19 replies to this topic

#1 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

Would it be possible to mod a Daisy pellet gun into a paintball gun? It would be similar to a pump. I already got some plans for it.

Edited by Woodyballer29, 19 September 2012 - 11:21 AM.

I have and I always will be a Christian Baller.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#2 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

Is the barrel/ chamber capable of allowing a paintball to fit?
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#3 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

No I would have to bore it out a lot lol! And probs improve the valve, strengthen the frame and some other stuff.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#4 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

Maybe find a piece of pvc and hack the barrel off. IDK what to do about the chamber though..
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#5 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,857 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

like a co2 powered pellet gun, or one you have to pump. If you have one to pump, it will be pretty useless, It would take alot of pumps to even propel the ball, and you would probobly blow the compression chamber before you could achieve any distance.

If it is co2 powered, you could probobly get a nelson based platform in it, it would take alot to get it to function, get a body and make it secure.

#6 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:32 AM

So it's not C02 powered it's a pump one. But there are a few steps into getting it to fire, first you have to pump it then you have to pull the bolt back and let a bb fall into the chamber, then push the bolt forward and shoot.

The first thing I would have to do is modify the barrel, what I found out when I took it apart was that the barrel was encase in a shroud which you can pull out and just leave the shroud which is similar to the barrel but of a bigger caliber. I don't know how wide it is but I might have to modify the barrel even more to get a paintball through it.

I would also have to mod the chamber to be able to get paintballs through it. I'll post more later, right now I have to go to school.

#7 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

Ok so basically you have your pump "arm" you move it down all the way and there is a little gap between the plunger/compressor part and the actual compression chamber. Once it is pulled all the way back up again and is sort of locked into place, you need to pull the cocking knob back and let a bb fall onto the top of the magnetic bolt. Then you push the bolt back into place and pull the trigger which is spring loaded onto a rammer that hits a poppet releasing the stored air in the compression chamber. That's how it works, now for modifying it :) Attached File  901_rifle_clip.jpg   80.91KB   20 downloads

Edited by Woodyballer29, 20 September 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#8 russc

russc

SMG-68 Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

Yes, this is possible. Google the Nelson 707, it was based off of a pellet gun.

oldschool play is about sportsmanship and respect, oldschool gear is available on Ebay.

YouTube Channel / Raincouver! / Feedback
Posted Image
-Russ

#9 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

Cool man, thanks! I checked it out and I think I got some ideas from it.

I am going to leave the cocking know the way it is and am going to modify a pump arm that I can attach to the cocking knob. Then I will get rid of the existing pump arm and put a plug in the end of the compression chamber. Now here's the hard part. How would I go about attaching a vertical 12 gram adapter to the bottom of the compression chamber? Or instead of putting a plug in the end I could put the 12 grams there. I may also have to change the spring that activates the rammer so it will release enough C02 to power the ball. I'm not really worried about the barrel/chamber right now because I already got an idea for that but I'm out of time right now.

Oh and I would have to strengthen the frame so it would be able to hold that much pressure.

I'll post pictures when I start working on it which will probably be Sunday.

Edited by Woodyballer29, 21 September 2012 - 07:47 AM.

#10 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

To make it even trickier the internals are pretty much all plastic and the barrel is impossible to get out of the plastic that it's "glued" into.

#11 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

It may not work. Mass of pellet does not equal mass of paintball.

I'm assuming you have a 22 cal gun, it will need to shoot a pellet 500 fps to get a paintball going around 300 fps.

If you have a .177 cal gun, it will need to shoot a pellet 750 fps to get the paintball close to 300.

You will have to figure out which model you have and what its max pellet velocity it can attain. I know some daisies can only go to 350 fps for a pellet. Which is not nearly enough to propel a paintball at playable speeds.

#12 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

Yeah I got a .177 cal, it's a 350 fps (BB) too :(

But that's why I gotta modify the compression chamber, strengthen it, put a better valve in, etc. I kind of want to keep the same look but that barrel is totally messed up for shooting a paintball through. I'll post pics tomorrow of the gun apart and stuff.

Edit: My gun without the camo, http://www.daisy.com...productid=16143

Edited by Woodyballer29, 22 September 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#13 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

I dont know about firing a paintball but I know my pellet guns are good for those pesky red squirrels :P

Primary-SP1 Blackheart with RAPS II asa                Back Up/Loaner-Tippmann Alpha Black

ANS 68/4500                                                              Guerrilla Air 48/3000 

GXG 4+5 Pod Pack-Camo                                         4+5 orGxG  4+1 

FASTA 18v LED-Smoke                                             JT Shake 'n Bake

Proto Switch FS-Camo                                               Switch FS or Tippmann Mask                                      

#14 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

But that's why I gotta modify the compression chamber, strengthen it, put a better valve in, etc. I kind of want to keep the same look but that barrel is totally messed up for shooting a paintball through. I'll post pics tomorrow of the gun apart and stuff.

Best of luck. If you are unable to do that, at its max setting it will shoot a paintball at 100-120 fps.

I would suggest using a mechanism from a pellet gun able to handle those pressures. May be safer and would be easier. Trying to make your current setup handle pressures more than double it was designed for, doesn't seem practical. Just my two cents.

#15 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

Best of luck. If you are unable to do that, at its max setting it will shoot a paintball at 100-120 fps.

I would suggest using a mechanism from a pellet gun able to handle those pressures. May be safer and would be easier. Trying to make your current setup handle pressures more than double it was designed for, doesn't seem practical. Just my two cents.

No man you're right on, thanks for all the info. I was already of thinking of using some paintball gun parts in it, it you got me thinking. If I bought a more powerful pellet gun that would be capable of shooting a paintball at those speeds then it might be a lot easier. The only problem is that pumping it would be a total workout lol.

#16 TheHunterPreist

TheHunterPreist

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

i was thinking of maybe trying this with a break barrel pellet gun, ya know the ones that shoot like 1000 fps
Setup: Smart Parts SP-1, Viewloader Vlocity, Empire Basic 48/3000
Posted Image

#17 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

Yeah I saw some of those as well, it would be so sick just to be on the field and be like, "Boom! Take that agg dye fans!" Also, it already has a name on it too :) "Grizzly".

Edited by Woodyballer29, 23 September 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#18 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

http://s1243.photobu...gun modifiying/

These are the pictures I took.

Edited by Woodyballer29, 26 September 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#19 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

I got some more ideas, I'll be using some of my Brass Eagle Avenger's parts.

#20 q000ball

q000ball

i Fought The Law, And....I Won

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

i was thinking of maybe trying this with a break barrel pellet gun, ya know the ones that shoot like 1000 fps

you might have a problem with this though, because i noticed that you live in ontario, and in canada any pellet gun that shoots 500fps or faster is technically considered a firearm, so you would need a license to buy it. But i think once it has been modified it should be legal without a license.

EDIT: directed at WoodyBaller

Edited by q000ball, 23 November 2012 - 01:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users