Photo

Iphone vs Android

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: Iphone vs Android (54 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you prefer?

1. Voted Iphone (16 votes [29.63%])

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

2. Voted Android (38 votes [70.37%])

Percentage of vote: 70.37%

3. Blackberry (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Thought one thing is completely true, and anyone who says different is just lying, the iPhone has a better browser.

Since when is Safari better than Chrome?

:tup:

or firefox.

I meant it has the best stock browser.

Wait, since when does anybody use the stock browser on an Android? :huh: That's similar to the virus thing mentioned earlier. Can Androids get viruses? Yes. Do they? Only if idiots are using it. Does the Android come with a crappy browser? Yes. Does anybody use it? Only the idiots who get viruses on their phones.

Who cares about the stock browser though. using a stock browser is a terrible idea, use 2nd party ones that perform 231516 times better.

Everyone I know uses the stock browser on Android. EVERYONE. Also, do you mean use 3rd party browsers?

Yes I do mean 3rd party. <_<

#52 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

Thought one thing is completely true, and anyone who says different is just lying, the iPhone has a better browser.

Since when is Safari better than Chrome?

:tup:

or firefox.

I meant it has the best stock browser.

Wait, since when does anybody use the stock browser on an Android? :huh: That's similar to the virus thing mentioned earlier. Can Androids get viruses? Yes. Do they? Only if idiots are using it. Does the Android come with a crappy browser? Yes. Does anybody use it? Only the idiots who get viruses on their phones.

Who cares about the stock browser though. using a stock browser is a terrible idea, use 2nd party ones that perform 231516 times better.

Everyone I know uses the stock browser on Android. EVERYONE. Also, do you mean use 3rd party browsers?

Yes I do mean 3rd party. <_<

I just asked because I was confused.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#53 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

The sole fact that everyone does it, does not make it a good idea.

#54 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

The sole fact that everyone does it, does not make it a good idea.

QFT, refer to my sig for another example. Anyways OP, whichever you pick you should be happy with. It's just a phone after all.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#55 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

:D

Posted Image

#56 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

I'd just like to point out that Chrome is now the stock browser for Android.
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#57 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

I see this whole issue as simple as this:

If you want to get a phone to be a status symbol : Get an iPhone.

If you want to get a phone that you are maximizing your dollar to usefulness ratio as much as you can: Get an Android.

The iPhone is based off of an old outdated iOS, with very few actually technically useful updates since the creation of the first iPhone. It's closed source software, so in order to use your phone to its full potential you actually have to void the warranty, which means then if something goes wrong, you can't return it. It is very user friendly, in that it has limited buttons and big colorful bright icons as to not confuse anyone with the ability to reason over 5 years old. It does have a very good screen, again bright and colorful, but they can still break pretty easily (I see more broken iPhone 4's then I see broken Androids). Stock browser is crap, but we've covered that issue. It has quite a few pretty awesome apps, but only very few of them can't be gotten on Android, though they seem to work more consistently for the iPhone (I"ll give them that much). However when you own an iPhone (especially the new one that you just spent 600 + on even though it only made minor changes), people will come up to you and say "Ohhhh is that the new iPhone?" which will you give you a sense of undeserved smugness. Also, still no flash player, but that's for both sides now anyway so whatev's.

The Android is a tech geek's double edged sword. At the best of times, it's an amazing OS, for both tablets and mobile devices. When properly monitored, tweaked and controlled (all of which you can do since Android is open source), it's a power house of technology and will do everything you ask of it and more. When it's at it's worst however it can be a pain in the ass, and you have to fiddle with it to make it reach its full potential. What I like about Android's open source approach to an OS, is that each phone manufacturer can make a UNIQUE experience on their devices, and can change up how things are displayed or what the lay out is, so each phone feels like a new phone, and not just the same phone in a new shell *cough* iPhone *cough*. Granted, some of these manufacturers have created a monstrosity with the OS, an abomination of gadgets and widgets and other useless things that just clutter up your screen (here's looking at you Motorola), but then others make a nice, sublime interface thats easy for grandma to use as her first smart phone, but allows people like me to get into the meat and potatoes of the phone and really tweak it to our liking. Screens are usually pretty durable, especially those with Gorilla Glass. Has a few more buttons then an iPhone (read: more then one), but only a couple models seem to have totally useless buttons. Screens are snappy and responsive, and you can tweak the brightness generally (or they have auto sensing brightness like the Samsung Galaxy S II). Stock browser is crap (again, already covered). App's seem to have issues from different phones and need to be tweaked, but they are starting to fix that issue by making it all more streamlined. The Android OS itself is still in it's infancy, and there will be many more iterations of OS to be updated and put on phones, and I am pretty excited to see what they come up with. I have had 5 OS's on my phone, (Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, Froyo, Honey Comb and Gingerbread) because each one had features I liked and didn't like. But thats whats cool about it, is I can change it up based on what I like, and I'm not shoehorned into some OS that I am not a huge fan of. No longer supports flash which is a bummer.

