95 replies to this topic

#51 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Well that's just plain stupid. If you did that to me I would talk to the manager and hopefully get you kicked out. That's like saying even though barrel tagging is allowed at your field you'd get to butt hurt if you did get surrendered so you'd shoot the guy instead. Your logic is horrible.

So you would try and get me kicked out for not surrending to a person that is, in my eyes not a paintball player. Like I said, if you go into a woods scenario game with your Marker(be it a pistol, rifle, geo,ego, etek or whatever) and carry a foam Knife, sword or something else with you, and you tag me with me that foam item. Fine you win. But!

but, if that player starts the game with nothing but his foam sword, knife or whatever(note : Start) then in my eyes it is not a paintball player, but just another object on the field. Tagging me with your foam stuff, will in no way make me surrender if that is all your carrying from the very start of the game.

If that is screwed up logic in your eyes, fine. note though that I am just following the Basic rules of a paintball game. Which are quite simple, you shoot players, tag players with a paintball marker.

#52 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

Yes and you should add one there. "Please don't shoot players who are super close to you, regardless of sword or not."
I have and I always will be a Christian Baller.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#53 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Well that's just plain stupid. If you did that to me I would talk to the manager and hopefully get you kicked out. That's like saying even though barrel tagging is allowed at your field you'd get to butt hurt if you did get surrendered so you'd shoot the guy instead. Your logic is horrible.

So you would try and get me kicked out for not surrending to a person that is, in my eyes not a paintball player. Like I said, if you go into a woods scenario game with your Marker(be it a pistol, rifle, geo,ego, etek or whatever) and carry a foam Knife, sword or something else with you, and you tag me with me that foam item. Fine you win. But!

but, if that player starts the game with nothing but his foam sword, knife or whatever(note : Start) then in my eyes it is not a paintball player, but just another object on the field. Tagging me with your foam stuff, will in no way make me surrender if that is all your carrying from the very start of the game.

If that is screwed up logic in your eyes, fine. note though that I am just following the Basic rules of a paintball game. Which are quite simple, you shoot players, tag players with a paintball marker.

Yelling out surrender is not tagging someone with a paintball marker. It is in reball to, if you take reball that fucking seriously then "you are in my eyes, not a paintball player". Not to mention in woodsball its mostly milsim, if someone comes and slits your throat in the woods you're fucking dead you're not going to turn around and be like "you can't do that, this is war with guns not knives". Jeez its different if Fedorov jumped over d3, and hit thomas Taylor in the head with a nerf sword....

109.gif

#54 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Lol, I feel like sigging that.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#55 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Yelling out surrender is not tagging someone with a paintball marker. It is in reball to, if you take reball that fucking seriously then "you are in my eyes, not a paintball player". Not to mention in woodsball its mostly milsim, if someone comes and slits your throat in the woods you're fucking dead you're not going to turn around and be like "you can't do that, this is war with guns not knives". Jeez its different if Fedorov jumped over d3, and hit thomas Taylor in the head with a nerf sword....

Yelling to surrender or tagging them is the same concept. But how you try to get someone to get out of the game is not really the point. The point is that if you start a game with nothing but a sword or a knife in a game of paintball, you arent playing paintball. Simple as that.

Also there is a clear difference between a real war and a "game of paintball". and guess what, in milsim everyone still starts with a gun and in addition they carry something else like a knife, hence the whole reason i still respect a tag or surrender by that.

and yeah I take paintball seriously, because it is a hobby of mine and I love to play it the way its meant to be played.

#56 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

Yelling to surrender or tagging them is the same concept. But how you try to get someone to get out of the game is not really the point. The point is that if you start a game with nothing but a sword or a knife in a game of paintball, you arent playing paintball. Simple as that.

Also there is a clear difference between a real war and a "game of paintball". and guess what, in milsim everyone still starts with a gun and in addition they carry something else like a knife, hence the whole reason i still respect a tag or surrender by that.

and yeah I take paintball seriously, because it is a hobby of mine and I love to play it the way its meant to be played.

Of course you are? Barrel tagging shouldn't be allowed then because you aren't shooting them with a paintball, should I write paintball on my sword then? obviously there is a huge difference in real war and paintball? All I am trying to explain to you is that if in real war someone knifes your ass, then in mil sim which literally means Military simulation you should abide by the same "if you get stabbed, or in this case barrel tagged then your ass is out".
109.gif

#57 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

So, what are your opinions on someone removing the barrel of their gun and tagging people out with it?
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#58 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

So, what are your opinions on someone removing the barrel of their gun and tagging people out with it?

