15 replies to this topic

#1 BrownChickenBrownCow

BrownChickenBrownCow

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:02 AM

I have been thinking about buying a spool because I've never shot one. I figured a DM was a good place to start since they can be had at a decent price. I stumbled upon a UConn DM9 on the nation for $395. I'm originally from Connecticut and am a die hard UConn basketball fan, so it really caught my attention.

Here are my questions and concerns. Is the price fair? Is this.a good choice for my first spool? Are there any better choices you could recommend? Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:17 AM

Price is okay, not stellar as DM12s are 650 now.
DMs are very solid spools and pretty much everything about them is known and easily diagnosed and fixed.
For 395, there arent really that many good spools in that price range. However, once you go about 200-300 dollars up, youre open to cloneVX, Geo2,Luxe1.0,more recent DMs(Though all dms past dm6 are pretty much the same).
If you are looking for poppets, the axe, independence, g6r are really good options

the g6r in my opinion is still the best bang for the buck high end if you want a poppet and Geo2 is the best bang for the buck for a high end spool

Edited by 510waffles, 27 September 2012 - 02:17 AM.

#3 BrownChickenBrownCow

BrownChickenBrownCow

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

I own a g6r and an axe. I'm just looking to try out a spool. I figured I could flip a DM9 pretty fast and not take a loss if I didn't like it. At that price the wife wouldn't complain too much either. What would be a good price for it and is there anything else to look for in that range?

#4 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

I own a g6r and an axe. I'm just looking to try out a spool. I figured I could flip a DM9 pretty fast and not take a loss if I didn't like it. At that price the wife wouldn't complain too much either. What would be a good price for it and is there anything else to look for in that range?

nothing really worth that money in there that i can think of at the moment.you already have an axe and g6r. unless you really want to try a spool.

My personal opinion is that if you want to try a spool, you should try luxe or GT and that would mean saving a little bit.

the DM9 is at a good price, but not enough to flip it.

theres a dm10 for 500 on trademygun if that gives you an idea how much the DM9 is worth.

Edited by 510waffles, 27 September 2012 - 02:44 AM.

#5 ironicEgo

ironicEgo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

$250-$300 is where its at, if its stock....
i got my LNIB DM9 for $425 shipped 10 months ago with a B wing bolt (stock bolt included), trauma board, medium Dye parts kit and an NT ASA with the stock ASA...
i dont value custom lasering or anno jobs, coz as implied, its "customized" to the original owner...but in your case, its an added value...

#6 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

Fair price. Not a whole lot changes from year to year with DMs, so if you wanted to save a few bucks you could look at a DM7 or 8, or a PM8, and get a very similar marker for $100 less or better. Either way, you're not going to get hurt too bad if you flip it. You might even make a few bucks...all the DM9 completed listings on eBay went for over $400.

#7 heylookitskarl

heylookitskarl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

thats a dam good price, considering they were $1000 three years ago!

#8 lukylovespaintballin

lukylovespaintballin

Turtleloverofthemaxofthemostextreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

nothing really worth that money in there that i can think of at the moment.you already have an axe and g6r. unless you really want to try a spool.

My personal opinion is that if you want to try a spool, you should try luxe or GT and that would mean saving a little bit.

the DM9 is at a good price, but not enough to flip it.

theres a dm10 for 500 on trademygun if that gives you an idea how much the DM9 is worth.

My link for my guns

MY FEEDBACK 5/0/0

Nothing some beatings tear gas and hard labour will fix

#9 BrownChickenBrownCow

BrownChickenBrownCow

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:31 AM

Bought the DM for less than his asking price including shipping and fees. I'm happy and I feel the price was fair. Now I can't wait for it to get here!

#10 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:21 AM

Good luck with it and enjoy.

#11 GuyGrim

GuyGrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

Bought the DM for less than his asking price including shipping and fees. I'm happy and I feel the price was fair. Now I can't wait for it to get here!

Show us a Picture!!

#12 BrownChickenBrownCow

BrownChickenBrownCow

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

When I'm not on my phone I'll link to the sales thread from the nation. I'll definitely try to get pics up when she comes in.

#13 BrownChickenBrownCow

BrownChickenBrownCow

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

Here is the sales link. Should be shipping out on Monday which means I should have it in time to play with on Saturday!

#14 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

DM9's are the lightest dm's i believe? Not to mention DM's haven't really changed much in throught the dm6, to 12, so the lightest one is an excellent choice, DM's are amazing :)
109.gif

#15 BrownChickenBrownCow

BrownChickenBrownCow

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

Posted Image

Her she is! Finally got a chance to get a pic up. There was a little leak around the LPR after I the first test fire, but nothing a little cleaning, lube and o rings couldn't fix. When I used it at the field I was getting a high capacity rotor and 5 lock lids out of my 68/45 Ninja SLP, so I couldn't complaint about that since that's all the paint I carry. IT shot really great, but the trigger just isn't right yet. It takes me a little but before I can walk the trigger and it just isn't as consistent as my Axe of G6r. Overall I was impressed with it and I think I'm going to hang on to it for a while. This winter I've got some plans for her. I'm thinking changing all the o rings, getting the bolt polished and putting in an eigenring. I want to see how smooth I can get this thing. I might also replace the jewels on the side and upgrade to the new style ASA and angled reg swivel.

#16 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

Posted Image

Her she is! Finally got a chance to get a pic up. There was a little leak around the LPR after I the first test fire, but nothing a little cleaning, lube and o rings couldn't fix. When I used it at the field I was getting a high capacity rotor and 5 lock lids out of my 68/45 Ninja SLP, so I couldn't complaint about that since that's all the paint I carry. IT shot really great, but the trigger just isn't right yet. It takes me a little but before I can walk the trigger and it just isn't as consistent as my Axe of G6r. Overall I was impressed with it and I think I'm going to hang on to it for a while. This winter I've got some plans for her. I'm thinking changing all the o rings, getting the bolt polished and putting in an eigenring. I want to see how smooth I can get this thing. I might also replace the jewels on the side and upgrade to the new style ASA and angled reg swivel.

Cool! I would suggest changing the trigger to a sythe style, like your Axe, and G6R. Not that its a bad trigger, just most people hate it (I love it). Good luck with your ups
109.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users