#1 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

Introduction, who am I?
I figured I would start this blog off with an introduction explaining myself. I am a fifteen year old kid from New York who is 6' and weighs 125lb. Yes, I am a skinny twig who eats crap all day and doesn't get fat. People always think I can't be athletic, but I am. I played varsity for my school lacrosse team, summer and winter. I have been skinny my entire life and want it to change. My father tells me he was as skinny as me when he was in 10th grade, but when 11th grade came he gained 50 pounds of muscle! My mother on the other hand can hoola hoop with a cheer-o! I figured I would start this blog to help motivate me to become fit, I want to get ripped, not that bulky.

Plan:
My main plan for my workouts will be everyday do fifteen pushups x3, then 15 crunches x3, 10 reps of 15lb x 3. How does this sound as a start? Please post your thoughts and what else I should do to get my calves ripped.
Eating
As of now my biggest problem is what I eat at school, the food it SHIT! I can't eat anything good. What should I eat for lunch? My mom only has healthy food at the house, my issue is at school. She offers to pack me lunch, what will help me get big? Any special drinks I should have? Thanks!

I WILL WORK OUT RELIGIOUSLY! PLEASE COMMENT AND HELP ME OUT!
Day 1: 5'11" - 6' (in between) 125 lbs. 9/19/12

Day 5: same height 129lbs.!!!!! 9/24/12
I feel stronger, my legs are getting stronger and arms are forming more cuts, I feel myself getting stronger. Confidence is boosted, THIS IS ACTUALLY WORKING!

Edited by Kanas, 24 September 2012 - 08:48 PM.

Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#2 newwestswag

newwestswag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

special drink is water. milk will help put on some pounds calcium and such. your mom packing lunch would be good as long as you get enough calories. to build muscle you need to eat more calories than you burn. dead lifts, squats and more should be added to your list. and crunches are useless because any good excercise uses your core (abs).

#3 DarkSide

DarkSide

I want that Purple stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

dead lifts, squats and more should be added to your list. and crunches are useless because any good excercise uses your core (abs).

This.

If you're trying to get stronger, every time you workout you should try to do more than your last workout (do more reps or add more weight, preferably add weight). If you are looking to get strong calves, the only exercise i know specifically for that are calf raises.
Honestly, you don't need to workout everyday (maybe 3-4 times a week), the resting period is when your muscles get bigger. As said before, make sure you eat enough calories (it's a lot harder than it sounds, especially if you're starting)
Good luck.
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

#4 Lyxtwing

Lyxtwing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

If you are just starting out, your main upper body exercises should be pushups and pullups/chinups (or walk the planks), combined with a leg exercise (my recommendation would be lunges). Do a combination of these and crunches about three times a week with daily cardio and you will be good for a while. When this gets to easy, start adding weight and dedicating different days to different muscle groups.

http://scoobysworksh...e-workout-plan/ something like this. Great site as well, as he will show you good form as well as a large section on nutrition. I personally have been using modified versions of his workout plans for the past three or so years to great effect.

For food you want to eat about the same calories as you are burning. You also want to make sure you increase your protein intake, aiming for about 1g per pound of body weight. This can be done via good old fashion food, or you can add some whey to your diet. Whey protein is the only "special drink" I would ever consider recommending to someone starting out. Avoid weight gainers and crap like that, just get some simple whey (again, only if your diet does not fill in your needed protein). Let your mom pack your lunch if it will be healthier than what's at school. If it's not enough calories, tell her you are finding yourself still hungry and need more food. Teens are bottomless pits when it comes to food, she will understand.

http://scoobysworksh...rie-calculator/

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

PM8 I Alias I Marq 6 I A4 Fly I E1 I eNMey I Hammer 7

#5 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Uptade! thanks all I am actually getting results!
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#6 paintballwizard8383

paintballwizard8383

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Cardio is huge, regardless if it is walking/running miles, sprints or cycling. These all help with tone or definition.

#7 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

If you want to gain weight then try powerlifting, not machines in the gym, olympic powerlifting, and while i wouldn't normally suggest a big stack for a young kid, getting on a massgainer will help.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#8 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

If you want to gain weight then try powerlifting, not machines in the gym, olympic powerlifting, and while i wouldn't normally suggest a big stack for a young kid, getting on a massgainer will help.

THIS and DO NOT be dissapointed if u dont see the "50 pounds" of muscle ur dad did lmao
OFWGKTA

#9 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

THIS and DO NOT be dissapointed if u dont see the "50 pounds" of muscle ur dad did lmao

Yeah, while you should continue with cardio and plyo, etc, to gain wait and muscle, you want small reps high weight.
Check out 4 hour body by Tim Ferriss, while not a workout plan I would suggest, it does show what the human body needs to gain different results.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#10 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

I've been a bit sick so no updates, I did gain around 10 pounds of muscle which is great! I may start doing P90x too! Updates to come as I start getting back into it.
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#11 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

If you want to get ripped and bigger then powerlift and avoid machines unless they are cable pulls
OFWGKTA

#12 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

As of now I am just worried about my diet.... Not sure what to eat at school and home... how much... and bringing food isn't an option =(
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#13 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

As of now I am just worried about my diet.... Not sure what to eat at school and home... how much... and bringing food isn't an option =(

When I was in school they would offer peanut butter sandwiches everyday as an option for people who didn't like the scheduled lunch. My school also would offer cups of vegies and fruits you could put on your tray. I would say eat those and not a nasty school pizza and fries. Another option is you could also just not eat lunch..

Edited by Kirko017, 29 November 2012 - 12:46 AM.

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

Paintball gear for sale!

#14 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Not eating lunch is impossible for me... I get hungry so fast and I work after school till five. I would NEED energy to workout.
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#15 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

why cant u bring anything
OFWGKTA

#16 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

why cant u bring anything

#17 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

I don't have time to make food, it sounds dumb but I already wake up too early to be making food as well.
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#18 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

I don't have time to make food, it sounds dumb but I already wake up too early to be making food as well.

excuses are stupid for something that takes 5 minutes and will solve ur problems
OFWGKTA

#19 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

excuses are stupid for something that takes 5 minutes and will solve ur problems

My morning is scheduled the same way every day for school. I wake up at 5:30. I run till about 6:00. Walk my dog and feed him that takes till 6:20. Eat my breakfast 6:30. shower get dressed. 7:00. finish the one page of math I leave for the morning. 7:10. And then off to school.
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#20 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

My morning is scheduled the same way every day for school. I wake up at 5:30. I run till about 6:00. Walk my dog and feed him that takes till 6:20. Eat my breakfast 6:30. shower get dressed. 7:00. finish the one page of math I leave for the morning. 7:10. And then off to school.

make it the night before
OFWGKTA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users