12 replies to this topic

#1 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

I've been browsing around and it seems like the market for the NXTs and Quests is pretty favorable now. Between the 2 scenarios below, which would be the better marker? Keep in mind I largely play semi and meeting PSP/NPPL guidelines isn't a priority. Price also isn't necessarily a consideration as, to me, they both seem to run about the same. Barrel is irrelevant (ie. I have both Impulse and AC Freak backs) and I'd likely just throw an AKA sidewinder on either.

Shocker NXT 09
-Qlock or other feedneck
-CP or other on/off
-Virtue/Tadao/APE (they seem to usually have one of these)
-Pooty, Eigen, or TechT sprung setup

I find the QEV and manifold mods, from what I've read, to be extras not worth my money (ie. the benefits do not outweigh the investment)

Quest 06 or 07
-stock feedneck
-CP or stock on/off
-APE or stock (they usually seem to have one of these)
-4b bolt

The 07 looks nice, but it's harder to find and way more $$.

To me, the Quest seems like a better marker from a technical point. It will likely have better efficiency, a smoother shot, easier maintenance, and one can adjust the grip frame around. The Shocker seems like a better value, has parts cheaper and more readily available (ie. the Quest has Critical but that seems to be it), and most feel it looks better.

So what are your thoughts on the two? Thanks.

#2 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

Shocker will be smoother, quest will be more efficient. Personally I'd go shocker, but the quest is is an amazing marker. I'd just go for whatever you can find cheaper honestly.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#3 cocker addict

cocker addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

#4 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

I love my Shockers. I have yet to shoot a gun that is smoother.... period. Parts are cheap and easy to find, and if you know what your'e doing; they're easy to maintain as well.
The ONLY downside to a Shocker is the efficiency. It won't be a game-changer, but you will find yourself heading to the fill station more often between games.

The Quest is nearly as smooth, and more efficient; but parts are more difficult to find. (As mentioned, Critical has a few; but that's it.)

It's really just about what you'd prefer and which you like more.

Edit: the above video is semi-irrelevant because most likely neither will be stock and everything Mike complains about on the Shocker will have been replaced.

Edited by nighthunter, 09 September 2012 - 11:38 PM.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#5 AdmiralSEWA

AdmiralSEWA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

Go with the quest and you wont be disappointed. They are simple to maintain, have fantastic triggers, have an lpr, they are efficient for a spool, and I think are better looking.

#6 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

In regards to Shockers:
-upgrades recommended?
-is the pooty or eigenbolt worth it? Will a techt suffice? Or is the stock HE "good enough?"
-what efficiency boost would a bolt give?
-is a hybrid-style (ie. adjustable) bolt guide worth the $$?
-how do the NXT's with LPR's compare to a Quest? Was it mostly hype over substance?

In regards to Quests:
-how often do 07's pop up? What are they worth (ie. price range)?
-does anybody do custom Quest bodies/frames/sell just 07 bodies? I really like the Quest from a technological point, but I'm not a super huge fan of the way the 06/OG looks. I've seen the UL Quest, Quego, and that one custom milled silver 06 but that seems to be about it on customizing it.

Thanks again for all that answer.

Edited by Jaccen, 10 September 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#7 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,109 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

The TechT bolt is just a lightened HE type bolt, the Pooty bolt is just a flat-faced HE type bolt (nothing special there), but the Lurker bolt is something special (at least it will be, tomorrow). Using the Lurker bolt, you should be able to get anywhere from 1700ish to 2200ish shots out of a standard 68/45. I kid you not, those are real numbers. All three of those bolts come stock with the ability to use engine springs.

Bolt guide... maybe. But the results aren't so huge that I'd spend money on one.

NXTs (and all Shockers) do not use an LPR. I personally have not found this to be an issue, and neither do people with Shockers or Luxes (since the Luxe is basically the next gen Shocker).

Edited by andrewthewookie, 10 September 2012 - 09:45 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#8 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

In regards to Shockers:
-upgrades recommended? clamping feedneck if not already equipped; tadao m7 board: better than virtue; purging asa (the stock ones are annoying)

-is the pooty or eigenbolt worth it? Will a techt suffice? Or is the stock HE "good enough?" Stock HE will be fine, although a Sprung TechT will boost efficiency a bit. The pooty and Eigenbolt are great, but the eigenbolt is not currently in production, so you'd have to wait awhile until Lurker makes more

-what efficiency boost would a bolt give? decent, but not much: as the Wookie said, the Lurker is best tho.

-is a hybrid-style (ie. adjustable) bolt guide worth the $$? The only bolt guide to spend money on is a tool-less bolt guide: they make maintenance just a little faster. Adjustable ones don't have a huge gain in efficiency.

-how do the NXT's with LPR's compare to a Quest? Was it mostly hype over substance?Shockers were not meant to have lpr's, but an lpr can be put an any shocker with the right modification. My SFT has an Evil LPR on it and it gets slightly above average efficiency. The LPR's when you can get them are mostly fun gadgets more than anything else. They're not really necessary and you won't gain much. Besides all that, they're insanely hard to find; and all said, they're not worth it.

Thanks again for all that answer.

answers in red ;)

Edited by nighthunter, 10 September 2012 - 09:58 PM.

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#9 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,109 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

but the eigenbolt is not currently in production, so you'd have to wait awhile until Lurker makes more

Just thought I'd clarify, the only Eigenbolts that people got were basically prototypes, and the final production run has already been machined. They're currently in the anno process, and should actually be for sale soon.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 10 September 2012 - 10:02 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#10 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

but the eigenbolt is not currently in production, so you'd have to wait awhile until Lurker makes more

Just thought I'd clarify, the only Eigenbolts that people got were basically prototypes, and the final production run has already been machined. They're currently in the anno process, and should actually be for sale soon.

so they'll be ready tomorrow? lol

#11 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

I would go shocker. They are both great guns but you can still easily find thousands of bnib parts for shockers, both stock and aftermarket.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#12 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

shockers are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Go for that Posted Image
109.gif

#13 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

Quest because it's trigger and Timmy like grip are amazing
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users