Photo

Olympic Sports.. paintball?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Olympic Sports.. paintball? (40 member(s) have cast votes)

If paintball miraculously made it into the Olympics/Xgamse you would be?

1. Voted For it. (5 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. Voted Against It. (7 votes [17.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

3. Voted A small turtle. (28 votes [70.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

Vote

#1 paintbrawler_tman

paintbrawler_tman

Fly Like A G6R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

Sooo, Ive seen about a billion people say paintball should totes be in the Olympics and I've seen about a billion people say It shouldn't I've even seen some people get mad over the subject saying how ridiculous it is. Now regardless of the fact that i never think It will It has come to my attention that there are paintball players who think it should not. maybe because It will be to boring maybe because its to easy or its not athletic enough. In my opinion there are a fair amount of boring nonathletic easy events in the Olympics. So.. What makes these sports more deserving in your opinion.

Events I feel qualify as nonathletic easy boring etc. that are already In the Olympics.

Race Walking.I feel as tho I shouldn't have to comment.

Archery. While not being a particularly Athletic It does take a large amount of skill. None the less this falls under nonathletic.

Dueling pistols fall under the same rule. While I'm a gun man my self and love the shooting range but still non athletic.

Equestrian events. I see this as more of an event for the horses unless the Idea is to establish which country can most impressively train a obidiant horse I don't understand this. Maybe they give the metals to the horse but as far as I've seen its usually the jockey.

synchronized swimming. Maneuvering about in the water is not the easiest thing I personally find this to be extremely boring and Is just the water equivalent of dancing. I personally like dancing but I don't think It should be an Olympic event either even when done in the water.

Since I dont feel like writing why by every event....
Rhythmic gymnastics
Dressage
Synchronized Diving
Steeplechase

Some of the events I would even consider games not unlike paintball.
Volleyball
Tennis
badminton

Im sure I can go on but If all of these can make it into the Olympics why is it so preposterous that people want Paintball in the Olympics.

Side Topic: Turtles.. And what roles they play in every day life... Paintball or otherwise.:tup:

Edited by paintbrawler_tman, 07 September 2012 - 11:37 PM.

Sponsored by ansgear, Macddev, KM straps, pbfashion, Valken, SLY Equipment.
Feedback

#2 joeakuaku

joeakuaku

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:23 AM

You wont get very many votes for yes since you gave us the option to be a small turtle...

#3 paintbrawler_tman

paintbrawler_tman

Fly Like A G6R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

You wont get very many votes for yes since you gave us the option to be a small turtle...

yes yes I agree but I myself voted for the small turtle aswell....

Feedback

#4 joeakuaku

joeakuaku

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

yes yes I agree but I myself voted for the small turtle aswell....

Same (:

#5 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

I'd love it if paintball got to the point where it made sense for it to be an Olympic sport, but it's got a long way to go. An international governing body and a standard set of rules would be a good start.

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,064 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#7 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

Redundant thread. I now deem turtle talk to be on topic IAW with the poll.

#8 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

i dont really see it ever being in the olympics because the equipment plays such a big role in it. thats probably why there are also no motorsports in the olympics. it could be in the x games in the next 5 or so years but it also seems unlikely. no one really cares but us
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#9 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Motorsports aren't in the olympics because your ability depends heavily on the car you drive. Paintball, while less dependent on the equipment, is the same way. One can't play as well with a 98 Custom as they can with like an Ego or Luxe.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#10 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

Posted Image

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#11 paintbrawler_tman

paintbrawler_tman

Fly Like A G6R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

i dont really see it ever being in the olympics because the equipment plays such a big role in it. thats probably why there are also no motorsports in the olympics. it could be in the x games in the next 5 or so years but it also seems unlikely. no one really cares but us

Hmm i haven't really considered that but on the flip side there are many events that are largely dependent on on animals I.E Horses it seems to be mostly about there ability v.s the ability of the Jockey but then again I guess that's a good bit different than technology.

Feedback

#12 paintbrawler_tman

paintbrawler_tman

Fly Like A G6R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

Redundant thread. I now deem turtle talk to be on topic IAW with the poll.

