27 replies to this topic

#1 paintballman69

paintballman69

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

PLEASE NOTE: the player going down the field was shot on his hopper before he moved.

please show some love to my channel its greatly appreciated :)
Your a towel!!!Posted Image

Youtube.com/paintballman79

#2 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

"I'm still in." After a ref called you out? Lolz.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

This is racist!!!

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

PROFESSIONAL!

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#5 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

Lulz...

#6 tripp

tripp

Proudly Sponsored by ANSGear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

any tourney ive ever seen fi you talk after a ref pulls you, he pulls ANOTHER teammate as well

but yeah, definately out
Sponsored By: ANSGear, Valken Paintball Southern Maryland Paintball
Posted Image
Bob Long 2k4 alias + freak + halo too

#7 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,919 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

And that attitude is exactly the reason why I refuse to play airball.

#8 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

he seemed... mad?

#9 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

Maybe it's a SoCal thing, but I've seen more drama on the RecFields than airball.. :lol:

#10 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

I hate when people sit on the side an bitch and talk shit after something like this happens. take that shit to the field and lets see who can prove themselves.

#11 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Maybe it's a SoCal thing, but I've seen more drama on the RecFields than airball.. :lol:

Me to. People take rec ball way to seriously. When I play airball it seems like people on the field are acting much more proffesionally. On recball I'll see people wipe, turn up their velocity and shit like that. And before anyone says it, yes I do tell the ref. On airball people don't play on after they know they were hit and congratulate each other after the game.

#12 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

What I've personally experienced, is the woodsball fields are filled with a lot more renters, who haven't grown the asshole attitude yet, and older guys, who have been in paintball for years, or recently started playing again after a long hiatus, and are a lot more mellow. Not saying that woodsball doesn't have any drama, because I'm sure it does, but I've never experienced it. But all I hear when I walk by the airball fields is "Get out motherfucker! I shot you! You're out! Get off the fucking field you moron!" And I refuse to play with people who act like that, and that seems to be the majority of the people in airball, while it's the extreme minority in woodsball.

Again, not saying that's the way it is 100% of the time, I'm just saying that that is what I've personally experienced.

Besides, I much prefer the 15 minute long games in the woods, crawling through the brush, trying to be sneaky as you creep down the sidelines of the field under dense cover. Rather than 2-3 minute games on the airball field. I'm fat and out of shape, I do better at a slower pace.

#13 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

But all I hear when I walk by the airball fields is "Get out motherfucker! I shot you! You're out! Get off the fucking field you moron!" And I refuse to play with people who act like that, and that seems to be the majority of the people in airball, while it's the extreme minority in woodsball.

I don't include the profanity, but if you get shot, you have to call yourself out fast or you get lit up. It isn't hard for you to raise your marker or put up your hand and run 5 feet to the closest sideline. I understand if renters do not call themselves out though.

#14 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

If I get shot out, I usually wait behind my bunker until they stop firing their stream of paint, and then raise my hand when no more paint is coming, because I don't feel like getting hit a bunch by walking out while they're firing, and then have them follow me with their stream of paint until they realize I have my hand up and finally stop shooting. It's a bitch to clean off half a dozen hits, it's a lot easier to just wait until they're done and clean off one hit after I'm off the field. Either that, or I'll try to get the ref's attention and have him let the other player know I'm out, so the guy will stop shooting.

Obviously, that wouldn't work on the airball field, and would get me cussed at and ridiculed, which is yet another reason why I won't play airball. I play paintball to have fun, not to get lit up or have someone overshoot me after I'm out while I'm trying to get off the field. Sure overshooting is part of the game and happens occasionally, but from what I've seen and experienced, it's an extremely common occurrence, pretty much accepted on the airball field, which I think is stupid. So I don't play airball, and I just stick to the woods.

#15 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

I play in SoCal and I have to say...

I notice a lot more shit talking on the airball field, and a lot more of the "GET OUT YOU PIECE OF SHIT, YOU'RE OUT" on the airball field, as well as some wiping....

However I notice a fair amount of drama from overshooting/bonusballing/wiping hits on the recball fields as well. I had a guy recently try and get in my face when I shot him in the foot and he span around the outside of a bunker and I put two on his chest as he aimed to spin on me, and then started caliming I shot him in the nuts...I'm like there are 3 shots on you, none of which on your groin, get outta my face...basically it escalated to him trying to fistfight me and get kicked off..

Basically, I see it in both sides to varying degree, even here in SoCal.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#16 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

At my field I've never experienced anything like "GET THE FUCK OUT YOU ARSE" or something like that. We always congratulate each other on the shot and then just play another game. This is rec-ball, so yeah.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#17 DamianE

DamianE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

I've seen some dumb shit in all kinds of paintball play. From rec to HRL, and woods to air.

As a matter of fact the worst thing I saw was at Zone South, a fully gassed up marker being thrown in a fit of rage. I don't think any paintball field or region is safe from dumb-asses TBH.

