Photo

Iphone vs Android

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: Iphone vs Android (54 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you prefer?

1. Voted Iphone (16 votes [29.63%])

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

2. Voted Android (38 votes [70.37%])

Percentage of vote: 70.37%

3. Blackberry (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

So I will need a phone soon, and I was wondering what you guys think is the better phone an Iphone or Android or Blackberry (even though i know they're bad).

#2 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

Blackberrys blow. They are poorly made and I have seen countless go down. My brother and both parents use them, and they go through at least 4 (1 new and the subsequent replacements) each contract period.

Now the argument should be between iOS and Android. Have you had hands on experience with both? Are there any apps or features that you absolutely need? For iOS, you have 3 choices: the iPhone 4 (16gb model free with a new contract), iPhone 4s (16gb model $99 with new contact) and the iPhone 5 ($199 16gb model with new contact). Add $100 to those prices for 16gb more internal storage. All of those have fantastic screens, desent video and stills, front facing camera, fair Internet browser, very responsive screen (androids feel a little laggy in a side by side comparison).

For android, you have a host of choices. I have used a samsung galaxy s II and liked it, but I wouldn't trade my iPhone for it. On alot of the android devices, the screens are a bit big for me and aren't that comfortable in my pocket. And the large screen leads to not as sharp of a picture if you are used to a retina display or other high resolution display.

It may sound like I'm bashing android, but I don't have much experience with them and thats what I've gathered based on my limited interactions. The operating system isn't bad, but I havnt been that thrilled with alot of the hardware it has been installed on. in my personal opinion, the iPhone is the superior device. It has a level of fit and finish I don't really see in most phones, it's very aesthetically pleasing, has all the features I want, and damnit I just really like them. I believe they are the yard stick that other phones are measured by. Other phones may be as good as it, but there isn't really anything truely better. There's a reason it's the only line of phones I have used for the last 5 years.

Edited by TacticlTwinkie, 15 September 2012 - 11:05 AM.

#3 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

Well, the iPhone is nice. It's simple, looks decent, and works well. But that's mostly it. There's nothing extra about the iPhone, other than being the same as most phones these days (albeit it's an Apple product so hippies love it).

I've owned an Android phone for quite some time, and will be getting another one within a couple of weeks actually. The thing about Android phones, is that they have very updated hardware in comparison to the iPhone. Android phones generally have more RAM, a faster processor, and more apps in the Play Store are free compared to paying a dollar or three in the App Store. That's just my $.02 though.
Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#4 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

Go to whatever carrier store you have, (Verizon, At&t, etc) and play around with the phones. The android phones are nicer because you have something called options which iphone doesn't really have. The iphone on the other hand will be easier to use and simpler for most people. But I like Android and I will never get an iphone or product running ios unless given to me.

#5 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

Take it from an iPhone owner right now. Unless you jailbreak it, it's not that fun. It just serves the same purpose of a phone with games on it. It's not that special.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#6 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,917 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

iPhone has no back button, so it's a no go for me.

#7 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

Holy shit you're right. No wonder I love my Incredible. :lol:
Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#8 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

I wonder what that round button is then, the one I've been using as a dedicated back button. Or the arrow looking thing that appears on the screen to go back to the past menu if you don't want to go to the home screen.
The iPhone has a back button.

Android is fun and all, but they've proved to be way too unreliable if you make use of all the open-ness. And in my eyes a smartphone is something you should be able to play music on, call people, message people, play a few games on and maybe write down some notes or snap a picture with. The iPhone does all this just as good if not better than Android phones. Plus it's fast and reliable, and you won't get a virus on an iPhone. Short said, I want a fast, reliable and simple phone. That's what the iPhone kicks all Android phones ass on, so that's why I love it. If you want the stuff Android based phones can offer but the iPhone don't then your choice should be simple.

Although, recently I've fell in love with Nokia's OS, the one they had on the Nokia N9. If it wasn't for my sim-card not working properly in that phone I'd keep using it.

