52 replies to this topic

#1 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

yesterday maked about the 10th day this season where i go to the field and wind up playing one game, and then having everyone tell me i can't play with them anymore or they just walk away without saying anything, but we all get the message. people see me practice with the local pro team and then i don't get to play, and i have tried every play in the book, played as a renter, jeans hoodie, rental, one game and the rentals kick me out. played with a pistol only, played with 10 shots, played without shooting, every time people say i can't play anymore and there really isn't anything i can do about it.

I hold back as much as i can while still participating and it is to no avail. this weekend for instance in my second and last game of the day, some of the rentals started screaming when i walked over, and i didn't even ask to play, the ref talked me in, and i didn't even participate until my entire team got eliminated, i even stood in the open most of the time and let a 10 year old shoot at me and i didn't shoot at him, just shot from the hip around him. it just sucks because i am running out of things to do, i have some splatmasters i am going to try and i am trying to get an airowgun to go on my spare bow, aswell as an ego .50 cal kit.

anyone else get to this point yet? because it makes me really sad that i drive to my field every weekend try to be helpful to everyone, i help ref and do my best to be fair and i still don't get to play.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#2 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

yesterday maked about the 10th day this season where i go to the field and wind up playing one game, and then having everyone tell me i can't play with them anymore or they just walk away without saying anything, but we all get the message. people see me practice with the local pro team and then i don't get to play, and i have tried every play in the book, played as a renter, jeans hoodie, rental, one game and the rentals kick me out. played with a pistol only, played with 10 shots, played without shooting, every time people say i can't play anymore and there really isn't anything i can do about it.

I hold back as much as i can while still participating and it is to no avail. this weekend for instance in my second and last game of the day, some of the rentals started screaming when i walked over, and i didn't even ask to play, the ref talked me in, and i didn't even participate until my entire team got eliminated, i even stood in the open most of the time and let a 10 year old shoot at me and i didn't shoot at him, just shot from the hip around him. it just sucks because i am running out of things to do, i have some splatmasters i am going to try and i am trying to get an airowgun to go on my spare bow, aswell as an ego .50 cal kit.

anyone else get to this point yet? because it makes me really sad that i drive to my field every weekend try to be helpful to everyone, i help ref and do my best to be fair and i still don't get to play.

It's a little like that with me and speedball, but never to the point where they scream at me. In woods no one cares. Airow gun is probably a good idea, wearing a funny costume works too. If all else fails you can move near my field, Fox 4 Paintball, home of 187 cRew :)
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!
Current Set-Ups: Ego11, Rotor, 45/4500, Shaft 4, Trilogy, Gravity Hopper, POPS ASA, Azodin Reg, 45/4500, Shaft 4
Proudly sponsored by Zephyr and Empire

#3 CdTriX

CdTriX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

aren't there any walk ons? renters get scared at anyone that has their own gear. they are scared that you will light htem up and stuff.

best thing to do is tell them, unless it's a private game, they have to let you play..

#4 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

If you are that good at paintball why aren't you playing pro or D1?

#5 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

I've never even heard of this kind of bullshit. Like the guy above said it, they have to let you play unless it's a private game, and even then people usually let others hop on for a game.

Why do they say you can't play with em?

#6 PapaThor

PapaThor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

I have a similar problem at my local field. I am not as good as you, but have a hard time getting games since most people know I have moderately good skills. I have worked extremely hard to develop a good rep at the field. All the refs know I am good with renters and newbies. However, like you, I still have trouble. One thing that has worked for me is teaching. I have been able to join games when I coach or try to teach them to play better. True, it's not as much fun as if I was actually playing full out, but it get me in the games and I get to play. When I approach a group and they look at me hesitantly, I tell them I would coach them and help them enjoy the game more. that might work for you as well.
Will play for beer!

#7 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

If you are that good at paintball why aren't you playing pro or D1?