I've done it, and I would do it again!!! I also went behind someone put a ball and the barrel and whipped the barrel down and that shit BROKE!
109.gif

#59 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

You definitly take recball too seriously if you don't accept new play styles as fair. What about airoguns? Slingshots? Throwing paint? I don't understand how what they start the game affects anything. If someone tags you with a sword someone tags you with a sword, I don't care what you start with if you surrender me.

And declining an offer to surrender is kind of douchey imo. The guy, rather than lighting you up, gives you a chance to not get lit up. So how do you return the favor? Shoot him?

#60 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

You definitly take recball too seriously if you don't accept new play styles as fair. What about airoguns? Slingshots? Throwing paint? I don't understand how what they start the game affects anything. If someone tags you with a sword someone tags you with a sword, I don't care what you start with if you surrender me.

And declining an offer to surrender is kind of douchey imo. The guy, rather than lighting you up, gives you a chance to not get lit up. So how do you return the favor? Shoot him?

#61 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

#62 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Ohio Raiders 

#63 MrBk

MrBk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

If I was to start with gun and sword but wanted to have FUN and dropped my gun and ran towards you with my sword and got you before you got me would you take the out because I did START the game with the gun that i was using but i didnt have it with me to get you out, or would you complain that i didnt surrender you with a gun and that your not out? i dont understand your rules that ur putting out because i personally along with just about everyone on earth will run faster without the gun in the hands only the sword so tell me in your eyes do you consider it a hit if someone STARTED the game with a gun but tagged you with the sword without a gun on hand with them an elimination? it does follow all of your rules to get you out but now its harder to judge if you consider it an out or not
Nassagaweya Assault Unit #88 "The Pianist"

"Rape and Pillage My Friend, Rape and PIillage" -Bush

Sponsors: ANS gear Paintball HQ Ultimate Paintball Virtue

#64 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Geez... Tough crowd. :mellow: I guess the bottom line is this: If you play with a sword, you run the risk of getting shot. Some players might not respect the sword. Rules should be established in front of all players, and get a consensus in regards to sword hits counting. All it takes is telling the ref to ask the group before they start if sword hits by a player should count.
Posted Image

#65 Flow

Flow

U wot m8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Everyone has Nerfophobia.
GO METAPOD, HIT 'EM WITH A HARDEN!

#66 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

I'm just gonna bring an airsoft gun this weekend, or maybe a nerf gun, maybe a broom stick or a baseball bat, who cares right? as long as I poke the guy with something he's out and I'm still playing paintball.

I love the "takes recball too seriously" complaint by the way, just try and consider that a bunch of guys running around with foam swords may take away from the fun for some people. Which is really my only huge issue with this whole thing.

#67 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

Posted Image

#68 Flow

Flow

U wot m8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

I'm just gonna bring an airsoft gun this weekend, or maybe a nerf gun, maybe a broom stick or a baseball bat, who cares right? as long as I poke the guy with something he's out and I'm still playing paintball.

I love the "takes recball too seriously" complaint by the way, just try and consider that a bunch of guys running around with foam swords may take away from the fun for some people. Which is really my only huge issue with this whole thing.

If anything it makes it more fun. I feel like everyone that hates the new nerf sword idea tries to play rec-ball like a professional.

@Bolded text: Seriously? Your logic is flawed.

Edited by Flow, 04 October 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#69 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

If anything it makes it more fun. I feel like everyone that hates the new nerf sword idea tries to play rec-ball like a professional.

@Bolded text: Seriously? Your logic is flawed.

And that's fine if you find it more fun, but some may not and its not fair to come to a place where people are expecting paintball and give them play swords. If it's stated in the official field rules that play swords count, then fine, people should either deal with it or find another field. But for it to be added spur of the moment I don't think is very considerate of what other paying customers are there for.

Also, if you feel my logic is flawed, back that statement up.

If a play sword counts then a broom stick counts too, both are non-paintball related items being used to tag a player out.

EDIT: Also, enough with this plays rec-ball to seriously stuff, my stand is based purely on the fact that I feel it takes away from the fun

Edited by NBTIppy, 05 October 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#70 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

I don't really see how... Running with only a sword will not get you very many eliminations. You won't be wiping out an entire team, maybe one or two guys. Maybe you're taking away from their fun? I feel as long as rules are made allowing it there is nothing wrong with it.

#71 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,798 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

Posted Image

40k-1.png

#72 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#73 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

I like fartin' around with my nerf sword, but after a while it got a little too cumbersome to carry around all day in hopes of getting maybe one opportunity to tag someone out.

I switched it out for the nerf hatchet, pulled some Mike-Ninja shit for a CTF game, beheaded the last guy, won all the paintball. Shit was cash.
I only play paintball so I can tell dirty jokes.

