13 replies to this topic

#1 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

So I am starting a fitness log just so I can gain some more muscle and increase my speed and endurance on the field. I did a light workout just to get back into the swing of things on Saturday and I will be doing a total workout today. I will post it up later!
I have and I always will be a Christian Baller.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#2 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

So I didn't do a total workout yesterday because I was pretty busy and my abs were still pretty sore from Saturday. Anyways I'll be going for a jog/running/sprint after school today as well.

I am also going to weigh myself at the beginning of each week or every other week to see how many pounds of muscle I have put on. Today I weighed approximately 92 lbs. and I am 5'6.

Crunches, Set 1, 20, Set 2, 20, Set 3, 20.

Chinups, Set 1, 6, Set 2, 6, Set 3, 6.

Pushups, Set 1, 10 Set 2, 12, Set 3, 15.

I do separate the sets of exercises. Meaning that I do crunches, then chinups, then pushsups. Then I do 2 more sets.

I do not have a barbell/any real weights, and the dumbells that my dad bought are broken lol.

Edited by Woodyballer29, 04 October 2012 - 11:26 AM.

My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#3 newwestswag

newwestswag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

Make sure you eat more calories than you burn to gain muscle weight. And crunches are pretty useless as any workout actually uses your abs. I recommend finding some weights to do deadlifts with. and some weighted squats.

#4 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

Yeah see that's my biggest problem I think, I can't enough calories in me. I mean when I worked out before I gained a bit of muscle but for the time that I spent at it, I felt I should have gained more muscle. I try to eat lots of calories but I never gain any weight unless I grow taller. I am thinking about getting some protein supplements.

I felt my abs were pretty sore after I did my crunches so idk but I might as well do something to strengthen my abs. I've herd squats are bad for your knees and I already sometimes have knee pain. I'll post my height as well as my weight.

#5 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

I am about 5'6 in height.

#6 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Try interval running for endurance. I did it over the summer, my mile time went from a 12:30 to a 8:45. Before I could do 3 laps (8 lap mile) before I had to stop, I had no issue doing the whole mile, I could do more.

For the intervals I would sprint 110% for 30 secs then jog 45. Sounds easy, it's not. In the begging I had to do the sprint and a 1 min walk, my endurance was horrible. Eventually I did the sprint, jog and then the walk. Soon I could do the sprint and jog without walking.

I did 1 mile a day, if you are going by time just do 10 mins, increasing a min every week.

#7 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Try interval running for endurance. I did it over the summer, my mile time went from a 12:30 to a 8:45. Before I could do 3 laps (8 lap mile) before I had to stop, I had no issue doing the whole mile, I could do more.

For the intervals I would sprint 110% for 30 secs then jog 45. Sounds easy, it's not. In the begging I had to do the sprint and a 1 min walk, my endurance was horrible. Eventually I did the sprint, jog and then the walk. Soon I could do the sprint and jog without walking.

I did 1 mile a day, if you are going by time just do 10 mins, increasing a min every week.

Thanks bro! I was wondering what I was going to do for the endurance part for the field. I really want to get faster and have more endurance. I would have to time it in minutes because I don't do miles up in Canada lol.

#8 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Haha. For speed there is no secret, go hard or go home. You need to give it your all to get faster. Do wind sprints. Here's and example;

Go to a Football field, Soccer field or somewhere where there is a good amount of distance. Sprint full force across it, walk back, sprint again. Keep doing that.

Another thing is something we do in football. Back pedal, sidestep left, sprint forward, sidestep left, backpedal, etc. Around bags. They are those punching bag sized ones, 2-3 times your shoulder width in between bags. You don't need bags, just act like they are there. Stay low and lean forward and keep your feet moving. Go as fast as you can, only keep your feet and legs moving, no hip or body movement.

Practice sprinting out an awkward stance. Do 2 burpees and sprint right out if the second one, no break or time to get positioned. Run the same distance as a wind sprint.

Jumping squats. Explode into them to build muscle, do them till you can't, 3 sets, 5 min break in between. This will help acceleration because you have more strength. Acceleration is purely strength.

#9 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

Thanks man, will definitely try it!

So I worked out today and I went for a brisk walk just so I don't like kill my legs when I go running.

3 sets of 20 crunches

2 sets of 6 chinups and 1 set of 7

3 sets of 15 pushups

#10 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

No problem. This is agility and conditioning stuff but I have gotten faster doing it. This stuff also helps a lot with endurance too. Make sure you are doing all the backpedals and sidesteps with good form, it's so easy to mess up on it.

On more thing you could do is pushups in combo with endurance training. Do a pushup, move your right foot to where your left is and move the left to the right spot, do another. Do this to failure, aim for perfect form and fast reps.

You could also do a variant of it with bear crawls. Pushup, bear crawl full speed 10 meters (Canadians and your metric system...) and do another, do it to failure.

#11 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Thanks! I'll definitely try some of this stuff out.

#12 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Cut grass today instead of working out.

#13 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

lolfun
OFWGKTA

#14 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

lolfun

Well I got paid so it kind of offsets it. And I think I actually set a record on how fast I cut it. Took me about an hour.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users