Could be money, or he has a job that won't let him, or just not wanting to make the commitment.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#8 MrBk

MrBk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

This has happened to me in a different sense, since I have a jersey with me and friends people think we play "pro" as a couple of renters said but really we just play rec woodsball and small amounts of speedball. We aren't amazing just good as a group and even when we offer the 5 of us vs every walk on (about 10-15) most of them find an excuse to leave. So when we go to fields we usually get 5v5's or we get split up for 3v3's and are forced into a lot of hyperball.
Nassagaweya Assault Unit #88 "The Pianist"

"Rape and Pillage My Friend, Rape and PIillage" -Bush

Sponsors: ANS gear Paintball HQ Ultimate Paintball Virtue

#9 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

After practice Ref the game you want to play so the players dont see you as some amazing pro, then play with them with a pump or some gun that cant shoot very fast.
RAWR?

#10 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

guys thats just it, i have used a pump, pistol rental hell i have played games where i only barrel tag.

also the groups are not required to let someone play with them, and i get this from rec players and rentals the only people who will let me play are some of the people on the local teams but they get done with practice and usually leave, as i am in college atm, i cannot commit to the price or time of being on a regular competing team, i play to get better and to have fun. plus, i don't usually have the money to practice with the amount of shooting they want to do, i am a very conservative player, no matter what gun i use max i shoot in a day is about a pod. 3 if i have bad paint and am trying to overcome that, or just get rid of it.

and yes i could jump to pro or d1, but that is alot of money and time and if i don't stay up with them, that means i can't play ANY tournaments or events, not something i am happy about doing.

UNL Husker Paintball

My Feedback

#11 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

This is at a commercial field, right? Maybe talk to the owner...tell him you want to play at his field but you're having trouble finding people to play with.

#12 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

Talk to the field owner, and tell him the situation.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#13 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

i talk with him every time i go down there, when the players say i can't play i go sit down with him, we can't really force people to let me play with them and i understand that, so i just try to get creative, he can't do too much.

UNL Husker Paintball

My Feedback

#14 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

i talk with him every time i go down there, when the players say i can't play i go sit down with him, we can't really force people to let me play with them and i understand that, so i just try to get creative, he can't do too much.

Find a different field? He could get rid of the rule allowing rentals, or others to not allow you to play.

Remember, if you are paying to be there, you shouldn't have to put up with this bullshit.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#15 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

a rental telling you you can't play? say what? no way in hell

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#16 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

I really feel bad for you, really do. All I can say is have real talk with them and explain that you are there to have a fun time like they are. Explain that you promise not to light them up because when I first started I was scared about that. First you should build trust with them by helping them with questions, give them advice, or even if your up for it lend them your gun for a little. Of you use a rental gun and not where paintball clothes they shouldn't be as intimidated. Just talk it out. Hope this helps and I really mean that.

Ohio Raiders 

#17 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

I have these problems as well.To get around this issue I
a) Use my Tipx
b ) have a conversation with the group about me not overshooting or bunkering
c) be the "juggernaut" guy , a team of ~10 vs me and 3-4 other people
I felt really bad one time because i asked to join a rental group ( with my Tipx) and this 10YO kid in the group was scared of me and of playing almost to the point of crying so I gave him a pod of paint and let him play on my team. He seemed to have an awesome time for that point on :)

Edited by REDCOBRA, 17 September 2012 - 10:58 PM.

Posted Image

#18 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

you said people see you practicing with the local pro team. why not just continue to practice and play with them? if they are really pro then i assume they play a couple times a week.
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#19 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#20 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

the local pro team is vicious, i don't get to practice with them too often, mainly because A. i can't afford it and B. when they practice with other pro teams i can't play. it is more important for the team to practice than me as i don't play for them.

if anyone has any ideas for other things i can do to make them feel more confident feel free to post up, i have a really good reputation at the field and usually the refs will go to bat for me but it typically doesn't work. and if you step back from it, you can't have the field owner force other players to let me play with them, that is their choice.

i am hoping getting the airowgun and getting a foam sword will help if i only play with those.

