18 replies to this topic

#1 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

I had put together this list for a comment at the tail end of a post in the ultimate vs. forum, but seeing as how it might be useful for newer players, I decided I'd throw it in the Newbie section as well. At some point I'd like to do the same thing for all of the mechanical markers out there, but that's going to require a lot more understanding of the current pump world before I can put that post together. Anyway, if you wanted to know a marker's type and the current best price available as of today, please refer to the following table. There are a couple of electro milsim markers that haven't made their way here. If you know of any, let me know and I'll add them to the contemporary list. Thanks!

Poppets
Low End
Spyder Fenix - $150
Azodin Blitz - $170
Azodin Zenith - $250
Mid End
Dangerous Power FX - $499
Planet Eclipse Etek4 LT - $500
Alien Invasion - $599
Planet Eclipse Etek4 AM - $600
High End
Alien Invasion - $599
Vanguard Creed - $799
Bob Long G6R - $999
Planet Eclipse Ego11 - $1095

Inline Poppets
Low End
Invert Mini - $325
Planet Eclipse Etha - $395 (Price makes this a debatable Mid End marker)
Mid End
Empire Axe - $460
Empire Axe Pro - $680 (functionally is the same as the Axe, just with the redline grip and OLED)
High End
Bob Long Marq Victory V2 - $1250
Bob Long Ripper Victory - $1500 (functionally same as the V2 Victory, but with different milling, a barrel kit, and gear bag.)

Spools
Low End
Dangerous Power E1 - $190
GOG eNVy - $200
GOG eXTCy - $250
Proto Rail - $250
Dangerous Power G4 - $299
Tippman X7 Phenom - $299
Mokal Aura - $310
Valken Proton - $330
Mid End
Tippman Crossover - $429
Proto Reflex Rail - $500
MacDev Drone DX - $550
Hostile Rogue+ - $695 (I think this probably should be high end, but it's really not high on price or compared to the others in that category)
High End
Hostile Rogue+ - $695
Dangerous Power Rev-i - $850
DYE NT11 - $1000
Zodiac ZR1 - $1000
Vanguard Demon - $1050
DYE DM12 - $1300
Planet Eclipse GEO3 - $1350
MacDev Clone GT - $1400
DLX Luxe 2.0 - $1500
Machine Vapor - $1650

Edited by Unfated33, 24 September 2012 - 07:06 PM.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#2 recreationalpb

recreationalpb

Member Title

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

sweet list! this is definitely helpful to see the whole picture on whats available out there for what price.

#3 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

Dang this guy ^ beat me. :( Nice post. Very helpful.

#4 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

Also I don't think those first few guns are poppets. They're sear trippers. Not electopneumatic. Correct me if I'm wrong somebody.

Also Dangerous Power FX is a FASOR. So is the legend if you want to add it to the FASOR list.

And personally I think Alien Invasion should be in the high end for sure. It just had a mid end price.

Edited by SamBo, 23 September 2012 - 12:10 PM.

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

The Zenith, and Blitz are sear trippers, but are electric (electroneumatic)

The G4 is a dump valve marker. I think the Drone DX is as well.

I think the Alien Invasion is $650. Zeypher is having a sale.
http://alienpb.com/guns/11i.php

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 23 September 2012 - 12:17 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#6 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

Sear tripper refers to the mechanism by which the striker drives toward the poppet valve. The sear releases the striker spring which drives the striker and then air blows it back in place. A electro hammer drives the sear release. A FASOR (forward air-spring operated return) is the same thing - it uses air to drive the striker to the poppet valve and a spring to return it to rest. They're poppets.

A dump valve is a type of spool.

#7 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Inline poppits are a type of poppit, just like a dump valve is a form spool.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#8 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Nice list. Thanks :) :tup:

#9 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

Sear tripper refers to the mechanism by which the striker drives toward the poppet valve. The sear releases the striker spring which drives the striker and then air blows it back in place. A electro hammer drives the sear release. A FASOR (forward air-spring operated return) is the same thing - it uses air to drive the striker to the poppet valve and a spring to return it to rest. They're poppets.

