#1 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

Username: PeanutWing

Character Name(s): Derek Wing (Guardian, Level 3, Human), PeanutWing (Ranger, Level 4)

Kind of new to the game, I am not part of a guild of any sort, if there's one around I'll gladly join.

Feel free to discuss whatever

Something to start us off; do you think that bandits in the earlier levels need to be nerfed, or at least scaled to how many players are in the area? I hate being caught up in an event and killed on my way to a quest or even just to go to town. Or maybe I'm just being whiny and that's what makes the game challenging/fun.

#2 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

I have a level 75 Mesmer and a 23 warrior. Played GW1 for 7 years. I'm still feeling out the game, it doesn't feel like the first at all. I find myself playing for maybe an hour or two at a time as opposed to playing all day like I did with the first game.
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#3 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

The big problem is that GW2 doesn't really give you milestones to look for like most MMO's. Your achievments aren't highlighted with a new fancy sword or armor... It's all very basic looking, unless you spend Karma or have a high crafting level

#4 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Does anybody know if there is gonna be a Mac version? I really want this game...
My Setup- Spyder MR5 with an Invert Halo TOO and a Ninja 49/4500

#5 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

What server are you guys on? I'm playing on Sanctum of Rall. Got 2 level 10+ toons. Need to do more of my story, but I'm having too much fun finding pets and exploring. haha
xfire-stix9693
Ps3 - SLYGATHOR (LittleBigPlanet, Burnout Paradise, Team Fortress2, Killzone 2)
Wii - 5318 0896 2208 0310
Steam - slygathore
Building a computer is like playing with Legos, the pieces only fit one way
Posted Image

#6 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:46 AM

Does anybody know if there is gonna be a Mac version? I really want this game...

Pretty sure there is, the front page of the Guild Wars 2 website shows the game playing on a mac.

Also, should I buy this online and download it, or should I go to the store and get a hard copy? And Derek, what server are you on?

Edit: Mac version is in Beta right now.

Edited by LV Backpacker, 20 September 2012 - 01:21 PM.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#7 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:33 AM

Yeah after I spent the weekend trying to get it to run on Wine an Bootcamp I saw on their newsletter that there's a Mac Beta. Anyway, anybody playing on Northern Shiverpeaks? Maybe we could get a guild going?

#8 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:37 AM

Anyone else noticing a leveling issue. My main is currently level 12, yet I've gotten to the point in my story where the recommended level is 16 and I've completed all the quests in the area that are below a recommended level of 14. Do they expect me to go to other starting areas to catch up to the quest? because while I like how the questing works, the exp doesn't really match up to how fast they expect you to level up in an area.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#9 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

There may be a zone near your starting point for your level, such a 15-20 or something (cant remember).

#10 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

There may be a zone near your starting point for your level, such a 15-20 or something (cant remember).

Well the problem is I'm not up to 15. Once you reach 15 you have some areas around you to work with, but at 12-14 there doesn't seem to be much area for leveling. I just used the gates to hop over to a different capital city though so I can level up.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#11 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

Ahh ok I'm still a little newer with my main so I didn't have a problem with that yet. Glad you got it figured out.

#12 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

Anyone else noticing a leveling issue. My main is currently level 12, yet I've gotten to the point in my story where the recommended level is 16 and I've completed all the quests in the area that are below a recommended level of 14. Do they expect me to go to other starting areas to catch up to the quest? because while I like how the questing works, the exp doesn't really match up to how fast they expect you to level up in an area.

Are you skipping a lot of stuff? Like not exploring vistas, POI's etc? I usually find myself underleveled but not by that much. There is always more than one zone for the level you need. Like if youre 30, there will be a 25-35 zone and a 30-40 zone. By the time you finish both you'll no doubt be up to level
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#13 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

Its better now, but when I was below 15 I had to go all the way to a different races starting area which, while not a huge deal, is something I'd like to be readjusted. I also wish the map was a bit better at stating the levels of areas so I would know where to go to get the extra levels I need.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#14 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

Characters name: EKLIMORY Class: lvl 46 warrior, Server: ISLE OF JANTHIR
Posted Image

#15 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

http://lastwords.shivtr.com/forums

A guild to apply for

#16 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

http://www.gw2guilds.org/servers/us A guild catalogue

#17 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

My guild and I just claimed a tower in a borderlands map and spent literally all afternoon and evening upgrading it. The other two servers launched a huge attack because this was the only tower we still claimed on that map. We had so many arrow carts and there were so many attackers that I was able to get my 50/50 monthly wvw kills achievement in about 10 minutes of defense.

#18 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Ugh, I love WvW but this game is starting to feel so bland already. I had a great first impression but I feel like there's not really a story involved and every thing's pointless, and therefore makes it feel like a huge grind.

Edited by XxLOPERSxX, 13 October 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#19 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

WvW is really the only reason I keep playing because it's awesome with guildies. I have no interest in pretty much anything PvE anymore. GW1 was a very social game, they removed all of that with GW2, especially the personal story.

Speaking of, I hate the story. GW1 had a fantastic story starting with the charr then moving to the stone summit, white mantle, mursaat and the titans and Vizier Khilbron. I played through it multiple times just because the story was awesome. GW2's story feel so bland and generic.

#20 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

WvW is really the only reason I keep playing because it's awesome with guildies. I have no interest in pretty much anything PvE anymore. GW1 was a very social game, they removed all of that with GW2, especially the personal story.

Speaking of, I hate the story. GW1 had a fantastic story starting with the charr then moving to the stone summit, white mantle, mursaat and the titans and Vizier Khilbron. I played through it multiple times just because the story was awesome. GW2's story feel so bland and generic.

This. ^ Although, PvE hasn't gotten completely boring for me yet, guess it's just a matter of time.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users