying "yes", some saying "no" because, to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been specifically tested.

In regards to those particular adapters, there could be significant differences between them. For example, the adapter that allows one to mount an autococker barrel to a 98 threaded gun may be significally different than an autococker barrel to Ion threaded gun. The reason being is that a 98 barrel is very wide at the breach end to allow for the bolt and it's o-ring to enter the barrel.

In my opinion, it really depends on the breach, Barrel and Adapter you're fitting together. Most adapters are 'overbore' so, there could be potential problems if you're going from breech->Adapter->underbore barrel while there may be no differences if you're using an overbore barrel.

#3 Troy

Troy

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I think all you're going to get is some saying "yes", some saying "no" because, to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been specifically tested.

In regards to those particular adapters, there could be significant differences between them. For example, the adapter that allows one to mount an autococker barrel to a 98 threaded gun may be significally different than an autococker barrel to Ion threaded gun. The reason being is that a 98 barrel is very wide at the breach end to allow for the bolt and it's o-ring to enter the barrel.

In my opinion, it really depends on the breach, Barrel and Adapter you're fitting together. Most adapters are 'overbore' so, there could be potential problems if you're going from breech->Adapter->underbore barrel while there may be no differences if you're using an overbore barrel.

Lord Odin did a test on this and showed higher consistency with Lapco barrel adapters in an A5 over the stock adapter... don't know where that experiment was buried.
\m/

#4 Lord Odin

Lord Odin

3 may keep a secret if 2 of them are dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

It was pretty specific to the freak backs on the A5 but but it was a huge difference. What did I do with that data....? Posted Image

For other setups, it may just depend on the adapter and barrel's construction and if they run into similar problems.

#5 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

I should have said excluding the A5 adapters as well. Obviously they are kinda a different breed of their own since the a5 was designed to use such adapters.

Was more referring to these guys:
http://www.ansgear.c...adaptckr-98.htm

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users