• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

Some people might be confused on what I mean by inferno mk 1.5 well my inferno is a hybrid the site that sold it to me said that it was kind of the first prototype version of the mk2 sent to sites for testing it seams to be identical to the mk2 in every way except it dosent have a front grip like the mk2 does its kind of cool to have one of the first versions of the marker and its probably very rare as well and i prefer it without the front grip anyway

Oh allso i have a Hellfire ported barrel it came with the marker it comes slandered with all mk3 from what i have read and it seams to be very acurate compared to the standard mk2 barrel and it looks badass

I will update the time on the title every time i make an edit i deem import for example if i post some new pictures
It will be in 0:00 GMT/UK time

Allso another thing i should mention is that i have no experience moding markers but im very creative i used to and sometimes still do mess about with a plastic construction kit called K’nex i have made anything from a rubber band powered bolt action rifle that holds fifty shots and is able to but your eye out to a 12/24 barrelled small crossbow that can fire all 12/24 barrels at the same time or even burst fire it and each barrel can be loaded with dozens of nails for a shotgun effect and it sounds ridiculously impractical but its actualy very lightweight and small and kind of fun to use
(Its 12/24 because you can attach a second one on top of it)

I have pretty much a idea about everything I want to do but any positive suggestions would be appreciated I might like to make some kind of shroud for it but I don’t know anything about that kind of thing so any advice on that would be great

And many people have concerns over whether it is worth me doing this well I think so I don’t plan to waste £100 on a marker that cost me £15 the only marker specific upgrades im serious about that would actualy cost me anything is the double trigger wich would probably be around £10 and maybe a cheap barrel to saw down that would cost me £5 or less the rest of the mods are ether DIY stuff that shouldn’t cost me anything or universal stuff like the remote line so thanks for the concern but its not rearly necessary

My plans for a full sized version are to

Get a remote line so I can store the Co2 in a backpack

allso I plan to add a small scope to it this would require some macgivering though or i could use a barrel mounted picany rail i have seen these on ebay but they cost a bit and the scope would be a bit to far up the marker but it would still work a DIY alternative is to get my hands on some broken or old binoculars and DIY them on i could get some cheap ones from a car boot sale or maybe ebay

And if fields will allow it 3 red lasers like in the predator/aliens vs. predator movies/games

I allso might go for a double trigger i dont rearly like the look of them but if it improves my shots per second then why not

I might allso convert it to HPA but i dont think any local fields use HPA so maybe not i will have to check on that although this is quite low on my list of things i want to do

Allso of course i plan to paint it woodland camo im allso thinking of giving it a ghillie treatment

And a wire frame stock similar to a Škorpion vz. 61 stock it could fold over the barrel and it would take up basically no room when folded making one might be tricky though i would have to find some strong metal but i did make a prototype out of a coat hanger that works well except its to bendy of course to be used in a real game

Another idea is to make a custom stock made from wood the only advantage I can think of though is that it would look awesome

allso I was thinking about making a hopper out of wood you know walnut cherry mahogany something like that I havent seen anyone do this and my grandfather spends all his free time carving and making things out of wood so he should be able to help me and there is allso a teacher at school that does wood shop class that has helped me with other projects before so i could ask him i could even try to make a version where the scope goes through the hopper

and another idea on top of this is to make my own custom wooden grip but the problem with this is that i cant see a way of removing the rubber grip without just cutting it of so i would have to be sure of this first

Another idea I have is to be able to convert it into a pistol whenever I feel like it

To do this I would ether need a very short barrel or I would need to buy a cheap one and saw it of

I could allso convert it to use a Co2 sparklet i think a conversion kit exists that costs about £10 and some people have told me that i could probably manage somewhere between 20 to 30 shots per Co2 sparklet but im not sure if its worth buying

Or I could just use the same remote line from the full version it would be cheaper and it would mean not having to worry about running out of gas but it would allso lessen maneuverability to an extent

im allso thinking of making a small hopper for a pistol version somewhere between 20 to 50 shots i guess and just like the full version i would like to try and make it out of wood

And i would of course keep the grip from the full version

I dont think i would bother with the scope this would be a CQC marker only i dont expect to get headshots from 150 feet out although if it does turn out to be more acurate than i imagine then i guess i could add it

I would still use the 3 lasers to aim at close range

And i would keep the double trigger on

And the camo/ghillie of course would still stay on

Here are some pictures

Some examples of what I want the fold out stock to look like

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Grim-Reaper, 19 September 2012 - 07:42 AM.

#2 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

ok, first of all it is not a very good way to start out saying "i had problems and got banned on another site please don't ban me here" also it seems the owner of the field you bought it from is offering help, and i hope you don't start a flame war like you did over there.

for anyone intersted... http://www.ukscenari...33347&start=105

because i had no idea what an inferno was and i googled it and that was the first thing that popped up.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#3 Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

ok, first of all it is not a very good way to start out saying "i had problems and got banned on another site please don't ban me here" also it seems the owner of the field you bought it from is offering help, and i hope you don't start a flame war like you did over there.

for anyone intersted... http://www.ukscenari...33347&start=105

because i had no idea what an inferno was and i googled it and that was the first thing that popped up.

i was not banned nor given any offcial warnings

and i know he is but a moderator said that he wants me to leave things for a day to let things cool down so i will reply to the post tomorow

i never started a flame war i was as nice as humanly posible

and i purposly dident mention the forums name because i dident want anything starting

can people please just stay on topic

#4 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

it is actually completely on topic because you spent half your OP talking about it. also, calling people idiots is starting a flame war, the mods are being overly friendly, and they have already solved your problem we are only going to tell you the same thing they are, and they are not saying it CANNOT be done, they are saying it would be way too difficult for you to do it as you said yourself "i don't know anything about paintball markers or working/modding them except unscrewing the barrel" just take it to the field owner and have him help you, also most people on here won't be able to help you as it is a UK marker only, i have not ever seen one in the U.S. which means none of us have any real experience with them or how the work, i assume similar to a tippmann.

it seems the issue you are having is trouble understanding the text everyone is putting out on that thread and i suggest you go back and re-read all of it.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#5 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

Just an FYI, the accuracy wont change and the distance will be the same as everyone else's, assuming you chrono at the same velocity as them, unless you are running first strike rounds or something.
And one thing that I noticed, not really a big deal, but it was really pissing me off, I think you mean "Also"...not "allso".
Anyway, best of luck ol' chap, and you know, god save the queen and all that jazz.

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#6 Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

ok then i guess if no one knows about infernos and no one is interested you can delete the thread

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users