• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Ok so let me vent for a minute.. Why in the fuck does everyone start a video with, "Hey Guys, <name> here"?

Dont give me this, oh its just a standard greeting bullshit. When was the last time you just walked up to someone and said that? Look, either a) I already know you and you dont have to tell me your name or b)I dont know you and dont care.

Obviously I do care about what you have to say (or I wouldnt even be watching) so skip the pleasantries and just say it!

And stopping to think about it... its not that its said, its that EVERYONE says it. Throw some originality in there, get peoples attention, blow something up, flick a booger at the camera, get their attention and stop being so damn boring.

Damn Im angry today.. I think I need to get into my station wagon, go home, kick my dog, and make fun of the idiots on PBN. That always makes me feel better about myself.

Dont hate on my sweet ride. A few more payments and this baby is mine!
Posted Image

Edited by Infidel, 26 September 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#2 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

You sound like a 12 year old

and make fun of the idiots on PBN

And it's a standard introduction. If you really can't wait for 1.5 seconds for the introduction to be over you have some major patience issues. Man this rant is terrible. Put some effort into the next one.

#3 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

How old is that picture?

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

Well, this was dumb.

1) It's a standard thing to introduce yourself.
2) Learn to have some paitients
3) You have some anger issues

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:21 AM

Well, this was dumb.

Well yeah, its a rant right?...isnt this the place to argue and vent? Sorry if I posted it in the wrong forum, let me know if there is a better place.

• Do you always repeat the previous poster said?
  • Do you always repeat the previous poster said? (actually Im not even sure I know what "paitients" is)
  • Do you have anything new to add?

The rant might be terrible, but Im not plagiarizing someone elses comments. Again, get some originality. And its no worse than having "fuck yolo" in your sig (that rant was much more intelligent)

And it's a standard introduction. If you really can't wait for 1.5 seconds for the introduction to be over you have some major patience issues. Man this rant is terrible. Put some effort into the next one.

Sorry if that PBN line encapsulated you, honest mistake. Its okay to be 12, right? I mean there isnt an age restriction on this forum is there?

And now that I look at it.. youre only 16, so you hardly have the right to complain about someone thats only 4 years younger than you, hypocrite.

How old is that picture?

No idea, its not mine. I cant even drive yet. P.S. I dont own a dog either, you people need to try relax. Getting all worked up isnt good for an old persons heart.

Edited by Infidel, 27 September 2012 - 07:08 AM.

#6 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

Well, this was dumb.

Well yeah, its a rant right?...isnt this the place to argue and vent? Sorry if I posted it in the wrong forum, let me know if there is a better place.

• Do you always repeat the previous poster said?
  • Do you always repeat the previous poster said? (actually Im not even sure I know what "paitients" is)
  • Do you have anything new to add?

The rant might be terrible, but Im not plagiarizing someone elses comments. Again, get some originality. And its no worse than having "fuck yolo" in your sig (that rant was much more intelligent)

Sorry if that PBN line encapsulated you, honest mistake. Its okay to be 12, right? I mean there isnt an age restriction on this forum is there?

And now that I look at it.. youre only 16, so you hardly have the right to complain about someone thats only 4 years younger than you, hypocrite.

How old is that picture?

No idea, its not mine. I cant even drive yet. P.S. I dont own a dog either, you people need to try relax. Getting all worked up isnt good for an old persons heart.

Wow... Kid get off the internet and get a life. Seriously. You can't even rant well.

It's just a standard thing to do, and a polite one in fact. I'm sure in a job interview you aren't going to just barge right into the door and start talking about yourself.

Anyways, take your anger issues, and get them solved first before you do anything else in this forum.

You know, if you don't like that greeting, why don't you start making your own videos?

And actually, the difference between a 12 year old and a 16 year old is pretty substantial.

And if you had any resemblance of intelligence, you would know that "paitients" meant to be "patience".

/thread

#7 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

I see it as professional if you introduce your self...
RAWR?

#8 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Wow... Kid get off the internet and get a life. Seriously. You can't even rant well.

Youre a little late to the party as we already covered this, but please enlighten me with one of your rants and I will take my cues from that.

It's just a standard thing to do, and a polite one in fact. I'm sure in a job interview you aren't going to just barge right into the door and start talking about yourself.

OMG your analogy sucks. First, Ive never been on a job interview so when you want to give an example, make sure you are mindful of your audience. Second, When was the last time you had an interview where you just spoke and it wasnt bi-directional? Jesus I could go on but its just too easy and I really dont want to beat you up over one mistake.

Anyways, take your anger issues, and get them solved first before you do anything else in this forum.

You know, if you don't like that greeting, why don't you start making your own videos?

I do make my own.. I wouldnt be here trying to help others unless I already had the experience and I am working on my anger issues, my therapist tells me that is good to talk about things and to find venues were its socially accepted to argue and vent. Is this not the place?

And actually, the difference between a 12 year old and a 16 year old is pretty substantial.

And if you had any resemblance of intelligence, you would know that "paitients" meant to be "patience".

Okay Einstein, if you had any resemblance of intelligence you would know I was taking a jab at someone who was attempting to be degrading to others. You know, trying to give him a point of reference that hes not perfect either? Right?.. kinda like what Im doing to you right now?

So tell me, is it lonely on that high horse of yours?

Edited by Infidel, 27 September 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#9 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

I see it as professional if you introduce your self...

See now this is good feedback, thanks.

#10 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

you people need to try relax. Getting all worked up isnt good for an old persons heart.

wat.

#11 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

hey guys! Stop introducing yourself in a normal fashion! Let's all be "cool" so that this one kid will like us!

Not happy with the way people formulate a sentence which they say their name to identify themselves? Go watch another video. Simple as that.

#12 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

hey guys! Stop introducing yourself in a normal fashion! Let's all be "cool" so that this one kid will like us!

Not happy with the way people formulate a sentence which they say their name to identify themselves? Go watch another video. Simple as that.

Comedy coming from someone whose member title is "I hate people". With that bit of information, it would be easy for me to say, "Not happy with people? kill yourself". Easy to do, but really provides nothing of value.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, I will take it under advisement.

Edited by Infidel, 27 September 2012 - 11:21 AM.

#13 H all day

H all day

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

Comedy coming from someone whose member title is "I hate people". With that bit of information, it would be easy for me to say, "Not happy with people? kill yourself". Easy to do, but really provides nothing of value.

You obviusly socialy awkward and when you go to school you go around butting into conversations and starting your sentences when you meet someone with "goodbye".
I pay for all my gear...Im 13.If your under 18 and pay for your gear, put this section in your sig
Proud Christian Paintballer!!

#14 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

Your point is noted, but I do not go to school to be socially accepted, I go to learn.

#15 H all day

H all day

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

So you have no friends?
I pay for all my gear...Im 13.If your under 18 and pay for your gear, put this section in your sig

#16 Titan429

Titan429

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hello,
My name is Titan429 and this is my reply to your rant. Just be patient, although I do hate boring videos too, it only takes people a few seconds at introducing themselves.

P.s. sweet station wagon, too bad It's not yours ;)

#17 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

Haha, really? Are you really trying that approach to simply attack me?
You might just be the most failed smartass on this forum.

I might bring out the popcorn for this one, it's gonna be fun watching you attack everyone that disagrees with you. Keep the good work up! :tup:

#18 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

I might bring out the popcorn for this one, it's gonna be fun watching you attack everyone that disagrees with you. Keep the good work up! :tup:

I think you might be mistaken, or we just have a different opinion on what constitutes an "attack". Also, as far as Im aware, there is no smartass [sic] competition that you think Im trying to win, no trophy, nothing.. give it a rest...BTW if I or anyone else happens to fail at something, thats perfectly fine too.

#19 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hello,
My name is Titan429 and this is my reply to your rant. Just be patient, although I do hate boring videos too, it only takes people a few seconds at introducing themselves.

P.s. sweet station wagon, too bad It's not yours ;)

You sir have a great attitude. That first line was good. :tup:

Edited by Infidel, 27 September 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#20 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

I think you might be mistaken, or we just have a different opinion on what constitutes an "attack". Also, as far as Im aware, there is no smartass [sic] competition that you think Im trying to win, no trophy, nothing.. give it a rest...BTW if I or anyone else happens to fail at something, thats perfectly fine too.

It wasn't a personal attack(Like one trying to offend me). But an attack of some sort non the less. Why else did you drag in something completely irrelevant like my members title?

#21 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

It wasn't a personal attack(Like one trying to offend me). But an attack of some sort non the less. Why else did you drag in something completely irrelevant like my members title?

For the same reason that you would reply to my post with useless content.

#22 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Oh, so my post wasn't relevant to your rant? :huh:
You are ranting about the way people say hello in videos, right?
And I did write a response specifically to that, didn't I?

And if it was so useless, why even bother to respond? You could easily just have ignored my post.

#23 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

Oh, so my post wasn't relevant to your rant? :huh:
You are ranting about the way people say hello in videos, right?
And I did write a response specifically to that, didn't I?

And if it was so useless, why even bother to respond? You could easily just have ignored my post.

I did not say it wasn't relevant, I said it was useless - it provided no beneficial content. Your intent was obviously to mock.

Yes, I could ignore your post and you have the option to ignore mine, feel free to take your own advice.

#24 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

You sir, are a fucking asshat. Also, since it's too boring to introduce myself at the beginning of things, let me introduce myself now. Fuck you, my name is Caleb, and I hope you bugger off somewhere. See what I did there? Instead of saying "Hello", I said "Fuck you". I thought I would try something different, while also not plagiarizing others. There isn't an age restriction on this forum, but sometimes I wonder whether there should be an IQ restriction on oxygen.

#25 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Sorry you got your feelings hurt, but heres a puppy so you can turn that frown upside down! :tup:

Posted Image

Edited by Infidel, 27 September 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#26 WFOchevy30

WFOchevy30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

This rant is bad and you should feel bad!

Also hello my name is Steve I hope you enjoyed reading this. If not please feel free to take it up with someone who cares.

#27 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

I know, right.. the guy said fuck like three times in one post... and people say I have anger management issues. I wonder if he will accept my friend request?

Also hello my name is Steve I hope you enjoyed reading this. If not please feel free to take it up with someone who cares.

Hi Steve, I did.... Immensely! Pleasure to meet you.

#28 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

it's at times like this i wish sticktodrum was here, he would rip this guy to shreds.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#29 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

wow ripping a twelve year old to shreds on the internet... Mom must be proud.

#30 H all day

H all day

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Do you not understand english he said sticktodrum.

#31 SynystrAssassin

SynystrAssassin

Flawless is a Habit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

Damn.

#32 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

^ This.

#33 SynystrAssassin

SynystrAssassin

Flawless is a Habit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

And yet you set yourself up by arguing with everyone else in this thread...

#34 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

And yet you set yourself up by arguing with everyone else in this thread...

Oh I knew it was possible just from posting in this section. Most of the OPs do get flamed, I just had no idea how pissed everyone would get. I really havent thrown out any profanity laced diatribes directed towards anyone. Just playful banter as far as Im concerned.

Edited by Infidel, 27 September 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#35 newwestswag

newwestswag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

I think everybody is blowing things out of proportion. One rant about a sentence that bugs somebody causes this. Doesn't the turn out of this rant seem stupid from what it started at? Yes, it does. Everybody calm down and move on with your lives.

#36 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Hello, and welcome to the Internet, you must be new here.

Oh, and thank you for pointing out my sig, I thought nobody would notice. ;)

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 27 September 2012 - 06:54 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#37 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

I know, right.. the guy said fuck like three times in one post... and people say I have anger management issues. I wonder if he will accept my friend request?

I wonder if you realize that he is telling you that your rant is bad.

Also, anybody can use an online thesaurus to make themselves sound more intelligent.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#38 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

I wonder if you realize that he is telling you that your rant is bad.

heh.. yes I did. :)

Also, anybody can use an online thesaurus to make themselves sound more intelligent.

Since I didnt use one, I'll take that as a compliment, thank you.

#39 rockout918

rockout918

Forum Storyteller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

H-hey guys? Can't-can't we all just b-be friends?
CLICK for more stories on my Tumblr When in doubt google it! UCR class of 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/RockOut918
Haters gonna hate; Ponies gonna pwn

#40 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

Middle schoolers... Look kiddo, you'll learn sometime. But whatever. Keep up the good work. Pissing off the people of the forum is a great way to engage in social media. You'll be accepted as one of us soon enough Posted Image

#41 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

BRO do you even autococker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

Posted Image

I never get wipers, blood is hard to wipe off.

Do it with style ~ Total Grief

I like autocockers and autococker accessories.

#42 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:14 AM

Posted Image

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#43 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

Middle schoolers... Look kiddo, you'll learn sometime. But whatever. Keep up the good work. Pissing off the people of the forum is a great way to engage in social media. You'll be accepted as one of us soon enough Posted Image

What did I do to piss you off? If I remember correctly you came to my thread.

If I wanted to piss people off I would be saying things like, "Judging by your grammar and masterful use of profanity I would have to assume you were behind the rest of us. Why? Because I'm in high school, not middle school. Ohh.. thats is isn't it? Are you an angry little man because you're intellectually inadequate, so you feel the need to belittle people by petty name calling? Did mommy not hold you enough or maybe Daddy held you a little too much (Sandusky family member?)" Dude, I could go on and on.. I let your first reply slide, but why do you keep coming back?.

Again I haven't even begun (other than the example I just wrote) to try to take jabs at people while you constantly try to degrade others by calling them.. "an asshat"...whatever in the fuck that is.

Some people find it funny, some don't... if you are the type that doesn't, don't read it... put me on ignore. Problem solved. Now go play on facebook.

Edited by Infidel, 28 September 2012 - 08:46 AM.

#44 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

Unofficial Official Ranter.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

So...This thread went to shit rather quickly.

And it's usually a better idea to start a video off with "Hey, <name. here..." then "Hey DouchDicks, contract syphilis" and just kind of go on with what you were going to do...

Edited by Wolfwood, 28 September 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#45 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

According to some, this thread started off as shit, but whats done is done.

In regards to your way of starting off a video, I don't know, that was kinda funny actually.. then again, Im pretty fucked up in the head. In the end its just a personal preference I'm not telling people to change, nor am I saying people are wrong for doing it one way or another, its just one of my pet peeves and I thought I would rant about it here with no idea on the chaos that would ensue.

Lets be honest though, it wasn't my original post, it was the fact that I fought back. Looking at some other threads here they usually start with the OP bitching about something, everyone else telling him to deal with it (or the problem is his for letting it bother him) and the OP really doesn't say anything back. The fact that I had some fun with people seemed to enrage them and now people are coming out of the woodwork to throw their hat in the ring. I have no issues with anyone here.... hell I don't even know them... so I apologize if I pissed anyone off, but I still don't think I started any of the insulting. I am polite to everyone who is courteous with me but if someone wants to have a go at me.... Im not one to back down.

Mahalo nui loa

#46 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

It's nice not being able to see what that kid posts now.

#47 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

"Nah Nah boo-boo, I cannot see you" says the man from Purdue.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users