A dump valve is a type of spool.

Good thing you said that, its funny how people claim stuff when they don't know what they are talking about. Is the slg now not considered a spool because it's a sear tripper? Is geo2 now not considered a spool valve gun because its bolt uses a dump valve design?

#10 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

I don't really have a problem combining inline poppets with stacked tube poppets, but since they cosmetically look so much different (as opposed to the different types of spools all looking the same), I think it helps new users to differentiate them.

#11 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

It's a nice list non the less.

Check the price of the Alien Invasion, because Alien is selling them for $650, and I think zeypher is having a sale.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#12 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

I don't really have a problem combining inline poppets with stacked tube poppets, but since they cosmetically look so much different (as opposed to the different types of spools all looking the same), I think it helps new users to differentiate them.

Well to me stacked tube poppets are more reliable because of less dynamic o rings. So in my mind I like them to be in separate categories.

#13 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Check the price of the Alien Invasion, because Alien is selling them for $650, and I think zeypher is having a sale.

It's one of a couple markers on the list using the current best price. It's hard to tell if that's a short-term sale or a long-term price drop. Spyder Fenix is on sale at ANSgear for $150 but listed as $165 on the Kingman website, as well. I just went with the current, contemporary prices as of today. Pricing in the future for all of these markers is assured to go down at some point anyway, but I'll edit up top to better reflect it's in today's prices. As to the SamBo's comment that the Alien Invasion is more like a high end marker, I totally buy that observation.

#14 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

It's one of a couple markers on the list using the current best price. It's hard to tell if that's a short-term sale or a long-term price drop. Spyder Fenix is on sale at ANSgear for $150 but listed as $165 on the Kingman website, as well. I just went with the current, contemporary prices as of today. Pricing in the future for all of these markers is assured to go down at some point anyway, but I'll edit up top to better reflect it's in today's prices. As to the SamBo's comment that the Alien Invasion is more like a high end marker, I totally buy that observation.

Posted Image

#15 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Poppets are poppets and spools are spools, inlines work differently, and look differently then stacked tubes do yet still utilize the same principle, Dump valves essentially still work as a spool using a piston with axial seals and look the same. Fasor's having their own category is pretty stupid as they still utilize the poppet valve, only saving a little air with a spring sending the ram back to cycle again, that's like saying blow backs should have their own category as they are simply "spring forward" (or sear tripped).The mini also has a "pro version" as they are just a mini/axe with a redline already installed (idk if you still want to include a axe "pro" in your list). Price doesn't make a difference, if i sell a spyder for $700 it is still a spyder and is still performance wise a low end. The NT11 is not in production anymore, and so in my opinion should be included in this "current" gun list. The rogue is most definitely a high end. That my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Edited by Jawz, 24 September 2012 - 04:18 PM.

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#16 SoCalPB22

SoCalPB22

Just Addictied...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

Geo 3?

#17 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

Geo 3?

It's in there - look under high end spools at the bottom. I just spelled it GEO3.

Poppets are poppets and spools are spools, inlines work differently, and look differently then stacked tubes do yet still utilize the same principle, Dump valves essentially still work as a spool using a piston with axial seals and look the same. Fasor's having their own category is pretty stupid as they still utilize the poppet valve, only saving a little air with a spring sending the ram back to cycle again, that's like saying blow backs should have their own category as they are simply "spring forward" (or sear tripped).The mini also has a "pro version" as they are just a mini/axe with a redline already installed (idk if you still want to include a axe "pro" in your list). Price doesn't make a difference, if i sell a spyder for $700 it is still a spyder and is still performance wise a low end. The NT11 is not in production anymore, and so in my opinion should be included in this "current" gun list. The rogue is most definitely a high end. That my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Great clarification. I thought you could still get an NT11 new because of the large available stock even if they aren't making any. That said, I'm fine with crossing them off. You twisted my arm, I'll go ahead and move the Rogue. :)

#18 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

My rogue sure has a lot of problems for a high end >.>

#19 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch