22 replies to this topic

#1 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

Ok, there seems to be so many torture tests online of like the Etha and such. Why aren't people giving torture tests to like the high end markers?? Figure if you're spending the money on it, you might as well have a product that can stand a beating.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,013 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

Because torture tests are a gimmick.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 Gyvanth

Gyvanth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

Well the Etha was marketed to be a hybrid speedball/woodsball gun, especially with its EMC kit. Woodsball guns can take a lot of damage out there, much more so than speedball guns, and thus it makes more sense to test the durability of a woodsball gun. Testing a speedball gun's durability isn't really worth it because outside of a few dives, they don't take huge beatings.

Basically, the Etha has so many torture tests online because it is trying to prove itself as a great woodsball gun while still being a speedball gun.

#4 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

Because they're expensive and people don't want to waste money ruining it.

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#5 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Well the Etha was marketed to be a hybrid speedball/woodsball gun, especially with its EMC kit. Woodsball guns can take a lot of damage out there, much more so than speedball guns, and thus it makes more sense to test the durability of a woodsball gun. Testing a speedball gun's durability isn't really worth it because outside of a few dives, they don't take huge beatings.

Basically, the Etha has so many torture tests online because it is trying to prove itself as a great woodsball gun while still being a speedball gun.

What lol!!!!

It's because u do dive that speed ball guns have stronger durability (dye and PE exempt lol)

If anyone did a dive with a woodsball marker especially something with a cyclone I'm pretty damn sure the plastic woodsball feedneck will not hold up

But mos torture test are unnecessary and a gimmick because when will u actually dive into water or fire

Edited by Razgriz183, 26 September 2012 - 01:53 PM.

my feedback :) 16/0/0
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

www.santaclarapaintball.com

#6 CompulsivePB

CompulsivePB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

Part of the appeal of a less expensive gun is that you can beat on it and not care about what it looks like. Afterall, you don't have much invested in it. Although I can play with any gun I want; I play woodsball with an off the shelf A5 and I don't give damaging it a second thought. Would a higher end gun be just as reliable? Sure, but I'd be worried about messing it up.

I think that from a durability perspective it is pretty uniform between woodsball and speedball guns as well as from high end to low end as long as you are sticking with major brands. Where the discrepancy ends is that most people aren't going to go out of their way to abuse a gun they paid a thousand bucks or more for just to show you that it can take it. They'll be much more willing to do that with a Tippmann 98.

#7 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,641 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

If anyone did a dive with a woodsball marker especially something with a cyclone I'm pretty damn sure the plastic woodsball feedneck will not hold up

But mos torture test are unnecessary and a gimmick because when will u actually dive into water or fire

Cyclones are more than strong enough for a good chuck, had to throw my gun over a stream last time I played so I had both hands to climb the other side, all that happened is the hopper popped off, since its a huge wide cylinder there's plenty of area to spread out the force of an impact. Rental guns have used plastic feednecks since forever, even if they did break they're replaceable.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#8 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

Woodsball guns are all plastic. I would trust my all aluminum body speedball marker in a hard fall than a plastic a5 or whatever else you consider woodsball. Speedball markers are also designed to take abuse. I never see woodsball dudes slapping their guns on the ground from superman slides.

The reason you see a lot of pics of speedball markers getting fucked up is because their owners actually push the thing to the limits and do stuff to damage them. The most i've seen a woodsball guy do is smack his gun against a tree from tripping.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#9 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

I'm waiting for a Woodsball vs Speedball fight...

Edited by REDCOBRA, 26 September 2012 - 09:57 PM.

Posted Image

#10 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

I'm waiting for a bucket of KFC.

#11 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

Church's chicken is better, just sayin...

Posted Image

#12 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

What lol!!!!

It's because u do dive that speed ball guns have stronger durability (dye and PE exempt lol)

lol at PE having durible bodies/frames

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

But yeah anyways torture tests are pretty much gimmicks. I sure hope no one is chucking their $1250 marker across a pond...

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#13 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

What lol!!!!

Posted Image

But yeah anyways torture tests are pretty much gimmicks. I sure hope no one is chucking their $1250 marker across a pond...

Lol I did say dye and PE exempt lol!!!! But if u did the same dive with a tippman it'll probably do that to u lol

Oh PE did claim they built them to do that on purpose I guess a PE is like a Honda because they have crumble zones too

Btw I have never seen anyone superman with any milsim marker... It seems to break the milsim role
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

#14 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

What lol!!!!

Posted Image

Lol I did say dye and PE exempt lol!!!! But if u did the same dive with a tippman it'll probably do that to u lol

Oh PE did claim they built them to do that on purpose I guess a PE is like a Honda because they have crumble zones too

Btw I have never seen anyone superman with any milsim marker... It seems to break the milsim role

I've done a quasi Superman with my 98. Wasn't that bad TBH.....

#15 sagestylerpb

sagestylerpb

Colorado Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

Be glad the frames twist on the PE. That could be the bones in your arm lol.
8/0/0

Are we doing Satan's work? Absolutely

Been scammed? PM a mod :)

#16 Space-Invader

Space-Invader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

What lol!!!!

Posted Image

I cried when i saw this :( .....ninja :ph34r:
Proud Christian Baller- Phillipians 4:13
Soccer and Paintball are BANGIN like a BISQUIT
Reppin for the Dope Fresh Nation SAAN!
The one and only Shadow Alchemist - *FMA*

#17 lukylovespaintballin

lukylovespaintballin

Turtleloverofthemaxofthemostextreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

people will destroy cheap guns for views and un bias reviews since they are cheap but others people dont want to waste money

My link for my guns

MY FEEDBACK 5/0/0

Nothing some beatings tear gas and hard labour will fix

#18 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

Woodsball guns are all plastic. I would trust my all aluminum body speedball marker in a hard fall than a plastic a5 or whatever else you consider woodsball. Speedball markers are also designed to take abuse. I never see woodsball dudes slapping their guns on the ground from superman slides.

The reason you see a lot of pics of speedball markers getting fucked up is because their owners actually push the thing to the limits and do stuff to damage them. The most i've seen a woodsball guy do is smack his gun against a tree from tripping.

So much this.

PE frames bend because there has to be a weak point. Instead of snapping and shattering, they are made to bend.

#19 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

Why exactly is the PE frame made to bend?
That seems to me just a PR attempt to justify the fact that they traded durability for less weight.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#20 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

Yup, but from what I understand they'll replace them for free.

#21 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

Yup, but from what I understand they'll replace them for free.

Well at least it's not planned obsolescence then.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#22 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,013 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

From what I've seen, it's definitely not an automatic free new frame from PE, at least not for everyone.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#23 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

From what I've seen, it's definitely not an automatic free new frame from PE, at least not for everyone.

yep its $88 for a new frame and $140 for a new board

assuming you didn't rip out your noid wires and eyes in the process
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users