price does not matter

#2 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

I would say spire. I don't really like the rotor because it doesn't hold a true 200 paintballs and the motor spins the prop constantly if you run out of paint.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#3 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

Spire. Crazy better than the rotor.

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#4 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Am i the only that thinks it's too soon to say?

#5 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

Am i the only that thinks it's too soon to say?

Yes, but my friend owns one. He says it's 10 times better than the rotor. I used it for a couple games. Super low profile, quiet, holds a shit load of paint, never jams.

#6 maymay32

maymay32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Yeah this guy that works at my local field got 6 of the first 30 they made because he is a distibuter

#7 Specter

Specter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

and the motor spins the prop constantly if you run out of paint.

I kind of like that feature. It's a notification that you need to reload. In the heat of things, sometimes I'm not paying attention enough & it serves as a good reminder. I suppose I can see how it would be annoying to some people though.

Being sound activated technically classifies the Spire as an agitated hopper though, does it not? If so, I couldn't justify paying $185 for something not truly forcefed. It really isn't much more low profile than the Rotor either. I looked at the specs.

#8 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

wrong post. That was weird.

Edited by dertydood, 06 September 2012 - 08:43 PM.

Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

#9 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

wut.

#10 Specter

Specter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

Huh?

#11 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

Huh?

i posted in a different section, but the post magically appeared here. IDK

#12 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

all of this advice based on "my friend has one" or "the guy who works at my field". people have put hundreds of cases through their rotors and the spire is brand new. give it a couple months to see what the problems are. not saying the rotor is better or anything of that sort, just too early to really tell.
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#13 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

all of this advice based on "my friend has one" or "the guy who works at my field". people have put hundreds of cases through their rotors and the spire is brand new. give it a couple months to see what the problems are. not saying the rotor is better or anything of that sort, just too early to really tell.

Glad I'm not the only one. Posted Image

#14 maymay32

maymay32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

Glad I'm not the only one. Posted Image

ur probably right im sure by Christmas we will all know if it is better

#15 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

I'm sure there are people who have put 100's of cases through rotors, but there are also people who have put a lot of cases through spires. After about 5 cases, all hoppers will perform the same from now on, unless you seriously fuck it up in a slide or something.

With that being said, it may be too early, but with personal opinions as of right now, it is indeed better. And I have personally used it, it's had about 7 cases through it when I used it. It performed great even in the terrible weather.

#16 EMPIRE EMPEROR

EMPIRE EMPEROR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

I kind of like that feature. It's a notification that you need to reload. In the heat of things, sometimes I'm not paying attention enough & it serves as a good reminder. I suppose I can see how it would be annoying to some people though.

Being sound activated technically classifies the Spire as an agitated hopper though, does it not? If so, I couldn't justify paying $185 for something not truly forcefed. It really isn't much more low profile than the Rotor either. I looked at the specs.

Thats kinda like saying "I don't want to buy a Mustang because it use's an ancient live axle even though its live axle is WAY better than the new independant axle in the Camaro"

Also, the Spire is NOT sound activated, its vibration sensitive. This can be an issue to extremely smooth markers. ;)

#17 maymay32

maymay32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Thats kinda like saying "I don't want to buy a Mustang because it use's an ancient live axle even though its live axle is WAY better than the new independant axle in the Camaro"

Also, the Spire is NOT sound activated, its vibration sensitive. This can be an issue to extremely smooth markers. ;)

well vibrations would be perfect for me cuz i have a fx which has the ping vibration form the spring back ram

#18 Keeghan98

Keeghan98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

It senses all the shots on my luxe which is insanely smooth

#19 Specter

Specter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

I drive an 08 Mustang Bullitt. No need to explain that analogy to me. Lol.

#20 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

I'm sure there are people who have put 100's of cases through rotors, but there are also people who have put a lot of cases through spires. After about 5 cases, all hoppers will perform the same from now on, unless you seriously fuck it up in a slide or something.

With that being said, it may be too early, but with personal opinions as of right now, it is indeed better. And I have personally used it, it's had about 7 cases through it when I used it. It performed great even in the terrible weather.

just because you have put 5 cases through a hopper doesnt mean you have discovered any problems it has. i have about 12 cases through my new rotor and it has not jammed but do rotors have a problem with jamming? yes they do.
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#21 415paintballer

415paintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

go with the spire i used it this weekend and i liked it a lot better then the rotor however the rotor might be more dependable then spire just because all new products always have some problems.

