45 replies to this topic

#1 DBeck

DBeck

Dem Milkshakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

hey guys i need a new gun for snake just tell me what you think is good and dont reccomend the axe cuz i hate it :D also how is the invasion?

#2 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

Whatever feels best in your hands. Personally I really prefer any macrolineless gun. I shoot a g6r and love it

#3 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,919 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

Whatever marker will put paintballs down range. There is no "snake" marker, it's whatever works best for you.

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

Whatever marker will put paintballs down range. There is no "snake" marker, it's whatever works best for you.

#5 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

This
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#6 Ohio Backlash

Ohio Backlash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

I think the invert mini is a good low end gun but it is very compact
Always happy to help!

#7 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

world cup I did the Axe, stock 12" barrel, Z2 and Ninja 68/4500 pro

super tiny setup for snake

#8 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Honestly, I would go spool valve. Mainly just to have a fully enclosed system. A vast majority of the time it makes absolutely zero difference. However, if you're playing paintball that one day where there's a mud puddle in the snake and you need to do work, then having that enclosed system helps. Honestly since I'm no fan of the Proto Reflex Rail, I don't know what I would do. Of the markers I am familiar with I would probably go for a used Geo2, but if you're stuck with new you might consider an Planet Eclipse Etha. I don't have any experience with the Etha so take that with a grain of salt though. If money is no object, I would go with a Geo3. If you're on a budget, I would recommend a used PM8 or a new GoG eXTCy.

Posted Image

#9 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

with snake it's nice to have an enclosed bolt because with your diving and crawling it's easy to get dirt in your breach if you have a stacked tube. so inline poppets or spools would be my gun for snake. and the invasion is pretty good. with snake you want a tighter setup so a slightly shorter barrel could be a little helpful in that department

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#10 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

The tightest setup I can think of for similar prices to the axe,drone dx with a 50/4500 or even a 68 if you want the capacity You could also get a smaller barrel, but i tend to like 14 inches no matter what I'm playing. Also, another reason spools and inlines are good for snake is they are quieter. I've had plenty of situations where Ive been in snake and shot both dorritos out, just because they couldn't hear me shooting over the sound of my friend with an etek :P
Look at used highend from a couple of years ago if on a budget. If not on as much of a budget, a few people at my field have luxes and they are reaaallly quiet. DMs are also really quiet, and you can pick them up for pretty cheap

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#11 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

My laugh but last time I played snake I shoot a empire Trracer with a 14" lapco bigshot assault, tech t barrel sizer kit. Had a Petrol fore grip/bipod on it. Hopper was a sport shot and tank was a 13ci/3000psi. Worked awesome for me lol.

But seriously there is much hate on this board for the gun But if you can pick one up Cheap used I'd strongly recommend the Dangerouse Power E1. With a few up grades it's the tightest setup I have ever shot. Only thing I have upgraded on mine is I put on a clamping feed neck. If you want it for ramping play then you would also need a different board as stock it's only really semi auto (personally I hate ramping and refuse to use it).
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#12 OrbitalPB

OrbitalPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

My laugh but last time I played snake I shoot a empire Trracer with a 14" lapco bigshot assault, tech t barrel sizer kit. Had a Petrol fore grip/bipod on it. Hopper was a sport shot and tank was a 13ci/3000psi. Worked awesome for me lol.

But seriously there is much hate on this board for the gun But if you can pick one up Cheap used I'd strongly recommend the Dangerouse Power E1. With a few up grades it's the tightest setup I have ever shot. Only thing I have upgraded on mine is I put on a clamping feed neck. If you want it for ramping play then you would also need a different board as stock it's only really semi auto (personally I hate ramping and refuse to use it).

I hope you're kidding.
Personally I go with poppits for anything because of personal preference- get a etek or an ego if you have the money.

#13 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

I hope you're kidding.
Personally I go with poppits for anything because of personal preference- get a etek or an ego if you have the money.
[/quote]

Why I actually love my E1. I have had it for over a year now had no issues with it that a bit of lube did not clear up. I play woods ball, speed ball, scenario. It works great for all. And original poster asked for advice on a good small shooter that work good in the snake.

There for I offered my opinion. The E1 is tiny is a great semi auto shooter and stupid simple. Add in the fact that being a dump valve spoolie the bolt and internals are enclosed it works great in the snake were ya can end up with lots of dirt and grime flyin. Can't tell ya how much time I spent crawling in the dirt with that gun in hand.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#14 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

May I suggest a SAR 12?