Edited by Nobben #44, 15 September 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#9 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Just some words of advice:

If somebody tells you that Blackberries are good, you need to stop hanging out with people who work there.

I love you.

#10 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

I wonder what that round button is then, the one I've been using as a dedicated back button. Or the arrow looking thing that appears on the screen to go back to the past menu if you don't want to go to the home screen.

I'm pretty sure that round button sends you to the home screen, not the previous screen. ;) It might have an arrow on the screen, I don't know, I didn't find one when I was messing around with my friend's iPhone, and I looked really hard. I even asked my buddy, and he said that no, his iPhone didn't have a back button, and that's one thing he wished Apple would learn from Android. And he's a die hard iPhone fanatic, so I believe that if it had a back button, he'd know about it. Maybe it's just his, maybe your's is different, I don't know. But the main thing Android has over the iPhone, is memory. You buy an Android, but there's only two gigs of storage space in the phone. You decide you want more memory than that, so you go out, buy a 32gb microSD card for $20, and you now have a total of 34gb of storage space in the phone. You buy a 16gb iPhone, decide you want more storage space because you have a lot of music, and what do you do? Go out and buy a new iPhone for several hundred dollars.

I think I'll stick with Android.

Just some words of advice:

If somebody tells you that Blackberries are good, you need to stop hanging out with people who work there.

#11 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

TK...are you high? The Iphone has a back button...on every screen...

I have owned 1 iphone and 2 androids, the iphone blows the androids out of the water.

#12 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

I have owned 1 iphone and 2 androids, the iphone blows the androids out of the water.

Like I said, I dicked around with the iPhone, I wasn't a hardcore user like you two. :P

#13 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

Like I said, I dicked around with the iPhone, I wasn't a hardcore user like you two. :P

It's right there. How can you even miss it?
Look, arrow pointing back and the name of the previous menu. And back from there again would be the home screen anyway, so then you use the round button.
Posted Image

#14 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

I think he's referring to the back button that the Android's have that take them back to the previous page regardless of where they are on the phone. Like, home screen, press back button, goes back to webpage on internet browser.

iPhone doesn't have that.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#15 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

I think he's referring to the back button that the Android's have that take them back to the previous page regardless of where they are on the phone. Like, home screen, press back button, goes back to webpage on internet browser.

Double click the home button and every app that you have opened and not closed is still their, ready to go to whatever you were doing last. (hint, pushing the home button doesn't close apps, it just suspends them).

IMHO, I'd say go with Apple.

My friend has an Android phone, and he's always having problems.
The only 'droid phone I'd consider is the Samsung G S 3 or two.

Althought Apples CS is shit, the phones are more reliable.
My sister has had her blackberry touch pad thing go down four times, at $40 a repair (grand total of $160 for a cheap, bad phone with bad battery life, and crashes alot).

Spelling will be fixed later

Edited by Blade of grass, 27 October 2012 - 07:23 AM.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#16 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

See , Iphones are good if you want a phone that does all the basic functions, it texts, phones plays music etc..
But that's not what us android owners want , we want to have something customizable , fast and we want more functions. The Iphone just does not do that. The way I describe the difference between the two , Iphones are closed systems , Androids are open systems.

Posted Image

#17 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

See , Iphones are good if you want a phone that does all the basic functions, it texts, phones plays music etc..
But that's not what us android owners want , we want to have something customizable , fast and we want more functions. The Iphone just does not do that. The way I describe the difference between the two , Iphones are closed systems , Androids are open systems.

Ehem, jailbreak.

I see what you mean, but fast is a little silly...the 4s has a great processor...

Basically that's what it comes down to, if you want to have to manually kill apps and such go android, if you want to have a good phone that is simple at the same time go iphone.

