Photo

Terrible Life Lessons that you probably shouldn't take anything from.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#51 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Being young and getting married is not the issue, rushing a marriage is.

This.
It matters who you're with, no what age you are.

There have been some really great young marriages, and really shit older marriages, and vice-versa.
People's compatibility is far too diverse to be grouped into such crude predictions.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#52 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

False.

Psychological studies show that marrying in the early 20s makes you happier all around than marrying in your late 20s.

I'd like to see these "Psychological Studies"

Alright, maybe what I said was a little off. Typically though, the more educated, more mature people that marry at the early to mid 20's are happier than marrying at later years.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#53 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

I'm going to say it's the quality of the relationship that matters, not when they get married.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#54 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

Unofficial Official Ranter.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

False.

Psychological studies show that marrying in the early 20s makes you happier all around than marrying in your late 20s.

I'd like to see these "Psychological Studies"

Alright, maybe what I said was a little off. Typically though, the more educated, more mature people that marry at the early to mid 20's are happier than marrying at later years.

True.

I decided to do a little research, according to statistics (And common sense) those who married in their early twenties (20-24) had an average divorce rate of about 37% Compared to those who marry in their late twenties (25-29) had a divorce average rate of around 19% And it steadily goes down with age.

Although, those who marry under 20 had an average divorce rate of around 16%

Sources.
divorcerate.org

I had another one, but trust me, you didn't want to see it.

I believe i also found where people get the "Half of marriages end in divorce " bullshit, from what I've read, they take the statistics for early and late twenties and put them under the umbrella term "Early Twenties and Thirties" to get around the 50% mark.

So, typically marrying younger will statistically kick you in the junk, unless you're under 20, then go for it!

I don't really give two fucks about any of this, marry whoever you want and eat a fork, whatever makes you happy, I just like presenting my argument with facts.

Now, this isn't really a debate on marriage, but the general consensus I get from these depressing websites and statistics is that we are all going to die alone and nothing will change that.

Edited by Wolfwood, 05 October 2012 - 09:11 PM.

#55 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

do i really need to explain again why highschool relationships are actually not a waste of time and a little important?

jeez i should have bookmarked the last time....

Stopped reading here, you explain this a lot. Not sure if you said it yet but basically high school relation ships help you learn about relationships so you are ready when you get older.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users