UNL Husker Paintball

My Feedback

#21 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

Well, if you are paying, you should be able to play, same as everybody else. If the field owner wants your money, he will make it so you can play, or take your money somewhere else.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#22 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

Just have a real talk with them saying that you are there the same reason you are. To have fun! Explain that you won't hurt them and really explain that your not a bad person. If that doesn't work then..... They aren't ready to play paintball. Simple as that. If you are not willing to get shot by other people then this is not there sport. As simple as that.

Ohio Raiders 

#23 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Walk onto the field with them....if it's open play they can fuck themselves...You can play whenever you want. Don't let bitches tell you what you can and cannot do.

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

Ace's Feedback Ace's Mod App

#24 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

this field is not really "open just walk onto the field with whoever is there kinda setup" it is a group shows up, they put them with a ref, if you want to play with one of the groups you need to go ask them if you can join them, and that is where i get turned down, and if i just waltz onto the field and just go play without them being ok with it, that is a quick way to rush new people and business out the door for my field.

and just saying "fuck it i'll do whatever i want i paid my 20 bucks to get in" is not the kind of mentality i want to have or hope anyone has on the field, though we know alot of people do.

UNL Husker Paintball

My Feedback

#25 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

You said the refs know you?

Get them to vouch for you.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#26 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

then find a new field.

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

Ace's Feedback Ace's Mod App

#27 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

they try, that's usually how i get to play is the ref's get me in, but it doesn't always work.

and i don't know about you, but there is not really a whole lot of choices for fields, atleast in the midwest.

UNL Husker Paintball

My Feedback

#28 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Do people around you really just suck that bad? I mean damn Jrab came to my field once and the weekend warriors all played with and against him. Not saying we were as good as him but he relaxed and we all kept up pretty much.

What do you do to make people think your that good? Don't snap shoot as hard or as much dont sprint or lane as hard off break. Maybe get some friends into it? That way you can help them get better and you get to play and maybe one day y'all can make a team.

Edited by woodsballer414, 18 September 2012 - 05:33 PM.

LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#29 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

they try, that's usually how i get to play is the ref's get me in, but it doesn't always work.

and i don't know about you, but there is not really a whole lot of choices for fields, atleast in the midwest.

I know the aren't a whole bunch of fields in the Midwest, but it does sound like you need to find a new one, or get the owner to change that rule.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#30 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

I know the aren't a whole bunch of fields in the Midwest, but it does sound like you need to find a new one, or get the owner to change that rule.

The thing is though. Assume the owner does change it. People will stop playing or coming if they're forced to play with someone
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#31 Razer King

Razer King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Wow that is lame, at my local field all the renters and the parents ask me questions and stuff and they let me play with their closed group granted I keep it on semi and help them out. It makes me feel all happy.

#32 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

The thing is though. Assume the owner does change it. People will stop playing or coming if they're forced to play with someone

You don't have to force anything. Create groups of renters, and non renters. Renters are put with other renters, and people with their own shit have to play together.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#33 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Just have a real talk with them saying that you are there the same reason they are. To have fun! Explain you want to HELP them and you don't want and wont hurt them and really explain that your not a bad person. If that doesn't work then..... They aren't ready to play paintball. Simple as that. If you are not willing to get shot by other people then this is not there sport. As simple as that.

Wow this guy is a genius. And no one even paid attention to his post...

Edited by epic woodsballer, 18 September 2012 - 08:20 PM.

Ohio Raiders 

#34 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

True dat...

Posted Image

Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#35 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

Posted Image

bawwww.....

OP- Where do you play?

#36 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

Just have a real talk with them saying that you are there the same reason they are. To have fun! Explain you want to HELP them and you don't want and wont hurt them and really explain that your not a bad person. If that doesn't work then..... They aren't ready to play paintball. Simple as that. If you are not willing to get shot by other people then this is not there sport. As simple as that.