#22 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

just because you have put 5 cases through a hopper doesnt mean you have discovered any problems it has. i have about 12 cases through my new rotor and it has not jammed but do rotors have a problem with jamming? yes they do.

Cool...but you still get a good idea on how well something performs. My rotor worked for 4 cases then started jamming every game.

The spire has worked relatively well for me though

Like everything new, things have problems. Nothing is perfect, so don't expect it to be. In the end it just depends on where you're playing, weather conditions, paint conditions, and everything else. With that, my vote is still the spire.

#23 NTP117

NTP117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

From a noob standpoint, I would get the spire because it doesn't spin constantly, holds more paint and IMO looks overall a lot better. But I do think it would be a good choice to wait it out a bit and look up some reviews from the people who have had it for awhile. But I have not owned either so my comment is relatively pointless.

#24 EMPIRE EMPEROR

EMPIRE EMPEROR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Thats good, Ive heard some pro-team was having issues with their Luxe's not working with the spire though. Must have been a 2.0 or something. :blink:

#25 Keeghan98

Keeghan98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

Thats good, Ive heard some pro-team was having issues with their Luxe's not working with the spire though. Must have been a 2.0 or something. :blink:

Ya that was the heat and at first it had problems on my luxe i just had to turn up the sensitivity and now it works flawlessly.

#26 heylookitskarl

heylookitskarl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

Well the spire certainly is lighter than the rotor, a lot of people would love that fact

#27 Specter

Specter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

I'm still going to wait until the second version comes out, hopefully with some sort of camo rendition. I like my DyeCam. Lol.

#28 EMPIRE EMPEROR

EMPIRE EMPEROR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

I'm still going to wait until the second version comes out, hopefully with some sort of camo rendition. I like my DyeCam. Lol.

I'm probably going to do the same, nothing wrong with my Halo TOO though.

#29 soccer72727

soccer72727

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

I realize this is an old post, I just saw this and had to say something. The spire IS force fed. It is activated with a G FORCE sensor, which measures acceleration (ie recoil). Agitated hoppers are gravity fed hoppers that just have a prop inside the hopper that spins to AGITATE the paint.

#30 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

The Spire now has updated firmware which apparently fixes some of the issues people were having. I would say give it a try, I know I will soon.

#31 BecauseImBatman

BecauseImBatman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

I have a rotor and I love it. I have never had any jamming problems with it. I have had it for about 6 months or more and I'm sill on my first set of batteries. I play almost every weekend. But I think mine doesn't jam because I break it down after every weekend of play and wash all of the prop parts under warm water to remove any oil or dirt that could be in there or in the gears. I like no matter what gun you have, the rotor will always force another ball into the breech after a shot. You don't need to worry about changing settings to get it to pick the guns shots. That's just my thoughts and experience.

#32 GoG-eXTCy

GoG-eXTCy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

I say rotor because people have used it and know it is reliable the spire is brand new and not too many people have used it so wait to see... But if you need one right now I'd get the Rotor..
Been Playing Paintball for 2 years.... Also recommend me a New Gun For Under $275!

#33 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

I say rotor because people have used it and know it is reliable the spire is brand new and not too many people have used it so wait to see... But if you need one right now I'd get the Rotor..

Erm. The virtue has been out for plenty long and a lot of people have then. They're fantastic loaders, just a bit expensive.

#34 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

You dont know what you are talking about admit it. The spire has been out for awhile now and if i remember correctly the russians have signed to use the spire for the 2013 and 2014 seasons.

Lulzjustacat.png

#35 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

You dont know what you are talking about admit it. The spire has been out for awhile now and if i remember correctly the russians have signed to use the spire for the 2013 and 2014 seasons.

Yeah a ton of teams are using the Spire and any kinks in the firmware have been ironed out.

#36 darkmatter

darkmatter

Defender Of Ego's

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

i have had the same rotor for three years. i love it. use it hard, has been with me through everything. only thing that went wrong is the led burnt out and the jewels fell off but i replaced that...literally have used my rotor fard for three years week in and out and it performs flawlessly. it's a version 3. i even use the high top, weight, none of that bothers me. i play d2 nppl and psp. ddoesn't affect me, i'm so use to it. some people though choose llighter and slimmer....i will say though however when my rotor does finally die on me, if it would soon. i am not bound by sponsorship to a hopper. i would probably give the spire a try. still might pick one up cheap. just i have sentimental attachment to my rotor :) but i do like the spire! so can't go wrong with either!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users