#18 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

Let's take the logical step shall we? (I've owned both sets of phones, 3g - 3GS 4's, and Droid Incredible - SIII and One X)

iPhone:
-Apps. Lots of apps. There's no getting around that. But have to be purchased through the AppStore, unless Jailbroken.
-iTunes, needed for every computer transfer
-Only plays MP3's and MP4'
-No 3rd party app support without Jailbreaking
-No widgets or customizing the phone deeply, and you can't re-arange your home screen icons. (By that I mean, move them however the hell you want) unless Jailbroken
-What you buy GB wise, you're stuck with until your contracts up, or you want to shell out an exuberant amount of money to buy it out of contract.

Android:
-Most of the iPhone apps, and most of the paid iPhone apps on Android are FREE. Plus multiple ways to download Apps, Amazons App store, SlideMe, Play Store (Google), etc
-Almost all file types are supported by Android as far as Video and Music files. And if it isn't supported, there are a plethora of free Apps to play them with.
-3rd party app support out of the box
-Every file transfer from any PC can be done straight through that OS' explorer. (Linux is supported for most Android phones as well)
-Customizable with widgets, homescreen wallpapers that Scroll (Most phones, not all of them), and you can re-arrange the home screen however you like with your app shortcuts. You also have an app drawer to see every app on your phone. All out of the box.
-Plus you get MicroUSB support and ALMOST every Android phone has MicroSD card support, so it's expandable up to 64GB
-Once rooted, you can delve deeper in the Android ecosystem, and ROM your phone, with different modified versions of Android's OS. For specific functions (if you need better batter life , etc), or just for purely cosmetic purposes.

It all comes down to what you want to do with the phone specifically.
EDIT: Just an FYI, most Android phones auto kill inactive apps now, it's been built into the phones since Gingerbread, or 2.3. (And it's been in HTC phones even longer than that)

Edited by Stix, 15 September 2012 - 06:50 PM.

xfire-stix9693
Ps3 - SLYGATHOR (LittleBigPlanet, Burnout Paradise, Team Fortress2, Killzone 2)
Wii - 5318 0896 2208 0310
Steam - slygathore
Building a computer is like playing with Legos, the pieces only fit one way
Posted Image

#19 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

And also , some Androids come with gorilla glass. :D
and LTE Androids have been up for months the first LTE Iphone came out yesterday.

Also , mentioning something that is not stock and that voids the warranty ( Jailbreaking) isn't a valid point..

Posted Image

#20 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

Let's take the logical step shall we? (I've owned both sets of phones, 3g - 3GS 4's, and Droid Incredible - SIII and One X)iPhone:-Apps. Lots of apps. There's no getting around that. But have to be purchased through the AppStore, unless Jailbroken. -iTunes, needed for every computer transfer-Only plays MP3's and MP4'-No 3rd party app support without Jailbreaking-No widgets or customizing the phone deeply, and you can't re-arange your home screen icons. (By that I mean, move them however the hell you want) unless Jailbroken-What you buy GB wise, you're stuck with until your contracts up, or you want to shell out an exuberant amount of money to buy it out of contract. Android:-Most of the iPhone apps, and most of the paid iPhone apps on Android are FREE. Plus multiple ways to download Apps, Amazons App store, SlideMe, Play Store (Google), etc-Almost all file types are supported by Android as far as Video and Music files. And if it isn't supported, there are a plethora of free Apps to play them with. -3rd party app support out of the box-Every file transfer from any PC can be done straight through that OS' explorer. (Linux is supported for most Android phones as well)-Customizable with widgets, homescreen wallpapers that Scroll (Most phones, not all of them), and you can re-arrange the home screen however you like with your app shortcuts. You also have an app drawer to see every app on your phone. All out of the box. -Plus you get MicroUSB support and ALMOST every Android phone has MicroSD card support, so it's expandable up to 64GB-Once rooted, you can delve deeper in the Android ecosystem, and ROM your phone, with different modified versions of Android's OS. For specific functions (if you need better batter life , etc), or just for purely cosmetic purposes. It all comes down to what you want to do with the phone specifically.EDIT: Just an FYI, most Android phones auto kill inactive apps now, it's been built into the phones since Gingerbread, or 2.3. (And it's been in HTC phones even longer than that)

:huh: You can re-arrange any app on the iPhone, so I'm confused on what you mean by

you can't re-arange your home screen icons. (By that I mean, move them however the hell you want) unless Jailbroken

And also , some Androids come with gorilla glass. :D and LTE Androids have been up for months the first LTE Iphone came out yesterday.Also , mentioning something that is not stock and that voids the warranty ( Jailbreaking) isn't a valid point..