#15 DBeck

DBeck

Dem Milkshakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

May I suggest a SAR 12?

to small bro :dodgy: (thats what she said :lol: )

#16 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

lol cross fielding with a SAR12 makes me lulz.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#17 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Any gun works for any position. A small, single tube gun might be best though just for a smaller profile.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#18 MIKEMAN902

MIKEMAN902

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

i prefer all spoolie guns with no macroline

#19 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

whatever gun gives you the smallest profile and yet you feel comfortable with ... you gotta be able to run with it, dive with it, so balance in your grip is important. snake players targets are generally very close, so you can get away with a much shorter barrel, no bigger than 6"... you aren't gonna be shooting all the way downfield, generally just a bunker away. a small tank and short tank reg, and a hopper that is not a monstrosity.

Edited by stinkfingr, 30 January 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#20 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Any gun will work in any position, its what you like. As to people saying a sealed body marker, I think that's great for any position. If its super heavy rain or snow and I'm planning on getting down and dirty, I usually reach for one of my shockers or a marker without holes leading to the internals.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#21 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

I'm trying to get all closed bolt because a group that I play woodsball with likes to shoot people in the back of the marker to try and keep people off the field and gain a numbers advantage. So I would agree closed bolt would be the beat for snake.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#22 mike838

mike838

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

I'm trying to get all closed bolt because a group that I play woodsball with likes to shoot people in the back of the marker to try and keep people off the field and gain a numbers advantage. So I would agree closed bolt would be the beat for snake.

I am confused as to what shooting someone in the back of the marker would do to the gun? Ya paint and a bit of shell might find its way inside where the bolt travels but most markers that have a blow back also have a super simple tool less removal of the bolt and about 30s of cleaning with your shirt would put you back into the game. maybe you could argue you would need to relube the bolt but that is another 30s, having to wait to re-spawn would be way more than enough time to clean your bolt.

My next question is, how/why are these people actually hitting the back of other peoples' markers? First off the only way to hit the open bolt from being in front of the person is to have a perfect lob shot (not impossible but unlikely), 2nd way, would be from the side or behind the person. I am assuming they are getting extremely close (like right behind or beside the person) to be able to hit the exact spot where the open bolt is, which in that case, how are they getting so close without getting shot? [bunkering is a possibility but once again unlikely, due the quick nature of a good bunker does not leave time for precision firing, just aim for the back/pack/torso, see the breaks and keep going]

#23 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

I am confused as to what shooting someone in the back of the marker would do to the gun? Ya paint and a bit of shell might find its way inside where the bolt travels but most markers that have a blow back also have a super simple tool less removal of the bolt and about 30s of cleaning with your shirt would put you back into the game. maybe you could argue you would need to relube the bolt but that is another 30s, having to wait to re-spawn would be way more than enough time to clean your bolt.

My next question is, how/why are these people actually hitting the back of other peoples' markers? First off the only way to hit the open bolt from being in front of the person is to have a perfect lob shot (not impossible but unlikely), 2nd way, would ebe from the side or behind the person. I am assuming they are getting extremely close (like right behind or beside the person) to be able to hit the exact spot where the open bolt is, which in that case, how are they getting so close without getting shot? [bunkering is a possibility but once again unlikely, due the quick nature of a good bunker does not leave time for precision firing, just aim for the back/pack/torso, see the breaks and keep going]

With a stacked tube poppet shell fragments jam up the bolt. That is there mind set. I didn't believe it until I saw it happen a few times. I was under the mind set that the pneumatics would be strong enough to push through the shell but I was wrong.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#24 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

My next question is, how/why are these people actually hitting the back of other peoples' markers? First off the only way to hit the open bolt from being in front of the person is to have a perfect lob shot (not impossible but unlikely), 2nd way, would ebe from the side or behind the person. I am assuming they are getting extremely close (like right behind or beside the person) to be able to hit the exact spot where the open bolt is, which in that case, how are they getting so close without getting shot? [bunkering is a possibility but once again unlikely, due the quick nature of a good bunker does not leave time for precision firing, just aim for the back/pack/torso, see the breaks and keep going]

With a stacked tube poppet shell fragments jam up the bolt. That is there mind set. I didn't believe it until I saw it happen a few times. I was under the mind set that the pneumatics would be strong enough to push through the shell but I was wrong.

am I the only one that sees that as a Dick move? Posted Image theres nothing worse then having to sit out a match because you gotta tech your marker (or someone elses).
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#25 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

am I the only one that sees that as a Dick move? Posted Image theres nothing worse then having to sit out a match because you gotta tech your marker (or someone elses).

Oh yeah its a Dick move. But I don't wanna hear any crying when I go all first strike this summer with my dam.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#26 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Oh yeah its a Dick move. But I don't wanna hear any crying when I go all first strike this summer with my dam.

all my markers are closed bolt at the moment so no worries.
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#27 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Also, most people don't do that. Most people go for shooting inside the hopper as it's a much bigger target and the speedfeed opening lets it gum everything up.