Way to quote yourself there bud. ;)

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#37 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

I kinda have the same problem when some people come that are on a team but only have like 3 of them then another team comes only half of them they let you play like 1 time on the airball field then when you have to go get air they start palying and they jsut kick you out for mostly the whole day or until one of the players leave and need another person. There not practicing really and there not anything great jsut act like douches when teams come, act like they own the field.. rentals get discourage just because you have your own gear. even though some of them arent any worse then me.. so i can see where your coming from jsut go to a diff field or just play and rape everyone.
Posted Image

#38 BopIt

BopIt

#Swagg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

If your "too good" for rec then I suggest saving up every few weeks and not go as often then go play some speedball..

I know that feel, I just resort to playing speedball

if you lubes tank barrel and hopper you can shoot gooder

[bobalis] I will state a theory that the more attractive the person is, the less crappy their piss will taste but it'll still suck

#39 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Way to quote yourself there bud. ;)

actually i did respond to you somewhere in there, i do talk with them, typically it is all i do, i help the renters and rec players.

i play at madcow paintball in louisville nebraska and you guys can see by the video's on my channels http://www.youtube.com/dukethehunter, http://www.youtube.com/midwesttechpb and http://www.youtube.c...stsidepaintball, my helmet cam footage and you kinda get the idea of the quality of alot of players in the area and how i typically play, lots of barrel tagging and one balling. and honestly, i hate playing with the guys who sit out on the speedball field for 2 games and blast through a case or 2, i don't like their attitude or their outlook on paintball, and like i said before i can't afford it too much. but when a team isn't practicing and there are some higher skilled rec players on the speedball field, i jump in.

Edited by Demon, 19 September 2012 - 10:52 AM.

UNL Husker Paintball

My Feedback

#40 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

So Vicious play where you play? If you love paintball, get into speedball. I'm sure you could play with the pros if you asked nicely.

#41 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

So Vicious play where you play? If you love paintball, get into speedball. I'm sure you could play with the pros if you asked nicely.

yes, and again, don't have the money for that.

UNL Husker Paintball

My Feedback

#42 SAHeatpb

SAHeatpb

Yeah let's go with this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

Ow my heart 

Edited by SAHeatpb, 19 September 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#43 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

so your field gives private field time to every group that comes in?

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#44 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Dont go to that field anymore if the owner is too much of a pussy to change the rules.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#45 Flow

Flow

U wot m8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

Don't the refs split teams according to skill so it seems equal? I know when I go, most of the refs know me pretty well, and it's my friend, A few random people, and the other team outnumbers us. We still win.

Privately talk to a ref and see if he can split teams according to skill, or ask people that seem more into the sport if you can play on their team.
GO METAPOD, HIT 'EM WITH A HARDEN!

#46 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

they kinda just keep groups of players together and somewhat mix them sometimes, it's hard to explain there isn't a set like... structure? and we get soo many varied people it changes every weekend.

UNL Husker Paintball

My Feedback

#47 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

If there isn't any structure, you aren't going to have many returning customers anyways. Sounds like theres a lot of one or two timers at your field. This means the owner isn't doing it right, IMO. You have to have structure, so that every time you play, it doesn't change. The procedure has to be solid. If their just rolling groups together like that, it's not gunna work. You're more of a paying customer than those once a year players. You should get squeezed in with other groups. If they are too scared to play with you, they can leave. Play some 1v1 tennis or someshit so they don't have to play a sport with TEAMS.

#48 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

You don't HAVE to shoot a ton of paint. Play pump against them, and get your shit kicked in. I don't see how shooting renters can be fun anyway.

#49 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

You don't HAVE to shoot a ton of paint. Play pump against them, and get your shit kicked in. I don't see how shooting renters can be fun anyway.

right let me know next time you play pump against a pro team how it goes.

UNL Husker Paintball

My Feedback

#50 ExtremeFacepainter

ExtremeFacepainter

Das Boot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

I know that feel. I spend 60$ a day to go paint balling and spend most of the day waiting until there is FINALLY an open field after 5 rental games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users