7 replies to this topic

#1 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

im wondering what are some good thing to eat, drink or take that are good for your joints. im only 22 but i get some knee pains. i see alot of people taking shark cartilage. anyone have suggestions?
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#2 Lyxtwing

Lyxtwing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

How's your vitamin D intake?

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

PM8 I Alias I Marq 6 I A4 Fly I E1 I eNMey I Hammer 7

#3 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

while "Supplements" might help a LITTLE bit, it sounds like you are attempting to cover up the symptom, instead of addressing the true problem

For instance - If you keep banging your head against the wall, sure you can take some tylenol to mask the symptom of banging your head against the wall, but banging your head against the wall is the actual problem

Is it jogging that's hurting your knees? Possibly bad stride?

What is actually causing your knees to hurt? When do they hurt? I'd hate for you to take a supplement, but still continue with the activity that's hurting your knees. Please advise

#4 Mandoade

Mandoade

Woods for life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

Mike's right it might be the shoes you're running in or your stride, or even your alignment. I've had to take a hiatus from paintball and working out as well as not being able to work from a injury that's damaged all my back muscles as well as rotated my pelvis. Now one of my legs is longer.

Founding member of Brew City Bomb Squad!

DM9 Sale!

CPX Legion member

#5 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

To answer the direct question, it is generally advised to take Glucosamine, Chondroiton, Fish Oils, and MSM. They are all supposed to support healthy soft tissues like ligaments, muscles, and cartilage.

However, Mike is on the right track with his post. Covering the pain doesn't solve the problem. Talk to your doctor about the knee pains and let him give you an accurate diagnosis, rather than having us keyboard medics try to help you. It may just be random, isolated incidents, but it could also be the beginning stages of something much worse.

If you need some motivation to talk to your doctor, read this and tell me if you would want to be in this position:

I started getting pain in my right knee once in a while when I was running. I didn't think anything of it. After a couple of years of this, my random pains became normal, every day pains while running. I still didn't think anything of it. I just popped a few pain killers and went about my life. After another couple of years, I finally twisted my knee and caused my kneecap to dislocate. Had X-rays and an MRI done, and found out that I have a torn medial meniscus, and my femur and tibia have been rubbing together for the better part of 4 years. Unless I get surgery, I'm told that in 5 years, I won't be able to run without extreme pain. And to cap it off, I'm only 23 years old.

You make your decision.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#6 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

i shouldnt have really said "pain". its not like while im running it just hurts and i dont want to run anymore. its hard to explain. when running or on the stationary bike my knees start feeling stiff and i just feel a lack of mobility in my knees. it just feels like have the knees of a 60 year old man.

Edited by maximumslinky, 08 September 2012 - 03:09 PM.

There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#7 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

I would still say to get that checked out.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#8 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

I hear water is very good for joints (or any health issue). Drink until your pee is clear.

Edited by The Bacon Man, 16 September 2012 - 07:43 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users