Posted Image

#28 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,083 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Its ENclosed bolt, not closed. Autocockers and Excaliburs are closed bolt, which means that the bolt is forward and closing the breach when at rest.

#29 Jake_Thomas

Jake_Thomas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

I play snake and play in tournaments. I use a planet eclipse etek 4 lt. Some people say that it's 2 loud but when I practice paintball I play up and play people that are currently d2/d3/d4 and they are constantly shooting so It doesn't really matter how loudy gun is. And I love my etek 4 and I upgraded it to a hush bolt and it made it even better. So long story short check out he Etek 4.

#30 FMC

FMC

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

Just outta curiosity why do you hate the axe?

#31 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

That sounds like a good way to get shot in the nuts or the throat if word gets out you're doing that intentionally. Don't cry if someone bunkers you and stitches your back up in revenge.

Edited by dosh, 19 March 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#32 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

That sounds like a good way to get shot in the nuts or the throat if word gets out you're doing that intentionally. Don't cry if someone bunkers you and stitches your back up in revenge.

I said that's what a group I play with does. I'm not a sucker punching bitch that. Did you even read the rest of my conversation with everyone else or was that comment just a knee jerk reaction on your part. If that is next time read the rest of the topic before you jump down someone's throat.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#33 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

I said that's what a group I play with does. I'm not a sucker punching bitch that. Did you even read the rest of my conversation with everyone else or was that comment just a knee jerk reaction on your part. If that is next time read the rest of the topic before you jump down someone's throat.

No I read your posts, the way I took it was that this was something you had plans on when you popped up with the D.A.M. and First Strike rounds. I'm sorry I misunderstood you. You should shoot those guys in the nuts.

#34 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

No I read your posts, the way I took it was that this was something you had plans on when you popped up with the D.A.M. and First Strike rounds. I'm sorry I misunderstood you. You should shoot those guys in the nuts.

Alls good. And the fact that they're not gonna be able to get within like 300 feet of will be epic enough. I already know they are gonna be crying that I have an advantage first strikes. And BTW welcome to techpb.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#35 dyercr108

dyercr108

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

Boblong vics are nice cuz now u can get vcom system in the oldet matkets so you can go spool or poppit.

#36 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

I would do this^ and I would go for anything macroless. Also, look for something nice and tight because It is less of a target and you can move around easier.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

#37 Slipurknot15

Slipurknot15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

My Dangerous Power g5 works fine for snake
PM ME ABOUT PAINTBALL DRAWINGS

#38 johnnyd1235

johnnyd1235

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Go with Proto Reflex rail if you got the money, It is the same as the Eteck 4 which is better for dorito

Pros of proto:
-quiet
-efficient
-closed in (no internals sticking out
-grips
-asa
-reg
-bolt
-feed neck
Cons:
-little heavy
Im a paintBALLER

#39 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

anything at all, i would choose a geo 3 because of the grip, easy mainntenace, etc.

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#40 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:07 AM

world cup I did the Axe, stock 12" barrel, Z2 and Ninja 68/4500 pro

super tiny setup for snake

Mike, how do you like the Drone DX? I already watched your review on it but some things have changed that you didn't like about it, such as the price and board settings (PSP mode was fixed).

Maryland Paintballer

#41 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

Also, there is no real specific gun for the snake. Just choose the gun you like and are comfortable with.

Maryland Paintballer

#42 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

Go with Proto Reflex rail if you got the money, It is the same as the Eteck 4 which is better for dorito

Pros of proto:
-quiet
-efficient
-closed in (no internals sticking out
-grips
-asa
-reg
-bolt
-feed neck
Cons:
-little heavy

The rails are anything but efficient. My 98 almost has the same efficiency
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#43 SnapShotPB

SnapShotPB

Uhhhhh... I play paintball...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

i prefer all spoolie guns with no macroline

Yup me too. Last time i played snake with a macroline gun, i drug it on the ground and my macro line broke

Wish I could play paintball every day... :(

#44 MiniLegend

MiniLegend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

Even though the Invert Mini is a pop-it valve, it does not have any internals sticking out like a stacked tubed gun. This with the super tight set this gun is almost perfect for snake.

#45 SnapShotPB

SnapShotPB

Uhhhhh... I play paintball...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

Even though the Invert Mini is a pop-it valve, it does not have any internals sticking out like a stacked tubed gun. This with the super tight set this gun is almost perfect for snake.

sir... it's not pop-it... It's poppet

Wish I could play paintball every day... :(

#46 Legit Balla

Legit Balla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

Lots of hate is directed towards the mini but I love mine.  If you like the way it feels in your hands, go for it, it is a great shooter for the money.  If you want something more mid end, I'd suggest a drone dx or marq.  High enders new/used would be the geo or victory or dm series

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users