29 replies to this topic

#1 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Well, unless I break multiple bones in my body or the world ends, I can make it to ll6. 2 of my buddys want to go, but I am doubtfull they will be able too. So if it comes down to it. Should I go alone?
I will be flying from alaska to chicago, flights aren't a big deal to me as I am accustomed to airports and flying. The biggest problem I'll have is transportation, as I am 16, I can't rent a car, and I doubt everything is within walking distance.
If I can get transportation out of the way, the rest is pretty easy. I plan on bringing my gear and use my retro 7 for my gun. Buy a ton of water and food at wallmart, and camp out at cpx during the event.

Biggest thing is playing that big of game alone seems a bit.. intimidating, the biggest game I've played was with 180 people, and I was in a squad of about 10 people. So, should I go if I have to go alone?

#2 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

you can arrange to meet up with other techpbers for transportation

#3 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:38 PM

Its a good weekend of paintball. If you like paintball you will have fun regardless. You will meet a lot of cool people too. If you think the ticket over here is worth it than you might as well go through with it because if you don't you will regret it afterwards. Keep in mind LL6 is not established yet (as far as I know) and it is possible it might not happen (doubtful).

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#4 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,918 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

You won't be playing alone, you'll have the entire group of TechPB people to play with. And as LL6 gets closer, you might have people planning on renting a car, who need one more person to split the cost with, which would solve your transportation needs. Basically, it's best to come with nobody you know, and meet tons of people there, than it is to not come at all.

#5 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

You can't regret LL6. It will be one of the best experiences ever.

#6 Chicago Paintballer

Chicago Paintballer

Hold yer Tacos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

I agree, even if you go alone its fun as hell. You meet tons of people and just have a blast. If you go with somebody, chances are you'll get split up anyways. It is a BIG field.

I went with my friend Alex and I only saw him when we were at our staging area. I don't even remember him being next to me when the game started, actually :blink:
My YouTube Channel: ChicagoPaintballer

Posted Image

I don't like getting shot by my teammates so either AIM UP or MOVE UP!!!

#7 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

well, the posts are re assuring. Kind of early, but I'm already planning for it.

#8 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

It's a massive scenario with players from all over the world, you don't go there to play paintball with your friends. You go there to play paintball with people from all over the globe and to make new friends.

So if your friends can't come, don't sweat it, they don't need to come for you to have fun. Just go, play paintball, meet new people, and have a great time.

#9 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

You might be able to rent a moped.

Otherwise you'd have to take a taxi or have someone drive you.

#10 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

Depending on a lot of factor's, I too may be going alone. I just plan on introducing myself to people who seem chill and who might allow me to run with them. If all else fails, I'll band together some new players and some lone wolves and go at it. Who knows.

Anyways, if you do need a ride from the airport to CPX, I might be able to give you a lift if need be.

#11 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Ill be going with three friends and ones dad as far as I know but I also plan to meet as many new people as I can. I really want to socialize a lot at it.
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#12 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

just come to the horde of citrus connection, and techpb jerseys by the porta-potties and introduce yourself. They're a nice bunch (except that andrewthewookie fellow. He made me eat sand and tried to take my lunch money :( )

Edited by IhasAcellular, 04 September 2012 - 09:17 AM.

Posted Image

#13 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,116 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

i wouldn't worry about game related things. if you just come by the techpb area and introduce yourself around, you will have friends and people to play with in about 30 seconds.

transportation and living might be an issue. might want to plan it out online here for a ride and hotel.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#14 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

just come to the horde of citrus connection, and techpb jerseys by the porta-potties and introduce yourself. They're a nice bunch (except that andrewthewookie fellow. He made me eat sand and tried to take my lunch money :( )

^ This guy makes me lulz.

In all honesty though, I had equal amounts of fun just meeting people and socializing both on and off the field, as I did playing the game at LL5. I met so many people, from SAS Necro, to the guys from Northern and Grassy Knoll Gunmen, to throwing up the H to Mr. HHH, and just having a good times with new friends.

I wouldn't be concerned about not having anyone to run with, more then likely you'll pick up with a squad either from the start, or just as you go along, and you'll meet people there.

As for a ride, if you would be flying into O'Hare, which is more then likely where I'll be flying into (from Cali), we might be able to help you out. Let's find out the dates first, but the Brew City Bomb Squad might have a seat..

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#15 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

^ This guy makes me lulz.