Yes the Olympics threads are pretty common but I'm more concerned with why people think paintball is not worthy vs. how likely it is that paintball will actually be an Olympic event.
Turtle talk is Important... Perhaps this entire thread can be converted into turtle talk.

Feedback

#13 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,064 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

Did you watch the video I posted? Watch the video I posted.

#14 paintbrawler_tman

paintbrawler_tman

Fly Like A G6R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

Did you watch the video I posted? Watch the video I posted.

Just finished it right now. I dont even know how to comment on just the amount of info in that video.

Feedback

#15 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,646 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

No one who plays paintball cares about what the pro players are doing, no one cares about the Olympics. Even if they did, its just not suited to it, seeing it on TV next to things like running, javelin and swimming would make it look stupid.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#16 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

No one who plays paintball cares about what the pro players are doing, no one cares about the Olympics. Even if they did, its just not suited to it, seeing it on TV next to things like running, javelin and swimming would make it look stupid.

This

And.

Imagine this.
Countries shooting at each other

North Korea v South Korea
Israel vs *Insert Islamic Country Here*
etc, etc, etc.

To much geopolitics come into play here.

#17 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

Not even that many Countries with Paintball tournaments or even where paintball is "legal"

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#18 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

You people are weird. I think countries shooting each other would be funny.

I love you.

#19 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,064 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

I love how when describing paintball to the public we try and distance ourselves from the "shooting people" aspect, yet when we talk about the Olympics, that's the first thing people start talking about.

Also, what the fuck do you think boxing, judo, or taekwondo is all about? I mean it's two people who are actually fighting each other, no pretense about it, and that's not an issue.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 08 September 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#20 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

I think this thread needs to get back onto topic. Its about turtles guys. :dodgy:

Posted Image

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#21 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

Posted Image

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#22 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

herp cute turtles derp

#23 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

Archery. While not being a particularly Athletic It does take a large amount of skill. None the less this falls under nonathletic.

Have you ever shot a bow? It takes a LOT more arm strength than you'd think.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#24 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

Events I feel qualify as nonathletic easy boring etc. that are already In the Olympics.

Is actually physically demanding. Go walk 20km or 50km at a decent speed and tell me how easy it is.

Tell that to my 70lb draw bow.

Dueling pistols fall under the same rule. While I'm a gun man my self and love the shooting range but still non athletic.

Equestrian events. I see this as more of an event for the horses unless the Idea is to establish which country can most impressively train a obidiant horse I don't understand this. Maybe they give the metals to the horse but as far as I've seen its usually the jockey.

You've never competed or trained for a equestrian event. They're physically demanding on both the rider and horse. On top of that, image controlling a 800lb retard that's afraid of it's own shadow.

synchronized swimming. Maneuvering about in the water is not the easiest thing I personally find this to be extremely boring and Is just the water equivalent of dancing. I personally like dancing but I don't think It should be an Olympic event either even when done in the water.
Wait, so you're admitting that it takes physical and mental skill. But since you don't like it it shouldn't be in the games. Great reasoning there.

Rhythmic gymnastics Skill and training
Dressage See my post about equestrian events.
Synchronized Diving Skill required
Steeplechase Again, simply because you find it boring it shouldn't be in the games. Great logic.

So by your logic, paintball shouldn't be in the Olympics because myself and the vast majority of the world doesn't give two flying fucks about professional or competitive paintball. Even then, most of these "boring" events demonstrate more skill and dedication then paintball. Toddlers in Tiaras hardmode is anything to do with gymnastics.

Edited by drexler, 09 September 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#25 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

Considering that there is a lot to controlling a horse while keeping a proper posture. Too many degrees forwards or backwards and you will lose.

Also, have you ever watched a paintball tournament from the sidelines? It's actually not that exciting, since you can see where the players are. That's a major thing for paintball is that, to the outside crowd, there's no real entertainment.

