4 replies to this topic

#1 TheHunterPreist

TheHunterPreist

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

If you're in a situation where you are all alone and there is an enemy tank and they don't see you and you're hiding, what do you do? Just wade it out, or make a run for it ot try to eliminate it? What would you do?
Setup: Smart Parts SP-1, Viewloader Vlocity, Empire Basic 48/3000
Posted Image

#2 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

Depends if I've got a metadyne with me

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#3 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

If I have something that can take it out i would, Otherwise I would just try to wait it out
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#4 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

Well seeing as how we have two meta's on our crew, mine being one of them, I would generally rush it and try and take the shot (much like I did multiple times at LL5)). Hopefully my team would provide suppressing fire, but Tank Hunting is a tricky thing and often against good tank crews, you have to be well organized.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#5 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

Well seeing as how we have two meta's on our crew, mine being one of them, I would generally rush it and try and take the shot (much like I did multiple times at LL5)). Hopefully my team would provide suppressing fire, but Tank Hunting is a tricky thing and often against good tank crews, you have to be well organized.

Support is HUGE when your tank hunting. A few things to keep in mind when trying to eliminate a tank.

1. Dont approach it/fire at it when the turret is facing you. True the other crew members are watching and may see you but the few seconds it takes to turn the turret to get a shot on you, youve already let a rocket fly.
2. 75% of the time the tank is concerned with the Infantry off of its front and sides. Wait till it passes if you cant move and fire one up its tailpipe! Sure youll likley be eliminated by infantry following the tank but at least the heavy hitter is out of the way.
3. If you have a second Lawman, have him act as a distraction. The tank will zero in on him as hes a threat while you move in from a different angle to get the kill.

Ive come to the realization that tank/bunker busting makes you a BIG target. Dont be surprized if your eliminated more often. Some big pushes have happened due to the effective use of a LAW. If I have to take a walk more often for the greater good of the team then so be it.

Kev
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users