• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fubar2222

Fubar2222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

Is there any reason my user id keeps getting deleted?

I've signed up, clicked the validation link in the email that was sent and logged in successfully.

A few days later, I go to log in and my user id can't be found.

Registering again seems to work, but I've been deleted twice now. I haven't received any bans, notifications, etc., so I don't think I've done anything wrong.

Any idea what's causing this?

#2 sagestylerpb

sagestylerpb

Colorado Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Your profile most likely got deleted along with a small series of spam bots that were making their way onto the site.

Sorry about the mix up and welcome! Let use know if you have any questions. Thanks :)
8/0/0

Are we doing Satan's work? Absolutely

Been scammed? PM a mod :)

#3 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

I will add I think your username kind of raises flags. But as long as you make a post you should be good. What we do at times and as of recently due to bot attacks is any accounts with zero posts we purge after so long. So you may been caught in that web.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. But it is a result of trying to create a good environment as SPAM free as possible.

Thanks for your continued support.

#4 Fubar2222

Fubar2222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

That makes sense. I'm sure the inconvenience of having to create a new account is pretty minor compared to the hassle you have to put up with trying to keep the spambots out of the site.

Good work guys.

#5 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

That makes sense. I'm sure the inconvenience of having to create a new account is pretty minor compared to the hassle you have to put up with trying to keep the spambots out of the site.

Good work guys.

You have no idea, especially when we get a dozen or more spam bots all at once. Thanks for being understanding. :tup: :tup: :tup:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users