• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 TechSpeedball

TechSpeedball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

I am low on money but i am wanting a HPA tank because i hear they are way easier on you gun. I'm looking into buying a new 48/3000 psi tank but not sure which one to buy. Whats the difference between High pressure output and low pressure? which brand is the best?

All help is thanked
My Set Up: Invert Helix with Empire E-vent foam and Smoke lens (olive) ,
07 Proto pants and ACU camo long sleeve shirt, NxE pod pack, Empire ZE elbow pads,
Vlocity Jr w/ warfeed,Spyder Mr1, 20oz CO2 tank and 12oz CO2 tank. Musician Club

#2 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

if you can get a 68/4500 and ninja and gorilla air are both good

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#3 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

ninja are geurialla air are arguably the best. the different in the out put pressures is that high pressure is high and low pressure is well.. low. i would just keep using CO2 untill you can get a Carbon fiber tank. no point in settling for anything but the best.

if you have a marker like a G6r/victory, or an angel then low pressure is good. anything else and regular high pressure is fine

Edited by LUXOR54, 16 September 2012 - 04:25 PM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#4 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

The GA 62/3000 is a fantastic little steelie that you can get for 38 bucks.

#5 thetinman

thetinman

thetinman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

My field rents out steelies for 5$. If your field does that, do that until you save enough money for a carbon fiber. That's one thing i wish I did.

#6 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

Tanks are actually Aluminum. Originally, yes they were made out of steel, but nowadays it's aluminum (Cheaper and lightweight)

Anyways, I'll try to answer all your questions in a semi-organized manner.

1) HPA is "easier on your gun" in the terms that with CO2, you run the risk of getting liquid CO2 in your marker and messing up orings. Liquid CO2 can also cause severe velocity spikes. HPA does not suffer from these problems.

2) Before you commit to buying a 48/3000, check to see if your field rent's them out. If so, just rent a tank and save up money until you can purchase a 68/4500.
If you don't play at a field (might be the case since you are currently using CO2) you might want to hold off on buying a 48/3000. Most markers will only get about 500 shots tops off a 48/3000. The volume to # of shots ratio for an HPA tank is lower than a CO2 tank. Just keep that in mind in case you don't play at a field that does HPA refills. Again, save money until you can get a 48/4500.
Now, if your field does have HPA fill stations, and they don't rent out tanks, then you might want to consider getting a 48/3000 to use until you have enough $$ to get the 68/4500. Or simply save enough money for the 68/4500.

3) High Pressure tanks mean that the output pressure is around 850 PSI (the "normal" pressure CO2 outputs)
Low pressure means that the output pressure is anywhere from 300 - 500 PSI (Different companies have different "low" pressure settings it seems like)
I would say get a HP tank. Reason being, unless you find an angel anytime soon, you really have no NEED to get one. Now, yes the G6R apparently operates more efficiently with LP, but you will still get good efficiency with a HP tank.

4) "Best" Brand would be Ninja. Two reasons: One- They have amazing Customer Service. Two- Re-buildable regulators.

Hope this helped

#7 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

Tanks are actually Aluminum. Originally, yes they were made out of steel, but nowadays it's aluminum (Cheaper and lightweight)

Aluminum is not cheaper than steel.
The tanks have gotten cheaper, but not because of the material used.

#8 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

Aluminum is not cheaper than steel.
The tanks have gotten cheaper, but not because of the material used.

Cheaper to produce no doubt though. You need more force to deform a solid block of steel compared to a solid block of aluminum.

#9 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

A few things to note on the 62/3000's. First, they are longer than the 48/3000 and 68/4500 (about 11 1/2 inches compared to about 8 1/2 inches). I'd recommend them for people that like their marker to be far away from their face or that are over 6' tall. Second is that they are fairly heavy. The GA is about 3.2 lbs while the Ninja is 3.5 lbs. The carbon fiber is going to be about a pound lighter.

Carbon fiber is going to give you more shots per fill, will be lighter, and will give you a tighter profile. I'd recommend forgoing a $40-$60 3000psi tank and instead buying a used xx/4500 tank. Check out sites like swapmytank.com and you should be able to get a used carbon fiber tank with 5 year hydro for around $100.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#10 heylookitskarl

heylookitskarl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

I was in the same situation as you were and I gotta say, I just saved up for a carbon fiber and I am loving that decision. I made the switch from CO2 and the consistency was a lot better.

Saving for the best does have its benefits, however you would have to wait a little longer to save up... I guess thats a con lol

#11 Rollieelmo

Rollieelmo

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

Just use CO2 and save of for a carbon fiber tank. Unless your field only fills to 3000 psi.
Rockin' Cocks Revolution
MCB Feedback - Techpb feedback - PBN Feedback

#12 fartingmonkeys123

fartingmonkeys123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

If you want to spend about $40 then the best tank for budget ballers is a Gurrilla Air 62 3000 tank with the Myth G2 Reg, its on ansgear.com for $40.

#13 Pb player eh

Pb player eh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

I bought the ga 62/3000 for my first tank and loved it but it is long

#14 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

I bought the ga 62/3000 for my first tank and loved it but it is long

thats because its not a carbon fiber tank so they have to use a lot of aluminum and make it longer to hold all that cubic inches of 3000 psi

Lulzjustacat.png

#15 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

There all the same strucurally...its the reg that counts so go with ninja and save up for a fiber glass or carbon fiber.

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#16 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

The only thing about a tank you should look for is one with a flat bottom. The rounded bottoms are annoying.

#17 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

I would be gertting a high pressure tank, simply because at some point, you may want to sell it, and you will have a much more limited market trying to sell a low pressure tank. but everybody can use a high pressure tank... provided they have a gun reg .. at any point, it is a much larger selling market.

#18 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Try to get a Ninja steelie.

#19 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

The only thing about a tank you should look for is one with a flat bottom. The rounded bottoms are annoying.

i like rounded bottoms, they feel nicer.
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#20 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

I wouldnt buy a steelie if I knew they were eventually going to be a waste of money. I would just save up for a carbon fiber tank. I suggest ninja tanks or, like what I use, disruptive tanks.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#21 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

There all the same strucurally...its the reg that counts so go with ninja and save up for a fiber glass or carbon fiber.

This

Ninja 48/3000, I don't trust GA the reg isn't that good and it's to short to fit your hand in, but the Ninja is $50 and you can get a 68/4500 for <$150 soooooo

#22 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

Just use CO2 and save of for a carbon fiber tank. Unless your field only fills to 3000 psi.

no he should get HPA even if it is a /3000 tank. co2 is like the wooden wagon wheel, it was baller 200 years ago now there is just better stuff out there for not much more.

Lulzjustacat.png

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users