#74 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

So your mad that someone can get within let's say 3 feet and touch you with a sword but if I run by you and out 3 in your ribs your ok with it? That a boy keeping new people in the game. Not to mention that you can shoot me from 30 yards away pretty easily.

#75 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

For the guys complaining about someone just having a sword. If you don't want the guy only bringing a sword on the field would you be okay if he had a holstered TPX or T8 on him? Sometimes I only bring my Tipx and holster it so I can run up behind people so I can surrender them.

Posted Image

#76 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,798 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

I like fartin' around with my nerf sword, but after a while it got a little too cumbersome to carry around all day in hopes of getting maybe one opportunity to tag someone out.

I switched it out for the nerf hatchet, pulled some Mike-Ninja shit for a CTF game, beheaded the last guy, won all the paintball. Shit was cash.

Those hatchets are awesome and actually fly really well. XD

40k-1.png

#77 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Those hatchets are awesome and actually fly really well. XD

Cdn, links to sites with the swords/hatchets?
Posted Image

#78 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,798 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Where I got mine.

40k-1.png

#79 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Meh swords are overrated anyways... Now lightsabers thats a different story
109.gif

#80 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

So your mad that someone can get within let's say 3 feet and touch you with a sword but if I run by you and out 3 in your ribs your ok with it? That a boy keeping new people in the game. Not to mention that you can shoot me from 30 yards away pretty easily.

At what point did I say to bunker people? Way to put words in my mouth. DO NOT accuse me of making the sport hard on people.

#81 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

So if its 1 on 10 you want me to run up and yell surrender and scare the shit out of the kid also taking the risk of getting shot? With a sword I could run by hit him on the arm Si before he realises it I'm 10 feet away so if he does still shoot me its only a whelp and not a bleeding circle.

#82 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

So if its 1 on 10 you want me to run up and yell surrender and scare the shit out of the kid also taking the risk of getting shot? With a sword I could run by hit him on the arm Si before he realises it I'm 10 feet away so if he does still shoot me its only a whelp and not a bleeding circle.

with a lightsaber you could distract him with illuminating colours as you took him out
109.gif

#83 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

Posted Image

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

#84 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

I like those pants.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#85 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Posted Image

^^ Le Jedi
109.gif

#86 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

can you actually run in those pants?

#87 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

lol "the risk of getting shot" you are aware this is paintball we are talking about right?

In a matter of two posts you managed to say people shouldn't be bunkering (which I agree with) but also they shouldn't be using the surrender rule. Not sure what you'd like people to do

#88 Flow

Flow

U wot m8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Posted Image

Is that at liberty?

#89 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

lol "the risk of getting shot" you are aware this is paintball we are talking about right?

In a matter of two posts you managed to say people shouldn't be bunkering (which I agree with) but also they shouldn't be using the surrender rule. Not sure what you'd like people to do

I'm not saying the surrender rule is "bad" but after doing it to numerous lil kid and being shot because of it ill pass. Would I shoot a lil kid in tje head because of him shooting me after a sword tag (same exact thing as a barrel tag) no but I'm not going to be happy about it if he plays on. I'm an aggressive player because I play pump exclusively and end up on the opposite side of a bunker from the new players quite often so instead of shooting them or yelling surrender I simply lean around and hit them with a sword. Which would you honestly prefer, someone shooting you from 2 feet away or a simple harmless tap from a foam sword?

Edited by YoungGun32, 07 October 2012 - 05:36 AM.

#90 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

Flow, yeah, the last big game.

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

#91 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

MY rules for nerf swords/ lightsabers counting:
1) Refs okay it
2) Surrender rule is required
At my field its a 15 ft rule that's enforced so its not like you could shoot them anyway
3) Rentals only games, want to play with friends.
Reasoning behind this one is that I have been the politest person quietly saying surrender to a 12 year old and still get 5 balls in the chest. Its annoying
Other than that, if all they have is a sword, shoot them. if they have a sword and a gun, I'd accept the courtesy.
I personally love screwing around with a rental and a saber when i go with my friends that dont have their own stuff. keeps it interesting

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#92 fullerpb

fullerpb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

What we do at our field is that they do not allow swords but do allow barrel tagging so you just take of your barrel and poke 'em with it. It works as long as someone doesn't go full out whacking people.

#93 Flow

Flow

U wot m8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Flow, yeah, the last big game.

Well shit, too bad I couldn't make it. I'll be going on the 27th.

#94 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

What we do at our field is that they do not allow swords but do allow barrel tagging so you just take of your barrel and poke 'em with it. It works as long as someone doesn't go full out whacking people.

not trying to be a prick but that makes no sense at all. its ok to poke someone with a metal pipe but not a foam sword? sorry that's just crazy talk.

#95 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,798 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

Posted Image

:P

40k-1.png

#96 Flow

Flow