Edit: Oh and I've never understood how any player thinks that by shooting a dozen more times after you feel that first hit, the ref will somehow think that you are not out. It just boggles my mind, especially because you hear what I believe to be the far player out of frame on the right let off a burst right before angry guy steps into frame. Also that ref had a bad day after that, he got gogged and ducked into cover and came out to see this crap happening. I would be angry too...

Edited by DamianE, 05 September 2012 - 07:09 PM.

naimadamian.png

#18 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

The local scene here is pretty intense too. Nothing like seeing some grown ass men go after a team of 15 year olds claiming they "touched" to win a free point.

#19 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

TBH the airball players in my area are way nicer and fairer than a lot of rec and woodsballers. ( based the amount of negative situations I've seen while playing/watching both)

Posted Image

#20 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

I hate when people sit on the side an bitch and talk shit after something like this happens. take that shit to the field and lets see who can prove themselves.

*shakes head*

And there will always be the "Airball players are better" "No, woodsball players are more mature" "Rec-Ballers don't know so they aren't as bad" arguments. In truth, its not what they play that affects their attitude, it's who they are. I get a lot a smack from little kids. I get mostly respect from the 18+ age group. It's whatever.

#21 owenator

owenator

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

the only d bags I've experienced at my field are the 20-30 year old recballers who have their own tippmanns or electric spyders. they're the ones always playing on, not congratulating other players, etc. those are the players i go out on. let em now that i don't really like what they're doing.
and as for the yelling, "GET OUT! GET OUT YOURE OUT!!" i find that normal. if someone i know i hit isn't going out I'm going to let him know that he's out.
SLIPPERY WEASEL

Wolfwood "but really, when you get older, one of the best things in life is a really good shit. Makes life worth living."

#22 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

the only d bags I've experienced at my field are the 20-30 year old recballers who have their own tippmanns or electric spyders. they're the ones always playing on, not congratulating other players, etc. those are the players i go out on. let em now that i don't really like what they're doing.
and as for the yelling, "GET OUT! GET OUT YOURE OUT!!" i find that normal. if someone i know i hit isn't going out I'm going to let him know that he's out.

I hate the people who are like:
pop pop pop
splat ( on me)
2 milliseconds later
them:" YERRR OUT !!!!1 GERT OFFF DER FEILDDD!!!!11 I GOTCHU !!!! RIGHT DER AT DAT BUNKERRR!!!"
2 more milliseconds
popopopopopopopopo
me : " I'm HI-"
them :" YERRR OUT !!!!1 GERT OFFF DER FEILDDD!!!!11 I GOTCHU !!!! RIGHT DER AT DAT BUNKERRR!!!"

Dude, you just shot me give me some time to stand up and stop shooting at me, calm the hell down , holy crap!

Posted Image

#23 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

I hate the people who are like:
pop pop pop
splat ( on me)
2 milliseconds later
them:" YERRR OUT !!!!1 GERT OFFF DER FEILDDD!!!!11 I GOTCHU !!!! RIGHT DER AT DAT BUNKERRR!!!"
2 more milliseconds
popopopopopopopopo
me : " I'm HI-"
them :" YERRR OUT !!!!1 GERT OFFF DER FEILDDD!!!!11 I GOTCHU !!!! RIGHT DER AT DAT BUNKERRR!!!"

Dude, you just shot me give me some time to stand up and stop shooting at me, calm the hell down , holy crap!

Yeah, there's a difference between telling someone they're out if they get hit on say the pod pack or something and they don't notice, and yelling at someone because they are still pinned down by your fire/they are checking the hit. Sorry, but if I get hit, the first thing I do is check for a break (in rec ball bounces happen more often than not since, well, it's field paint.)

#24 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

*shakes head*

And there will always be the "Airball players are better" "No, woodsball players are more mature" "Rec-Ballers don't know so they aren't as bad" arguments. In truth, its not what they play that affects their attitude, it's who they are. I get a lot a smack from little kids. I get mostly respect from the 18+ age group. It's whatever.

Yeah, that's why I made sure to specify that I wasn't talking in general, but was talking specifically about my personal experiences. I hate when people make generalizations way too broad to accurately fit the groups they're talking about.

#25 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

AFLACK!!!!

Posted Image

#26 lukylovespaintballin

lukylovespaintballin

Turtleloverofthemaxofthemostextreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

first after mike

My link for my guns

MY FEEDBACK 5/0/0

Nothing some beatings tear gas and hard labour will fix

#27 paintballman69

paintballman69

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

AFLACK!!!!

Posted Image

LOL
Your a towel!!!Posted Image

Youtube.com/paintballman79

#28 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

Everyone always takes what I say the wrong way....... I play rec-ball only and I love both woodsball and airball. This kinda stuff happens sometimes when I go play. I really hate it when people are always fighting and getting pissed at each other. It makes my field look bad, and it scares some of the renters away. I rather them just go play and lets see what happens. I am really pretty calm and not a hot head at all, I just think that sometimes I try to bring my football mentality to paintball too much. So I am sorry if that was rubbed the wrong way like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users