#26 paintbrawler_tman

paintbrawler_tman

Fly Like A G6R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

I love how when describing paintball to the public we try and distance ourselves from the "shooting people" aspect, yet when we talk about the Olympics, that's the first thing people start talking about.

Also, what the fuck do you think boxing, judo, or taekwondo is all about? I mean it's two people who are actually fighting each other, no pretense about it, and that's not an issue.

Feedback

#27 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Not even that many Countries with Paintball tournaments or even where paintball is "legal"

Norway, Sweden, USA, Canada, South Africa, South Korea, Denmark, France, England, Spain, Portugal, Russia, Holland, Italy, Turkey, Poland, Finland and many more.

I'd say that's enough countries.
But I don't support Paintball in the Olympics, it has nothing to do there, like motorsports.

#28 newwestswag

newwestswag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

That is a very valid point but think about it paintball guns shoot objects at each other which simulates war. War is a lot bigger than just two people fighting. The general public in other countries would not like there team being shot at by other countries by gunish looking things.

#29 paintbrawler_tman

paintbrawler_tman

Fly Like A G6R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

Have you ever shot a bow? It takes a LOT more arm strength than you'd think.

I shoot a traditional recurve as a hobby on a rather regular basis. Its really not that bad.

Feedback

#30 paintbrawler_tman

paintbrawler_tman

Fly Like A G6R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

Is actually physically demanding. Go walk 20km or 50km at a decent speed and tell me how easy it is.
Were referring to the world stage with events containing those of the most athletic people in the world who have trained for large percentages of there life to do Its hard to say that walking fast is difficult for them.

Tell that to my 70lb draw bow.
As I just answered for some one else shooting a bow isnt really that difficult and Olympic archers generally use a 50 lb bow. as far as your 70 lb bow I hope your hunting buffalo or greater other wise the greater pull is vastly wasted.

You've never competed or trained for a equestrian event. They're physically demanding on both the rider and horse. On top of that, image controlling a 800lb retard that's afraid of it's own shadow.
meh never consistently ridden a horse.so I will give you this one.

Wait, so you're admitting that it takes physical and mental skill. But since you don't like it it shouldn't be in the games. Great reasoning there.
Many people this thread included say paintball shouldn't be in the Olympics because it would be boring to watch so yes thats exactly what I'm saying.

Rhythmic gymnastics Skill and training Still dont dig it
Dressage See my post about equestrian events. Ditto
Synchronized Diving Skill required :blink:Seriously? :blink:
Steeplechase Again, simply because you find it boring it shouldn't be in the games. Great logic. Thanks!

So by your logic, paintball shouldn't be in the Olympics because myself and the vast majority of the world doesn't give two flying fucks about professional or competitive paintball. Even then, most of these "boring" events demonstrate more skill and dedication then paintball. Toddlers in Tiaras hardmode is anything to do with gymnastics.

You dont understand "my logic" by any stretch of the imagination. I never said TAKE ALL OF THEESE OUT AND PUT IN PAINTBALL!!! WOOOOOOOO 'merica... I said most people say paintball is Boring/ Non athletic/ No skill. Here are a list of events that are Boring/ Non athletic/ No skill. why are they more deserving and why are people ok with this but hate the Idea of paintball being an event. And unlike most I have care about the pros in paintball some people have the nfl some the nba I personally enjoy the PSP. Since the ceo of PSP is my brother I probably get more enjoyment out of the events than others but that aside, I find it hard to believe that if some one can represent your country and the sport you and the rest of us love on the world stage against the best of best infront of millions of people. I personally absolutely love that Idea. I dont foresee paintball in the Olympics but as I've said before thats not why I made this thread. I dont know why this mad you so argumentative and I dont particularly care but you belong on youtube comments not in here. Calm down before you respond to something you dont fully understand.

Feedback

#31 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

Since the ceo of PSP is my brother

Posted Image

Thread invalidated.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#32 paintbrawler_tman

paintbrawler_tman

Fly Like A G6R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

Since the ceo of PSP is my brother

Posted Image

Thread invalidated.

I thought the thread was about turtles :dodgy:

Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users