Photo

Questions about Mike Phillips (TechPB-Mike)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 HamsterBall

HamsterBall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

I don't mean to be nosy, I'm just a curious person! But does Mike Phillips have a job outside of paintball? Or is he paid to do paintball related things? AGAIN I'm just curious.

#2 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

he runs the marker bids website which rakes in the dough.

i believe he is also going to school to become an accountant. but don't take my word for it.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 10 Critical Victory. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#3 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

Everything he does he pays for from him working. He is very dedicated to providing the paintball community with the best.

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#4 HamsterBall

HamsterBall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

I know he's a dedicated player I have a lot of respect for him. I was just wondering if he does anything outside of paintball.

#5 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,953 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

He has his masters in accounting

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#6 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Paintball is his hobby. Not job. He gets paid squat, since he is the boss of tech pb. Any money he makes via marker bids goes into helping tech pb.

He has a personal life. A wife, 2 girls, a job. But beyond that, well we don't need to know

#7 alex5947

alex5947

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

Paintball is his hobby. Not job. He gets paid squat, since he is the boss of tech pb. Any money he makes via marker bids goes into helping tech pb.

He has a personal life. A wife, 2 girls, a job. But beyond that, well we don't need to know

Did Mike actually say that?
Bob Long g6r Dust black/Gloss red, Empire Prophecy, GA 68/45 with ninja reg
feedback +9/0/0http://www.techpb.co...47&fromsearch=1

#8 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

i don't think so.
i'm just saying that if i had a family and a youtube channel/website, most of that money would be going into my familys savings account. i'd rather have a bunch of money for a rainy day than a super modern website or a youtube channel that puts out two videos a week. because health care is damn expensive in the states, and if my little girls got sick i would want to be able to give them the best care i could possibly afford opposed to having a bunch of paintball videos.

Edited by LUXOR54, 31 August 2012 - 06:11 PM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 10 Critical Victory. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#9 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

im pretty sure he said the opposite :D

#10 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

markerbids is the only real source of money he gets from paintball. he did get sponsored for his videos by RPS though

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#11 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

He is a Russian spy.

#12 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

hustling.

#13 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

art thief, going to the chicago nppl was a cover story. Really he was at the chicago museum of art

#14 GuyGrim

GuyGrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

art thief, going to the chicago nppl was a cover story. Really he was at the chicago museum of art

You guys don't know the half of it! I saw Mike dancing at the Kitty Kat Club down in Miami. He had a 1/2 dozen ones and at least 1 c-note stuff in his g-string.

#15 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

My Bad. In a way, it is helping TechPB. Before Markerbids, Mike pretty much paid out of pocket to get the stuff that he reviews. So it's simply paying mike back for the work he's done previously.

#16 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

No, right now I don't have a job outside of paintball. I grew up flat broke so it doesn't take much money for me to be happy.

Right now I run the Youtube channel, help Willie with the TechPB website, and of course run Markerbids. Markerbids has brought in a good income for me, so until that dries up, I'll stay with that.

I haven't passed my CPA exam, right now it's on hold and I'll ride the Markerbids wave as long as it lasts. So far so good.

If I had the choice between making $40,000 a year with paintball, or $60,000 a year rotting in a cubicle as an accountant, I'll take paintball

Accounting is my Plan B, it's my fallback. If it all falls apart, everyone starts hating me, I stop playing paintball, Markerbids dries up and Willie finally gets sick of me, I take 6 months, finish up the CPA exam and go make 6 figures as a CPA.

I also do a little bit of day trading, and I have some other outside investments that sometimes do well, sometimes they don't (shares in small businesses, Fores trading, etc) so every little bit helps.

I've learned it's not what you're doing now that's important, it's what you got lined up when and if it all falls apart.... that for me is accounting :-)

Trust me, it's one HELL of a fallback. Out of everyone I knew that graduated int he early 2000's with me, the ones that hung in for accounting are the ones driving the 6-figure cars right now....

#17 iKickYellow

iKickYellow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Check out the video where he goes out on his sexy bike, that beautiful neighborhood in Florida will give you an idea about his income. Or is that just how good Florida looks?

#18 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

Welp... Glad that cleared things up

#19 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

Check out the video where he goes out on his sexy bike, that beautiful neighborhood in Florida will give you an idea about his income. Or is that just how good Florida looks?

Thats how it looks like where i live. I hate FL weather though..

#20 mph295

mph295

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

Well guys, mike just answered for us :)

#21 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:17 AM

It only really sucks when there's a hurricane.

Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#22 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

I despise the humidity. As soon as I'm done with college, I'm moving to another state :P

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#23 iKickYellow

iKickYellow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

I despise the humidity. As soon as I'm done with college, I'm moving to another state :P

Lol'd at that. I've always wanted to go to florida but then i took the weather into account. But first after Mike on my last post!

Edited by iKickYellow, 01 September 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#24 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

If accounting doesn't work there are always lonely housewives, widows and professionals who seek discretion Mike =)

#25 Russian Legion Fan

Russian Legion Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

Lol'd at that. I've always wanted to go to florida but then i took the weather into account. But first after Mike on my last post!

It can be nice, but mainly in the winter. Otherwise the humidity is just awful. I've been all over the country, and I can honestly say Colorado and the surrounding Rocky mountain states are the most beautifull in my mind.

#26 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

It can be nice, but mainly in the winter. Otherwise the humidity is just awful. I've been all over the country, and I can honestly say Colorado and the surrounding Rocky mountain states are the most beautifull in my mind.

utah is pretty nice, it gets a little hot but nowhere near as humid as florida. the mountains in the spring are very beautiful

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#27 AndrewH

AndrewH

3L1Te M3Mb3|2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Holy balls, the GT on markerbids right now is a $45 thats like $3000 profit for mike.<br>

#28 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,864 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

It's time you all knew. Mike Phillips is really just a 6'3" inflatable doll Willie keeps in his hall closet. If you ever see the vids where they are both together look very closely and you will see Willie's lips moving when Mike is speaking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users