• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nitronovice

nitronovice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

I just saw an dark/light blue Ego9 on Kijiji around my area for $500.
There's also an HDE earth Etek4 for $475.
I'm just a rec baller looking for something with more fire power than a Tiberius 8, and lighter than a BT TM-15.

Which Eclipse, based solely on parts, would you recommend?

My original plan was to hopefully get an HDE earth Etek4 soon because I love its colour scheme and Ego11-based parts, then maybe get an Ego11 next year when I'll have a bit more $$.

#2 No Mercy Ever

No Mercy Ever

Sophomore Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

The Ego9 for one and only one reason: The board and readout. Even if the board is the same, the readout is different in one way that is important to me, at least. That is that the Etek4 has an LED readout (Uses colored LED's to tell you what the state is, if there is a ball in place, if the eyes aer on, and so on), the Ego9 uses a LCD board (Which tells you everything without having to decipher what means what). But if you can live with the LED board, I would recommend the Etek for the reason of coloration. Being that you are a rec baller, you are most likely going to play in a woods setting. The darker HDE earth coloration is going to work better in the woods than the light and dark blue of the Ego9.

#3 nitronovice

nitronovice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for the reply. I can definitely live with a simple LED board. After reading through the Etek4 manual, it seems like a breeze to program, compared to a TM-15. I was just a little curious whether an LCD screen is really worth getting over SL3 HP and LP regs, S4 barrel, and Zick 2 rammer.

#4 No Mercy Ever

No Mercy Ever

Sophomore Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

The older Ego reg is still a really good reg, and it is only the HPR, not the LPR that changed. The barrel is the same, no matter what. And the Ego9 does have the Zick rammer, I believe that it is the Zick3, but I am not sure when they Zick2 came out.

Honestly, they are going to perform the same really. the difference really being the board and if it is an LED or LCD interface.

#5 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

The older Ego reg is still a really good reg, and it is only the HPR, not the LPR that changed. The barrel is the same, no matter what. And the Ego9 does have the Zick rammer, I believe that it is the Zick3, but I am not sure when they Zick2 came out.

Honestly, they are going to perform the same really. the difference really being the board and if it is an LED or LCD interface.

There is no such thing as the zick3. The etek 4 comes with the zick2 already installed and the ego 9 has the zick1 stock I believe.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#6 No Mercy Ever

No Mercy Ever

Sophomore Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

Sorry, it was supposed to say Zick2, not Zick3. I guess the Ego9 does not come with the Zick2, just the original Zick.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users