10 replies to this topic

#1 Lyxtwing

Lyxtwing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hello all,

Have been doing some research on DP markers and the techt bolt comes up a bunch, but not as much in regards to the E1. Does it improve the marker enough to make it worth the $70? Anyone used the bolt and have any before and after numbers on efficiency? The G3 bolt looks similar and I hear good things since the second revision.

Edited by Lyxtwing, 31 August 2012 - 03:18 PM.

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

PM8 I Alias I Marq 6 I A4 Fly I E1 I eNMey I Hammer 7

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

Do not upgrade the E1....

EVER

#3 Lyxtwing

Lyxtwing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Personal experience? Have you used the techt bolt, or are you just assuming it is not worth adding to the marker?

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Personal experience? Have you used the techt bolt, or are you just assuming it is not worth adding to the marker?

It is a low end, and putting any "upgrade" in them are not cost effective.

The bolt costs $70, with $40 more, you can get an autococker, which is better than what that bolt could ever do.

#5 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,883 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

The TechT bolt is definitely worth the money for DP's spoolies. Don't listen to the haters here, the E1 + TechT bolt will be a nice little shooter. The only downside of that setup is the board and feedneck.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 31 August 2012 - 05:47 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#6 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

I think its worth it, back when I had a G3 and I put a TechT in there I instantly noticed a big difference.
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#7 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

Oh hey :)

Posted Image

#8 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

Then I must have shot 2 lemons in a row.

They were horrible to me.

#9 fathulk91219

fathulk91219

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

The E1 and the G3 have the same bolt. So the upgrade to the E1 should be as good as the upgrade to the G3. That being said, I have the L7 engine for the E1 and it does lower the operating PSI therefore causing better efficiency. I have not used it extensively on the field yet so my opinion of it have not been fully formed yet.

Then I must have shot 2 lemons in a row.

They were horrible to me.

Out of curiosity how were they horrible?

#10 Lyxtwing

Lyxtwing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

It is a low end, and putting any "upgrade" in them are not cost effective.

The bolt costs $70, with $40 more, you can get an autococker, which is better than what that bolt could ever do.

It has been a long time since I shot my old E Orracle (long enough that I remember it being considered a "high end"), but I personally think the E1 smokes it. Timing that thing as a pain, where with the E1 I simply need to keep it lubed properly. The optical board and BS trigger slowed me down, unless it was bouncing, and I find the E1 shoots smoother (bit smoother than my angel, which is smoother than my cocker ever was). What you need to remember is some of us do not buy into the low end, high end thing. If you have experience with the Techt bolt, please feel free to follow up your opinion as only listening to those who validate my choice is not the best policy. If however you have not, your opinion has no place in this discussion and will be simply ignored as it would be an uninformed guess. (As a side note, if you simply came into the thread and said "I shot two of them and didn't think they were worth upgrading", the flack you are getting for being a "hater" would have been avoided. Stating a negative opinion always come across better with justification.... though, the best policy of course is to not care what random people on an internet forum think about you).

Anyway, thank you all for your opinions and advice about the Techt bolt. I had a chance to see one of those Techt "juiced" E1 markers in action and it pretty much sold me. It was almost as quiet as my matrix, and was so smooth that the guy using it could run it with a remote line and no stock without any noticeable barrel rise. Stock the thing doesn't feel like it has much kick to me, so if it drops it at all this will be a great little shooter. The thing is ridiculously small compared to anything else I have shot and should serve me well next season.

Edited by Lyxtwing, 13 September 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#11 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

It sounds like you are enjoying your new E1 ;)

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users