10 replies to this topic

#1 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

So right now I'm in the middle of my football season and I'm trying to lose a little weight so i've been dieting . I've been generally cutting down on what I eat and I'm watching what I eat. Only problem is that towards the end of the school day I feel hungry and sometimes at football I feel kind of fatigued and hungry.

My typical day of eating
Breaky:
Coffee (double , double)
ham and cheddar breakfast sandwich
water ( 1 cup to 2 cups)
Lunch:
Schinders lunchmate ( the thing with crackers, cheese and deli meat)
Water (1 bottle)
Dinner:
Chunky soup
Spinach ( a ton lol)
Juice or water with crystal light
Fruit

What should I be eating that makes me full and nourished but lets me lose weight?

Edited by REDCOBRA, 29 September 2012 - 03:16 AM.

Posted Image

#2 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

I would change those stupid little lunch things with a home made sandwich piled high with lettuce, tomato, etc. You probably wont be hungry at the end of the day then.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#3 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Replace the coffee with a apple.

After football practice try making a protein shake? 2 scoops of whey protein with water is usually around 200 calories or less

#4 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

All of the foods you listed are mediocre in terms of nutrition. Eat more fresh fruits and veggies, and whole meats rather than processed deli cuts and canned soup.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#5 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

Okay revised my eating

Breaky:
Ham and cheese sandwich
Fruit juice
Water

Lunch:
Sandwich ( deli meats and cheese)
Cucumbers / salad
fruits
Triscuts ( I F'n Love triscuts)
water

dinner:
beef / chicken ( BBQ or Pan cooked)
salad and/or spinach
Water / Crystal light water
Fruit

How's it looking now? Any recommendations?

Posted Image

#6 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

Moderately better, but still mediocre. Shoot for something like this, if you can:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon, orange, apple, glass of milk, coffee

Lunch: Chicken ceasar salad, Trisquit "croutons", water

Dinner: Grilled salmon, cucumber, squash, dried tomato, glass of wine

Unless you are getting fresh meat deli cuts from the butcher, any pre-packaged sandwich meats are remarkably high in sodium. It's a small complaint, but if you aren't careful with the rest of your diet, high sodium can lead to elevated blood pressure.
Unless you are into some sports that require crazy carb loading (like cross country running, or swimming), you will do good for yourself to eat less bread, especially if the bread you use is anything less than whole wheat. The carbs in most of the vegetables will be more than enough for most people.
Unless you are crazy, you know as well as I do, that you would rather eat this kind of diet, simply because it sounds so tasty. It might not be as easy to prepare as a couple of sandwiches, but healthy stuff usually isn't.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#7 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

When I was eating properly I lost like 15-20 lbs in half a year or so. I weighed about 170 at one point but after half a year I was down to 154. Basically my meals were somewhat like this:

Breakfast: Bowl of oatmeal, banana, bottle of water (this was also my preworkout)

2 scoops of whey protein with water for post workout than a meal

Lunch: Salmon/Tilapia with a sweet potatoe or brown rice or spinach, whole wheat pasta with grilled chicken

If hungry I would have a snack: Peanut butter sandwhich will all natural peanut butter and whole wheat bread

Dinner: Mainly whatever my parents were cooking but it was generally a steak, ground beef tacos, grilled chicken, whole wheat pasta and meatballs etc

Mainly tried to keep away from eating at night but sometimes I would have a small snack either a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread, nonfat low sugar yogurt or some egg whites mixed with spinach, or assorted nuts (peanuts have a lot of good fats in them)

Basically I would stay away from anything white. Just changing your bread, rice, and pasta to whole wheat really makes a difference. Some would say some chips are ok but I would stay away from the triscuits. I know you love them but when dieting you have to make a sacrifice for it to really work. Fruits are good enough but you don't have to eat it every meal. You can use them as a quick snack every once in a while. You should be drinking a gallon of ice cold water a day. Don't drink too much soda or juice, mainly just have regular water. What helped me was just getting poland spring bottles of water till I drank about 4 liters of water (8 .5 liter bottles) this way you know you drank a gallon. Make sure you're eating lean meats like chicken, turkey and beef. Turkey really helps with weight loss from the studies people have done. Try to stay away from pork and anything breaded since it is fried which is bad. That's what I did so I hope it helps you

Edited by mustangs, 09 October 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#8 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Took some tips from this and changed my diet , Dropped 2 pant sizes, and ~15 pounds in ~3 weeks

Edited by REDCOBRA, 10 October 2012 - 10:46 PM.

Posted Image

#9 paintballwizard8383

paintballwizard8383

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Fish is the leanest form of protein, I personally love fish so that is a big one for me in regards to dinners. Good Luck and Keep at it!

#10 Beneficient

Beneficient

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Cut dowm more fat, bakery, and dairy foods and take more veggies and protein foods in your diet to improve your fitness level and get your body in shape.
Eat more raw fruits and vegetables for the purpose of losing the excess body weight.

#11 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Don't listen to those saying no coffee, just keep it black, no cream or sugar
As far as the rest of the meals, rid yourself of the processed foods, and learn to read a label and track your meals.
There are 2 ways to lose weight, both are a calorie deficit diet, one involves tracking macro-nutrients. Assuming you are already in somewhat good shape, learn to track what macro's you need and fulfill those needs while still keeping your calories at a deficit.
The biggest thing is reading labels, especially eating out. For example, last night I had a meal out, and while the caloric count and such were in line allowing me to eat it, the sodium was 1200mg in just that one entree. I chalked it up to moderation, but when you become familiar with the basics of nutrition, you will sicken yourself reading the labels of a lot of food.
For help explaining what your macro-nutrient needs are and such, look here.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users