• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 DeadlyAtoms

DeadlyAtoms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

Hey guys, I have been working my ass off all summer to finally buy myself a Spyder Xtra. I am looking for a affordable hopper with the money I have left, and the only hopper I have come across is the Proto Primo hopper.
Do you guys have any suggestions? If you do that would be great.
Thanks in advance,
Sam

#2 mymutter

mymutter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

The Primo's are great for what they are, no batteries, 8 balls per second, no batteries

Now, electric hoppers you can pick up revy's cheap, and they are in my opinion the best for not force fed hoppers

Force fed hoppers: Halo's can be bought cheap now used, and under 50 new, 26 bps and very few problems!

#3 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

If you just want a gravity feed hopper, the primo is the best.

If you want something that will offer a higher ROF/ less ball breaks then here are a few options:

For $36.95 JT Overdrive DB: http://www.ansgear.c...rivedbsmoke.htm

----I haven't heard a lot about this one, but it seems decent and is sound activated( which means it spins every time the hopper hears a shot)

At $49.95 there is the Tippmann SSL-200, which is like an agitating Pinokio.
http://www.ansgear.c...sl200loader.htm

For $69.95 you have the Kingman Fasta loader here:
http://www.ansgear.c...a18ledblack.htm

Also, check your local MC sports. At the one in my local mall, they have brand new Halo B's for $50 plus tax.- These are proven and reliable and have plenty of upgrades/ replacement parts.

^^All of these should keep up with your xtra, but if you haven't purchased one already, I would recommend looking into the azodin kaos. They are very similar, but they use fewer proprietary parts, so it makes upgrading easier.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#4 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

Yeah don't get a Spyder lol. But you could always check out the bst and see if something decent comes up in the hopper section. A kaos like Dertydood said would be much better than an extra. If you are getting an Electronic Spyder Xtra then I would still advise against getting one. A Gog Envy at $200 is way more gun for the price. And if you really want to save up more either an Extcy or Rail would be my choice. And Christmas is coming so if you can ask for some money or something for Christmas then put that towards your paintball stuff.

If you want to buy new then a Fasta I've heard is pretty good and should keep up with the gun that you decide to buy. Stay away from a Vmax though.

.I never know what to put in these things.

#5 newwestswag

newwestswag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

christmas is right around the corner and you don't really play paintball in the winter unless you have an indoor field so i recommend waiting to buy anything until after christmas and then taking your money from then and buying high quality stuff. or ask for paintball stuff for christmas like a mask, tank and hopper.

#6 Wolferam

Wolferam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

It all depends on your budget. I would agree with Woodsballer, to a certain degree about the Spyder. The Xtra can be a decent marker, but I would never pay more than 50.00 for a Spyder, unless it's a 2009 Electra or 2012 Fenix. Nothing wrong with a Spyder, but there are better markers available. I would check the BST for a good used hopper, maybe a Halo Too or similar.

#7 DudeinDump

DudeinDump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Definitely a primo, those things work beautifully with blow-back markers. As people are saying the Azodin Kaos is a much nicer choice then a spyder. A Kaos is the same design, they just have better parts inside them.

The difference isn't too big but the prices for the guns are about the same and the kaos is a tad bit nicer then the xtra.

#8 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

christmas is right around the corner and you don't really play paintball in the winter unless you have an indoor field so i recommend waiting to buy anything until after christmas and then taking your money from then and buying high quality stuff. or ask for paintball stuff for christmas like a mask, tank and hopper.

Contrary to popular belief. Woodsballing in the winter is super fun! I think I'll be doing it this year. The year before last I winter paintballed as well.

#9 SoCalPB22

SoCalPB22

Just Addictied...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

You guys have forgot to mention the EMPIRE HALO TOO

#10 Leonardosaurus

Leonardosaurus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Well in Miami there is no such thing as "winter"

#11 thetinman

thetinman

thetinman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

I have a 2005 spyder xtra. Its a really great mechy and it doesn't really matter about the non-propriety parts b/c you wont really want to upgrade a mech (that would just be a waste of money). But the primo ia the best gravity hopper

#12 DeadlyAtoms

DeadlyAtoms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

Hahaha ok thank you guys so much for all your help, and where I live there is no winter. I live in Oman, in the Middle-East and we have this thing called Desert-ball (it really dosen't exist in the outside world) It basically is a replacement for Woods ball considering there is no forest here. But mostly people just play in doors.
Thanks again for your guys help and I will take your suggestion into account.
Sam

#13 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

Now that deserves a medal. Balling in the middle east would be super hot. You would be sweating buckets.

#14 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

Didn't see that one coming. Posted Image

#15 lp04

lp04

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Gulf of Oman love that map

#16 recklessbob

recklessbob

Welts Don't Wipe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

vforce vlocity is a great budget market. you can get them used for around 30-40. it

sounds like wayne brady is gonna have to choke a bitch.

AXE F/S/T: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217311
68/4500-
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=215637

#17 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

I play in the snow...
and that is a good idea, though it comes to a point where you gotta be an adult and buy your own gear. Christmas is not a viable source of income after you've turned like 11

also lurk around the BST here, put a watch on the hopper section and check out what people are throwing up there, every now and then a $25 vlocity will pop up. Those are great starter hoppers, I used one before my rotor and it has never failed. I still have it as backup.

Edited by junits15, 22 October 2012 - 03:07 PM.

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#18 302Kraken

302Kraken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

vforce vlocity is a great budget market. you can get them used for around 30-40. it

Vforce velocity Jr with virtue chip=can-o-whoopass

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

#19 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Find an eggy. They look horrible but they're so cheap.

#20 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

No eggy's are bad...

#21 heylookitskarl

heylookitskarl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

http://www.tippmannp...ile-hopper.html

And BOOM! should be in your price range lol...
just had to

#22 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

http://www.tippmannp...ile-hopper.html

And BOOM! should be in your price range lol...
just had to

You have to have the cyclone feed for this...

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users