The new iPhone has gorilla glass.
Also, LTE they was good reasoning behind the no LTE (it would of made the shit battery life shittier on top of the other reasons.)

48fhih.png

#21 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

Last time I checked there wasn't a feature like that on all Android phones. At least my HTC wildfire and my Xperia Play didn't have that. Nothing happened when you pressed back at the home screen.
Besides, you just open the app again on the iPhone and it will take you to where you was, not until you shut it down will it reset.(Double tapping the home button and closing it there)

Also, he even said he was dicking around with one and couldn't find the back button that is on the screen in every app I've ever tried on the iPhone that has menus.
But enough with that, it's a stupid argument.

Like redcobra said, Apple uses a closed system while the Android system is open.
Although, Android phones are NOT faster than the iPhone. Some of them might be yes, but not all.

Another thing, someone said that you don't have to manually kill apps with the iPhone. Well, you have to. Ever wondered why some people's iPhones can be slow and use a fuckton of battery? Well, they haven't shut down apps since they rebooted the phone.

Edited by Nobben #44, 15 September 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#22 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Just do this. Find a nice android phone you are interested in, then go to google and type (phone name here) vs (iphone version here) and watch/read some reviews.

Edited by Yumago, 15 September 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#23 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Last time I checked there wasn't a feature like that on all Android phones. At least my HTC wildfire and my Xperia Play didn't have that. Nothing happened when you pressed back at the home screen.
Besides, you just open the app again on the iPhone and it will take you to where you was, not until you shut it down will it reset.(Double tapping the home button and closing it there)

Also, he even said he was dicking around with one and couldn't find the back button that is on the screen in every app I've ever tried on the iPhone that has menus.
But enough with that, it's a stupid argument.

Like redcobra said, Apple uses a closed system while the Android system is open.
Although, Android phones are NOT faster than the iPhone. Some of them might be yes, but not all.

Another thing, someone said that you don't have to manually kill apps with the iPhone. Well, you have to. Ever wondered why some people's iPhones can be slow and use a fuckton of battery? Well, they haven't shut down apps since they rebooted the phone.

Only on certain apps, definitely not most of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmh4gqlEMMo&feature=plcp

Anyways to the OP:
I'd go with a nice Android over an iPhone, something like a Galaxy SIII or Note 2 which is about to come out. If you buy a cheap Android it'll run like crap, if you get a nice one it will run fine. If you're willing to wait a couple months to buy a phone though I'd look into WP8, should be amazing.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#24 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

Let's take the logical step shall we? (I've owned both sets of phones, 3g - 3GS 4's, and Droid Incredible - SIII and One X)iPhone:-Apps. Lots of apps. There's no getting around that. But have to be purchased through the AppStore, unless Jailbroken. -iTunes, needed for every computer transfer-Only plays MP3's and MP4'-No 3rd party app support without Jailbreaking-No widgets or customizing the phone deeply, and you can't re-arange your home screen icons. (By that I mean, move them however the hell you want) unless Jailbroken-What you buy GB wise, you're stuck with until your contracts up, or you want to shell out an exuberant amount of money to buy it out of contract. Android:-Most of the iPhone apps, and most of the paid iPhone apps on Android are FREE. Plus multiple ways to download Apps, Amazons App store, SlideMe, Play Store (Google), etc-Almost all file types are supported by Android as far as Video and Music files. And if it isn't supported, there are a plethora of free Apps to play them with. -3rd party app support out of the box-Every file transfer from any PC can be done straight through that OS' explorer. (Linux is supported for most Android phones as well)-Customizable with widgets, homescreen wallpapers that Scroll (Most phones, not all of them), and you can re-arrange the home screen however you like with your app shortcuts. You also have an app drawer to see every app on your phone. All out of the box. -Plus you get MicroUSB support and ALMOST every Android phone has MicroSD card support, so it's expandable up to 64GB-Once rooted, you can delve deeper in the Android ecosystem, and ROM your phone, with different modified versions of Android's OS. For specific functions (if you need better batter life , etc), or just for purely cosmetic purposes. It all comes down to what you want to do with the phone specifically.EDIT: Just an FYI, most Android phones auto kill inactive apps now, it's been built into the phones since Gingerbread, or 2.3. (And it's been in HTC phones even longer than that)