In all honesty though, I had equal amounts of fun just meeting people and socializing both on and off the field, as I did playing the game at LL5. I met so many people, from SAS Necro, to the guys from Northern and Grassy Knoll Gunmen, to throwing up the H to Mr. HHH, and just having a good times with new friends.

I wouldn't be concerned about not having anyone to run with, more then likely you'll pick up with a squad either from the start, or just as you go along, and you'll meet people there.

As for a ride, if you would be flying into O'Hare, which is more then likely where I'll be flying into (from Cali), we might be able to help you out. Let's find out the dates first, but the Brew City Bomb Squad might have a seat..

Met some of the Brew Crew at WindyCity.. very nice, very fun group of guys to hang out with.

#16 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

I went by myself. At the staging area, I made acquaintance with the guys in my pavilion, and we socialized all weekend. I guarantee you'll make fast friends.
Posted Image

#17 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

believe it or not, usually when I'm playing Living Legends, I'm out there alone

Usually I'm alone walking off the field, alone getting on the bus to the spawn points, and alone walking up to the fight

And if you feel like you don't know anyone, find a TechPB jersey and you're home sweet home. We usually stage in the back of the stage, near the road to the side of the port-o-potties. You're more than welcome to come stage with all of us, usually about 300 of us in that group!

#18 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,953 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

I agree with mike. You're gonna be separated from your "group" pretty quickly. I don't think there was one time on the field that I couldn't find techpb on someone's jersey though.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#19 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

Finding people you know is easy, that's for sure.

Most people are nice there, even if they AREN'T from TechPB. Last year as much as everyone hated the Rippers, they were some of the nicest guys ever, and great players to boot. How many people have you fist bumped that just barrel tagged 5 people? Lol.

Another place to meet some people ON the field is pump night!

#20 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

believe it or not, usually when I'm playing Living Legends, I'm out there alone

Usually I'm alone walking off the field, alone getting on the bus to the spawn points, and alone walking up to the fight

And if you feel like you don't know anyone, find a TechPB jersey and you're home sweet home. We usually stage in the back of the stage, near the road to the side of the port-o-potties. You're more than welcome to come stage with all of us, usually about 300 of us in that group!

Ill stage with you guys!.. just as long as you let me rock this jersey <-- Might be the best design ever!

Edited by Infidel, 05 September 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#21 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

im just worried about driving 1100 miles one way by myself. that will suck if i cant find anyone to cruise along especially when it comes to gas money because the truck im buying doesnt get the best mileage
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#22 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

im just worried about driving 1100 miles one way by myself. that will suck if i cant find anyone to cruise along especially when it comes to gas money because the truck im buying doesnt get the best mileage

I was thinking about driving it, but at almost 2200 miles, and $600 in gas one way, I decided flying is the way to go for me.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I'll be going for sure to ll6, alone or not. I also have a techpb pump jersey, so it shouldn't be too hard to spot me

#23 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

I say anything over like 800 Miles you might want to consider flying...

#24 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

I say anything over like 800 Miles you might want to consider flying...

then rental cars become a problem if you arent 25 :\

Posted Image

#25 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

It doesn't prevent you from renting if you are under 25, you just need to have a valid license (not a probationary) and have to buy a specific insurance in order to rent.

#26 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

It doesn't prevent you from renting if you are under 25, you just need to have a valid license (not a probationary) and have to buy a specific insurance in order to rent.

And you're gonna have to pay a bit more for the car too

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#27 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

That too ^

#28 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

Last year, Etek and andrew rented an SUV, so I'm sure there will be people renting vehicles again, who need people to split the cost with. Just make a thread when it gets closer to LL6 asking if anybody is willing to rent a vehicle and pick you up from the airport and then drop you off, if you're willing to share the cost of the vehicle.

#29 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

http://www.youtube.c...9929CB3DB527550

#30 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

As far as the alone experience, i think that will vary entirely on your ability to socialize with strangers. I am not the most social person in the world, but I kind of picked a group of random guys to hang around and stage with and it made things a little better, but it turned out they were empire and i was horde so i couldn't follow them to the field. I also met mike, thanked him for his helpful videos, and talked to some people around the general techpb area. It was fun, but i think it would've been more fun if a friend came along. I'm hoping against hope that a guy I game with online is going to be able to fly out and play with me at LL6 but his wedding is close to that time, so we'll see.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users