As for those saying "Mac's can't get viruses, herpty derpty", you do know the reason why right? Windows is used for large corporations, fortune 500 companies and the like, where as Mac is used in a more "creative setting" for graphic designers, music making etc....which one do you think has more money/financial records on their devices? Probably the Fortune 500 companies, right? Well what do banks use? Window's takes it again. So why would someone who is comitting an illegal act to steal money/information in a hostile digital attack, waste their time trying to crack into a machine that is used solely to make electro house music? Where would be the financial gain? No one is going to develop a virus to steal stuff off of Mac's because no one who uses Mac's at their work, has any thing worthwhile to a hacker to steal.

So yeah. That.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#58 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

Granted, some of these manufacturers have created a monstrosity with the OS, an abomination of gadgets and widgets and other useless things that just clutter up your screen

Couldn't agree more. I hate manufacturer skins, they're absolutely awful. I also hate the amount of devices coming out.

Apples release frequency of one model a year works great for consumers, but terrible for progress. Androids release frequency is terrible for consumers, but great for progress.

With Apple, you know you are only missing one generation of phone until you can renew your contract and get a new iPhone. With Android, you renew, get the latest and greatest but in 2 months there's already something better out. It's very frustrating. I got my gnexus when it was the greatest thing ever, but now I want one of the newwer more powerful phones. I wish moto, Samsung and HTC would all just release the best they have every 6 months so I don't feel like what I'm buying will be obsolete in 2 months.

Really, all I want is a phone that is stock android, no manufacturer skins, Good camera, solid build quality (this is where I feel android lacks the most), unlocked bootloader, decent battery.

Edited by `kook, 01 October 2012 - 09:28 PM.

It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#59 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

There's other factors. Battery life is huge. iPhone battery life is reasonable. Durability and repairs; iPhones at least can always be repaired at many places, often locally. Apps seem well tested before released on iPhones.

However Droids are so much cheaper.

#60 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

I'm buying the iPhone 5 this weekend.
32gb for 300$ at verizon.
Finally get to upgrade from my droid x

#61 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

Androids are great you can do whatever you want on them there ok phones.. They have alot of glitches though!! Its basically a computer in your hands but its gonna break on you in 4-5months im already on my like 5 android phone..

Iphone can do much unless jail break it. Dosent have that many glitches but its an apple and its diff software but its almost perfected unlike android..
Posted Image

#62 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

Is there any apps that allow you to print from droid or iPhone? That bothers me with iPod.

#63 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

Is there any apps that allow you to print from droid or iPhone? That bothers me with iPod.

There's quite a few on the Google Play Store.
Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#64 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

You can print from iPhone, it's build in.
On safari, at the bottom bar, theirs a little box with a little arrow coming out of it, click and go to print.

48fhih.png

#65 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

Holy spambot Batman !

Posted Image

#66 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

I recently switched from using an iphone to using a galaxy s3 and I must say I much prefer the galaxy. I'll talk about android first.
The little things are what sets android apart from ios.
On the lock screen you can place apps so you have quicker access,
On the galaxy s3 you can download an app to customize the LED notification light,
On android you can download a whole array of useful widgets,
You always have a back button regardless of what app you're in
You can download a much better music player
You can torrent directly to your phone (legal things of course)
The maps app is much better

You can really just do a lot of customization. Now on to the iphone

Super simple, anyody can figure one out in a few minutes
Easy to navigate between pages, not super efficient, but easy
Metric shit ton of apps
Nothing really goes wrong with the software

I'd suggest the android of the iphone if you want to have a little more customization and build the phone around you. Get the iphone if you're just going to use it for tasks like email and phone calls.

#67 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

You can torrent directly to your phone (legal things of course)

:rolleyes:;)

#68 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

You can download a much better music player

Are you talking about Google music or the ability to use a 3rd party music app? Because I absolutely hate the interface on google music, however to ability to store and stream your music from google for free is what keeps me on it

Edited by `kook, 08 October 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#69 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Posted Image

What's this? Something an iPhone could never beat? Preposterous!

I love you.

#70 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Customization is easily the biggest reason I prefer android. Just whipped this up

Posted Image

#71 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Customization is easily the biggest reason I prefer android. Just whipped this up

(image here)

Looks good, I can't wait to get a Samsung Note 2, probably wont customize it for a for awhile, but I will after a few months.

#72 Twistedfreak

Twistedfreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

Everyone has a droid. Everyone. Even little kids and old people have droids

#73 Dark Illusion

Dark Illusion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

iPhone = Jesus

#74 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

iPhone = Jesus

How so?

#75 alinS

alinS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

Android phones are horrible at voice dialing. There is no voice dialing feedback or confirmation. Coming from Blackberry this was a huge downer. It is the one glaring ommission and problem with Andriod.