:huh: You can re-arrange any app on the iPhone, so I'm confused on what you mean by

you can't re-arange your home screen icons. (By that I mean, move them however the hell you want) unless Jailbroken

And also , some Androids come with gorilla glass. :D and LTE Androids have been up for months the first LTE Iphone came out yesterday.Also , mentioning something that is not stock and that voids the warranty ( Jailbreaking) isn't a valid point..

The new iPhone has gorilla glass.
Also, LTE they was good reasoning behind the no LTE (it would of made the shit battery life shittier on top of the other reasons.)

By re-arrange I mean move and place wherever you want them. On the Android Home screen you can place shortcuts much like on the desktop of a computer, wherever you want, and however many, or little you want (barring it's within the 4x4 space of the home screen). Same with widgets. On an iPhone, if you move a shortcut, it'll go where you want it to, but the other icons will shift to make room.
To further explain, this is what I mean:
Posted Image

Edited by Stix, 15 September 2012 - 09:26 PM.

xfire-stix9693
Steam - slygathore
Posted Image

#25 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:32 PM

Oh, I get what you mean, yeah, the fact that they move everytime is a pain.

48fhih.png

#26 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

Holy shit you're right. No wonder I love my Incredible. :lol:

I agree with this, I am also posting this from my incredible 2
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#27 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

I like iPhones for size, easy of use, parts and repairs are available. Also iPhone apps seem to be the first on the market for mobile use.

Droids I like for price and more viewing options. Droids can view flash sites without an app need.

#28 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

I like iPhones for size, easy of use, parts and repairs are available. Also iPhone apps seem to be the first on the market for mobile use.

Droids I like for price and more viewing options. Droids can view flash sites without an app need.

Well used to. As of Android 4.1 or Jellybean, Adobe has dropped support for Flash on android completely. Unless someone picks up the source code and continues updated the app 4th party, Flash on all Mobile platforms is dead.
xfire-stix9693
Steam - slygathore
Posted Image

#29 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

Seriously. Viewing flash websites is the only thing android had over iPhone IMO.

Viewing flash is big in my books.

#30 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

Oh I agree, but I'm disheartened to see Flash support dropped as a hole. Apple kind of pushed that with the lack of support on the iPhone. :(
xfire-stix9693
Steam - slygathore
Posted Image

#31 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

I say go with an Android.
If you own an Android, nobody really cares and you can go about your merry way.
If you own an iPhone, people will judge you first-off and they'll either love you or hate you for it, and you can bet they'll say something about it which can get really annoying over time.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#32 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

In the end I use my phone to text, call, listen to pandora, and use social media. That's what most people use their phones for and both platforms do all of those things just fine. So in the end it doesn't matter. Pick which one feels better in your hand.

However, There's a few of reasons why I think Android is superior.

Way more customization out of the box. It's really no contest. Sure "I can jailbreak" but people don't want to HAVE to do that to simply get a widget. A desktop full of icons is ugly, so is a homescreen. iOS simply needs to allow users more control. Now I enjoy rooting and romming my phone. I enjoy the fact that I can flash different things independently and I quite literally cannot brick my phone in the process and do it very easily. And don't even get me started on how awesome launchers are.

