• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Sellingbrokenion

Sellingbrokenion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hey I have seen a number of these mask popping up, but I also notice they have no ASTM or PECC certification. I know at our field you aren't allowed to use them, but i know there are some lax fields where you might see people wearing these. Just try and keep your heads up, bring it to your fields attention. Remember its stuff like this that could really hurt paintball.
http://www.ioffer.co... paintball mask

#2 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

I don't think I'd wear one of those paintballing. Seems like no field of vision and they don't seem like they are comfortable at all.

#3 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

I don't think I'd wear one of those paintballing. Seems like no field of vision and they don't seem like they are comfortable at all.

Or breathable for that matter.

"They found me in an alley way, trying to re-enter the Earths' atmosphere in an old refrigerator box."

#4 Makushin

Makushin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

Many of those that i've seen have the mesh eyepieces.

#5 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,681 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Do you like your eyes? if not, wear one of these.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#6 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

I've seen these marketed for.the airsoft community, but never Paintball..

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#7 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

Do you like your eyes? if not, wear one of these.

Posted Image

#8 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

show up to the field looking tough! go home covered in paint because you cant see what the fuck is going on!
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#9 PieCars

PieCars

Time to nut up or shut up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

I don't think we have to worry about people wearing them, I know I definitely wouldn't pay $110 to suffocate with tunnel vision Posted Image

My Feedback 4/0/0

#10 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

It's made for airsoft. There is no physical barrier besides a mesh screen. Vision isn't that mad, but still there is no solid protection.

#11 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

This isn't bad for paintball. This isn't killing paintball.

#12 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

It if someone gets shot in the eye, it would rip through mesh and it can spark an even more horrible rep
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#13 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

Actually , those masks which use mesh Eyes are intended to have shooting goggles underneath. the shitty ones have screen mesh , good ones use ~3mm steel mesh .

Posted Image

#14 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,978 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

It if someone gets shot in the eye, it would rip through mesh and it can spark an even more horrible rep

• No legit field would let anyone use those without wearing a proper mask, or not at all.
  • If someone did get shot in the eye, it wouldn't give paintball any bad rep, as it would clearly be someone who wasn't abiding by standard paintball safety.
  • The world doesn't care about paintball.
  • Honestly, the world really doesn't care about paintball. The people who hate it already do, and the rest don't care.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#15 p8ntballin007

p8ntballin007

WRECKER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

Masks like that are not safe for paintball... That said the real versions of them are just fine. A real version and not a Army of 2 look alike is meant to stop a bullet, so a paintball would be no problem.

One of the refs at LL5 had one of those as his typical mask, but to my knowledge it was a real one.

#16 Sellingbrokenion

Sellingbrokenion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

• No legit field would let anyone use those without wearing a proper mask, or not at all.
  • If someone did get shot in the eye, it wouldn't give paintball any bad rep, as it would clearly be someone who wasn't abiding by standard paintball safety.
  • The world doesn't care about paintball.
  • Honestly, the world really doesn't care about paintball. The people who hate it already do, and the rest don't care.

1. I would say define legit field, and also I guarantee after spending $110 on a mask that is advertised as for paintball people will try and sneak it on.
2. Also paintball always gets a bad rap from anyone doing anything wrong, with anything to do with paintball even if he only played once gives paintball a bad rap. (remember the movie shootings?)
3. The world is just as spastic about paintball as it is played in almost every country, If there is no active war there is going to be a paintball field.
4. Paintball is a sport that requires a new supply of players to keep going. A lot of those players are under 18, the rely on parents to drive them and to finance them playing any sport or hobby. If people can make a better case for paintball being unsafe you will see a drop off of new players just simply because parents wont pay for the kids to play.

#17 Sellingbrokenion

Sellingbrokenion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

Masks like that are not safe for paintball... That said the real versions of them are just fine. A real version and not a Army of 2 look alike is meant to stop a bullet, so a paintball would be no problem.

One of the refs at LL5 had one of those as his typical mask, but to my knowledge it was a real one.

Since the real ones have no ASTM certification it would put even CPX at a huge risk of insurance not covering cost if something wrong happened. Going out there with non compliant safety equipment would fit under the gross negligence and leave them open to law suit. More so if it is a ref there in charge of safety.
Also people who don't think they will see them guess again I have already seen them at our field.

#18 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

I don't think you guys know how these are used... Youre just freaking out because these are airsoft related...

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users