#76 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

I'm going to vote Android simply because I've owned three Droids in the past, and I absolutely love them. I currently have a Droid X2 which I use on a daily basis and I have experienced very minimal problems. Whether it be actual Android OS problems or just user error.

"They found me in an alley way, trying to re-enter the Earths' atmosphere in an old refrigerator box."

#77 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

Posted Image

#78 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,830 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

Posted Image

Spoiler

Edited by Antonious, 27 October 2012 - 03:07 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#79 Symptomz

Symptomz

Party.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

I prefer android mainly because you can customize it any way you want. There are so many options :)

#80 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Posted Image

Spoiler

haha yes

#81 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

You can't really make this comparison Android is a OS iPhone is one line of phones. While Android resides on multiple devices from multiple companies iOS only comes from Apple and while Apple makes some great products asking them to compete with 20 companies releasing phones at a much faster rate is kinda rediculous. While android has more flexibility iOS is for sure easier to use and is better for its purpose. The iPhone 5 is the fastest phone on the market and while the GS3 is its closest competition is nice I have to side with the iPhone5.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#82 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

While android has more flexibility iOS is for sure easier to use and is better for its purpose.

extremely debatable

The iPhone 5 is the fastest phone on the market

ehm...no, it's not. That's not even my opinion. Multiple phones are faster than the iPhone 5. It has a dual core 1.2ghz processor. That's what my year old Galaxy Nexus has.

edit: I was wrong, it has a dual core 1.0ghz processor that has been max clocked at 1.2ghz, so even slower than initially thought

Edited by `kook, 29 October 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#83 atlpaintball24

atlpaintball24

Do you even lift?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

iOS is simpler, but Jellybean (Android 4.2) allows way more customization.

If you like to tinker around with hacks and whatnot, go with android. If you want something simple that works, go with iPhone.

Edited by atlpaintball24, 30 October 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#84 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

While android has more flexibility iOS is for sure easier to use and is better for its purpose.

extremely debatable

The iPhone 5 is the fastest phone on the market

ehm...no, it's not. That's not even my opinion. Multiple phones are faster than the iPhone 5. It has a dual core 1.2ghz processor. That's what my year old Galaxy Nexus has.

edit: I was wrong, it has a dual core 1.0ghz processor that has been max clocked at 1.2ghz, so even slower than initially thought

You don't know what he was talking about, network speed, it's the fastest.
The iPhone 5 has the fastest LTE network speeds because it has two LTE chips.

48fhih.png

#85 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

I just want to say this:

I have almost 0 applications for using internet on my phone, or taking photo's....or much of anything really. Essentially the only thing I do is make a few calls here and there and send a text for finding people.

Thus i have a black berry which costs me 25$ a month. dirt cheap. student plan. and it works. No long distance shit, no internet, big storage system. I deleted most off the widgets because they are useless and pointless. no caller I.D. or Voicemail. just 500 texts a month, and the BBM is free. works fucking fantastic.

Every iphone or droid phone I have around here STARTS at 40$ something for the most basic and useless shit out there. The other thing I dont want to deal with is Data. Really? the whole data plan shit pisses me off. hey look your phone has a weather APP that tells you the temperatureit updates every 1 minute and uses battery life and data

(the droid had a issue with apps constantly using data resulting in people who came back with massive bills because of extra data usage... maybe not now. havent heard much)

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#86 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

iOS is simpler, but Jellybean (Android 4.2) allows way more customization.

If you like to tinker around with hacks and whatnot, go with android. If you want something simple that works, go with iPhone.

iPhones are simple out of the box ( which leads to them not being customizable)...

Androids can be made way simpler than an iPhone after maybe 30 mins or so of customizing

This is my phone with 3rd party launcher . I have a clear home screen with 10 app shortcuts on the bottom dock which revolves . I think this is way simpler than the iPhone layout or even most android layouts...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#87 atlpaintball24

atlpaintball24

Do you even lift?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

^ What's the name of that launcher?

Edited by atlpaintball24, 01 November 2012 - 10:28 PM.

#88 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

GO launcher EX

Posted Image

#89 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

Minimal is best. I can't stand desktops, be them on computers or on cellphones, that are covered in icons

Posted Image

Edited by `kook, 02 November 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#90 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

not really contributing anything new , I just wanted to share my new phone background :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#91 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

I just compared the galaxy s lll and the iPhone. Droid no longer plays flash without an app. Also the galaxy will only print to Samsung printers. To me the edge is going to iPhone.

#92 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

Also the galaxy will only print to Samsung printers

It prints from any. You press share then printshare and select any wifi/bluetooth printer.

#93 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

My brother's galaxy Sll say you need a Samsung printer when trying to print.

I'll check out what you said when I see him later.

#94 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure there is a native print that lets you go through samsung, and then there's an alternative called printshare. I'll ask a friend today who's got one and get back to you

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users