Android to me feels more intuitive. There's been a lot of talk about the back button. Yes iOS has them, but they're all over the place. The back button is different from app to app. On android it's always in the same place and I know exactly what it will do when I press it. Notifications on Android blew iOS out of the water until apple copied the notification bar. It might be because I'm so used to android, but everything feels exactly where it shoudl be (excluding the music app. What an unintuitive mess)

Apple forces you to use itunes. Yuck.... Yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck. I don't even want to go into it. I hate iTunes as do many people

Variation. Simply put - 1 iPhone to pick from, 45234654435 android phones to pick from.

Apple is falling behind. They release a phone once a year. That's an absolutely horrible strategy to compete with android. The past couple releases Apple introduced features Android has had for months. I mean, Apple JUST introduced LTE and screen bigger than 3.5 inches. Is that a joke? The processor in the 4s was dual core 800mhz. That was under powered when it released, and the only reason why the phone ran so smoothly on first glance was because they sacrificed productivity for user experience.

The only areas I think the iPhone is superior in are the camera, and build quality. iPhone pictures always look better. I haven't tried some one the newer android big dogs (one x, s3 and whatever razr moto put out this week) but I have a galaxy nexus and it's 5mp camera sucks outside of how insanely fast it is. So does the 8mp on my thunderbolt. Iphone pics always look fantastic.

Android is hit or miss with the build quality. I dislike how plasticky my Gnexus feels. I'd like something that felt more sturdy. Moto does a good job usually as their phones are usually metal and solid, But I really dislike plastic phones. Iphones feel well built and high quality. The also look nice.

I would have put fluidity into the category of where Apple wins, but anyone who has used JellyBean knows that android is now just as smooth as iOS

So that's a short list on how I feel. But my biggest issue with the iPhone isn't the actual phone nor is it iOS. It's Apple. I think they're a sleazy company, and I think Jobs was a sleazy businessman. They blatantly steal ideas and concepts from other companies, and then have the balls to sue everyone over their "innovations" even though those innovations have already been around for months/years. And I'm not basing that over the most recent cases with samsung, they've been pulling this crap for years. I don't want to support a company like that at all.

I have a Galaxy Nexus right now and I'm about 6 months into my 2 year. I'm starting to fall out of the romming game, i now just rom for better battery life and a feature here and there. I now use my phone primarily for very simple functions like I said in the beginning. I've been with android since the OG and I'd like something new. I would very seriously consider an iPhone is it wasn't made by Apple. It's very comfortable for those basic tasks, which is why people cling to the phrase "it just works". But s said I can't willingly support apple to I've been looking more into Windows Phones. The OS seems like it's very underrated and I enjoy the simplicity of it. Might be a breath of fresh air.

Edited by `kook, 17 September 2012 - 12:22 AM.

It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#33 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:19 AM

Thought one thing is completely true, and anyone who says different is just lying, the iPhone has a better browser.
IPhone also use to have google maps, but some idiot decided to take away GM and YouTube from the IOS of the iPhone (so Apple IOS 6 will have no google maps or YouTube).

Edited by Blade of grass, 17 September 2012 - 06:23 AM.

48fhih.png

#34 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

Thought one thing is completely true, and anyone who says different is just lying, the iPhone has a better browser.
IPhone also use to have google maps, but some idiot decided to take away GM and YouTube from the IOS of the iPhone (so Apple IOS 6 will have no google maps or YouTube).

IT will still have YouTube, just not integrated. It'll be an available app download from the AppStore. Plus, you'll be getting maps powered by TomTom.
xfire-stix9693
Steam - slygathore
Posted Image

#35 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

I really dont see how the iPhone has a better browser. I dont like the stock browser for either operating system. I use 3rd party ones.

