28 replies to this topic

#1 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

I as wondering what size tank for scenario games. I am going to a 5 hour scenario on Oct. 28th and My 48/3000 will do for that, but I will be joining a league. When I get my GoG eXTCy I am getting a Ninja 50/4500 would I need a bigger tank than that 50/4500 for longer scenarios?

Primary-SP1 Blackheart with RAPS II asa                Back Up/Loaner-Tippmann Alpha Black

ANS 68/4500                                                              Guerrilla Air 48/3000 

GXG 4+5 Pod Pack-Camo                                         4+5 orGxG  4+1 

FASTA 18v LED-Smoke                                             JT Shake 'n Bake

Proto Switch FS-Camo                                               Switch FS or Tippmann Mask                                      

#2 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

how much paint do you plan on shooting

#3 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

how much paint do you plan on shooting

For the 5 hour?

Primary-SP1 Blackheart with RAPS II asa                Back Up/Loaner-Tippmann Alpha Black

ANS 68/4500                                                              Guerrilla Air 48/3000 

FASTA 18v LED-Smoke                                             JT Shake 'n Bake

Proto Switch FS-Camo                                               Switch FS or Tippmann Mask                                      

#4 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

ProTip: Don't be the guy who stays on the field for the full 5 hours and is on the brink of pure exhaustion because he didn't take a break.

Go for like 1.5 hours, then take a quick 15-30 minute break to get some R&R&R (Rest, Relation and Refills). Repeat.

I would say a 50/4500 should be good enough, unless you get into some intense battles.

#5 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

ProTip: Don't be the guy who stays on the field for the full 5 hours and is on the brink of pure exhaustion because he didn't take a break.

Go for like 1.5 hours, then take a quick 15-30 minute break to get some R&R&R (Rest, Relation and Refills). Repeat.

I would say a 50/4500 should be good enough, unless you get into some intense battles.

They switch the sides and I am sure they will give us breaks

#6 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

Still. Just be sure to take breaks, and take em semi-often.

#7 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

Thanks :) I am planning to shoot about a case, but I am buying 2 just incase. It is amazing how much paint you blow thru, plus I have a first timer going w me (she really wants to get into it)

#8 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

Thanks :) I am planning to shoot about a case, but I am buying 2 just incase. It is amazing how much paint you blow thru, plus I have a first timer going w me (she really wants to get into it)

Lol at last sentence.
Back on topic,How tall are you?If you are tall/big enough for a 68/4500,I suggest getting one.I believe it gets about a bag more on average per fill than a 50/4500.If it is too long,then that's ok,I doubt you will be shooting more than 500-600 balls before a break.

#9 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

Lol at last sentence.
Back on topic,How tall are you?If you are tall/big enough for a 68/4500,I suggest getting one.I believe it gets about a bag more on average per fill than a 50/4500.If it is too long,then that's ok,I doubt you will be shooting more than 500-600 balls before a break.

I really need to read before I post haha
I will be running a remote, but not on the eXTCy I am 5'11"

#10 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

If this will be you tank for rec play as well,then get a 50/45.If this is you dedicated scenario tank,then get a 68/4500.It also just occurs to me that you are probably a teenage boy,so I would suggest a 68/4500 because you will grow into it.

#11 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

If this will be you tank for rec play as well,then get a 50/45.If this is you dedicated scenario tank,then get a 68/4500.It also just occurs to me that you are probably a teenage boy,so I would suggest a 68/4500 because you will grow into it.

I am 16. When I get my G1 next year I was getting a 68/4500 for scenario

#12 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

If you are getting a 68/45 next year,then get a 50/45 now.

#13 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

I plan on a 50/45 in march/april and the G1 by july

#14 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

Why can't I understand this?(no sarcasm,its early)

#15 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

I use a G1 with a Pinokio, 12-16 pods and a 90/45 tank because I like to be able to come on and off the field withour waiting in the air line. I run the 90 on my back though.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#16 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

Why can't I understand this?(no sarcasm,its early)

I dont even understand what I say half the time

#17 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

I use a G1 with a Pinokio, 12-16 pods and a 90/45 tank because I like to be able to come on and off the field withour waiting in the air line. I run the 90 on my back though.

I can see that

#18 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

Wow,I derped.
Why not run a remote line?

#19 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Wow,I derped.

I think he does

#20 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

These tanks are great for scenarios.

Spoiler

Edited by kingJurzy, 14 September 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#21 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Spoiler

Where can I get one and how much?

Edited by Klown, 14 September 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#22 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

Wow,I derped.

I think he does

I meant for you

#23 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

Wow,I derped.

I think he does

I meant for you

I do run a remote. I went and played today and I saw something that pissed me off

Edited by Klown, 15 September 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#24 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Me want story

#25 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

Me want story

Shot a guy in the knee and SAW him wipe the hit and another person saw him do it to after he fired about 30 shots at the guy (he was moving cover to cover)

#26 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Me want story

Shot a guy in the knee and SAW him wipe the hit and another person saw him do it to after he fired about 30 shots at the guy (he was moving cover to cover)

Douches gonna be douches.
And if you use a remote line,then I say get an 88/4500

#27 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

Me want story

Douches gonna be douches.
And if you use a remote line,then I say get an 88/4500

Then some kid probably about 9 or 10 got shot in the elbow and someone continued to light him up and in the end he was crying (he had played before)
Alright on the tank I was considering that or a 90/4500 it's gonna be a while though, probably next may. If I have the money I will most likely order in April at the earliest when I order my little cousin's gear for his birthday

#28 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

Spoiler

They are a few million (add 5 million on the side for a few tank rounds). They can be found at your local Russian mall or alleyway.

#29 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Spoiler

They are a few million (add 5 million on the side for a few tank rounds). They can be found at your local Russian mall or alleyway.

I will check this weekend

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users