#36 dsk

dsk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

Android is fun and all, but they've proved to be way too unreliable if you make use of all the open-ness. And in my eyes a smartphone is something you should be able to play music on, call people, message people, play a few games on and maybe write down some notes or snap a picture with. The iPhone does all this just as good if not better than Android phones. Plus it's fast and reliable, and you won't get a virus on an iPhone. Short said, I want a fast, reliable and simple phone. That's what the iPhone kicks all Android phones ass on, so that's why I love it. If you want the stuff Android based phones can offer but the iPhone don't then your choice should be simple.

Although, recently I've fell in love with Nokia's OS, the one they had on the Nokia N9. If it wasn't for my sim-card not working properly in that phone I'd keep using it.

Why does everyone think this, they may have some anti virus software but anything can get a virus.

Shit on your mother-in-law.

#37 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

and you won't get a virus on an iPhone.

Why does everyone think this, they may have some anti virus software but anything can get a virus.

Exactly what DSK said, anything can get a virus. But if you are smart and know what you are downloading, (on smartphones and on computers) you wont need an anti virus. I have never had a virus on my phone, but I know what sites to not visit and what not to download. If you just think you dont need to worry about viruses.

#38 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

and you won't get a virus on an iPhone.

Exactly what DSK said, anything can get a virus. But if you are smart and know what you are downloading, (on smartphones and on computers) you wont need an anti virus. I have never had a virus on my phone, but I know what sites to not visit and what not to download. If you just think you dont need to worry about viruses.

You CAN'T get a virus on an iPhone, because you can barely download stuff, only from Apples app store ;)
*I'm joking, my jokes based off the fact that Apple likes to control everything you can and cant do*

48fhih.png

#39 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Trust me, the kind of people who will get a virus on an Android device, are the same people who will find a way to get a virus on an iPhone. Even if no viruses exist for an iPhone, they'll still manage to get one. :lol:

#40 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

You CAN'T get a virus on an iPhone, because you can barely download stuff, only from Apples app store ;)
*I'm joking, my jokes based off the fact that Apple likes to control everything you can and cant do*

:lol:

#41 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

Kind of ironic , isn't it?

Posted Image

#42 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

The ironic people how apple fan boys are like robots?

#43 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

no ,ironic like how they claimed to be the company to put an end to companies that controlled every aspect in and every consumer of their devices yet they became exactly that...

Posted Image

#44 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Since when is Safari better than Chrome?
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#45 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

:tup:

or firefox.

#46 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

or firefox.

I meant it has the best stock browser.

48fhih.png

#47 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

or firefox.

Wait, since when does anybody use the stock browser on an Android? :huh: That's similar to the virus thing mentioned earlier. Can Androids get viruses? Yes. Do they? Only if idiots are using it. Does the Android come with a crappy browser? Yes. Does anybody use it? Only the idiots who get viruses on their phones.

Edited by TK-421, 18 September 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#48 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

or firefox.

Wait, since when does anybody use the stock browser on an Android? :huh: That's similar to the virus thing mentioned earlier. Can Androids get viruses? Yes. Do they? Only if idiots are using it. Does the Android come with a crappy browser? Yes. Does anybody use it? Only the idiots who get viruses on their phones.

Who cares about the stock browser though. using a stock browser is a terrible idea, use 2nd party ones that perform 231516 times better.

#49 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Saying the phone is bad because of the stock browser is like saying Windows sucks for the sole reason of Internet Explorer. Is Windows the greatest thing ever? No. Is Internet Explorer the sole reason it's not the greatest thing ever? No. Internet Explorer is so easy to ignore, that it doesn't even factor into why Windows isn't the greatest thing ever. You just use it once to download a decent browser, and then delete all the icons for Internet Explorer that you can find.

#50 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

or firefox.

Who cares about the stock browser though. using a stock browser is a terrible idea, use 2nd party ones that perform 231516 times better.

Everyone I know uses the stock browser on Android. EVERYONE. Also, do you mean use 3rd party browsers?

48fhih.png

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users